Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 58% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$5.00 (25%)|
- Made with the Best Quality Material with your child in mind.
- Top Quality Children's Item.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Resident Evil 6 is a Survival-Horror game that continues the struggle against the series' signature zombie inducing bio-terror, while raising the bar with all new game functionality. Players enjoy a diverse play experience, highlighted by the ability to select between three scenarios featuring multiple characters and intertwined storylines. Within these scenarios both stories and action cross paths. Additional features include zombies as well as new enemies, upgradable firepower and characters, vehicle based options, the mini-game based Mercenaries mode, and single-player and co-op play options.
The Most Ambitious, Immersive and Feature Rich Resident Evil To-date
Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012. Resident Evil favorites Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield are joined by new characters, including Jake Muller, to face a new horror, the highly virulent C-virus, as the narrative moves between North America, the war-torn Eastern European state of Edonia and the Chinese city of Lanshiang. Joining this cast will be presidential aide Derek Simmons, who vows to track down Leon for his involvement in the President's death, and femme fatale Ada Wong. But what part will Ada play as the story unravels and does she have ties to the mysterious Neo-Umbrella?
With three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online, not only will Resident Evil 6 deliver both different perspectives and gameplay styles but, with the introduction of the innovative Crossover gameplay mechanic players will be able to team up and share the horror. At key moments during the game, up to four players can join together online to tackle a specific situation, with some stages seeing the usual partnerships swapped to further increase the depth of gameplay.
Key Game Features
- Horror on a Global Scale - No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
- Multiple Characters and Intertwined storylines - Experience the horror playing as Leon S. Kennedy, BSAA member Chris Redfield, and son of Albert Wesker, Jake Muller; with their respective partners US government agent Helena Harper, BSAA member Piers Nivans and Sherry Birkin
- Not Only Does Each Story Cross Paths, But So Does the Action - At significant points when the narrative draws pairs of characters together, the all new Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online
- Play Solo, or Co-op - Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and two player co-op gameplay either offline or online
- A New Challenge - Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms
- Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games
- The enemy creatures known as J'avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured; furthermore, if J'avo take substantial damage to a particular area they can mutate the affected body part into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability
- The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures
- Play Your Way - Upgrade your character to provide faster reload speed, improved firepower or increase your health bar with the character skill system
- Vehicle Based Action - Resident Evil 6 includes gameplay sections featuring vehicles such as motorbikes, cars and snowmobiles
- Mercenaries Return - Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries mode
- Redesigned Control System - Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot while moving - slide, roll in any direction and to take cover along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack
- Localized Voiceovers - Resident Evil 6 will include fully localized voice over in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian as well as subtitles in Japanese, Russian, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese
- Unlock Ada Wong - Once players have completed the initial three campaigns they will unlock an all new campaign featuring Resident Evil’s very own femme fatale, Ada Wong. A single player experience, Ada’s campaign features unique missions, gameplay and weapons which will provide answers to the unanswered questions from the first three campaigns.
Vehicle based action.
More challenging zombies.
Co-op online and offline.
New enemies known as J'avo.
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
I'll try my best to help out any potential buyers.
It would take all the room on the page to go into detail about all the gameplay changes but basically, if you've ever played Gears of War, the gameplay is very similar to it.
- You can change your characters handedness on the fly. Don't like having to play as Helena on the right side of the screen? Just press R3 and she'll switch to the left side.
- Dark atmosphere. Even though it isn't scary they at least tried.
- Smooth controls.
- Inventory is better to accommodate the action. You just use Up/Down on the d-pad to switch weapons and Left/Right to switch items. You have little restrictions now except you can't swap items with your partner.
- The skill system is nice. You can pick up skill points that drop from enemies and customize your character however you'd like upon meeting the requirements for the skills to unlock. There's skills that increase gun power, reload speed, melee power, recoil, accuracy, skills to not have to rely on your partner, increased ammo pickups, etc.
- Melee feels overpowered. Why waste tons of ammo on a zombie when you can just beat them up?
- Zombies are back... but now they're faster, carry weapons like bottles and guns, and they're only in Leon's campaign. The majority of the enemies are J'avo, which are like soldiers that are half dead, smarter, and carry guns. The rest are your typical BOW monsters.
- A lot of Quick Time Events and even some cheap deaths.
- Turning off Waypoints turns off your HUD.Read more ›
If you're reading this, then chances are you've already read much longer reviews outlining the pros and cons, the new innovations, and the gameplay mechanics. The only reason I'm writing this is so anyone who's still on the fence about buying this game can get a simple, calm review. A lot of reviews (good and bad) are so heated on this game that it's hard for me to read more than one or two at a time.
What eventually drove me to write this is going back and reading reviews of RE1 and 2. The complaints for those games are:
1. The camera
2. The aiming
3. The pacing (too slow)
4. The controls (move like a tank)
5. The "stupid" puzzles
6. Not enough ammo
7. Can't move and shoot
Now the complaints for RE6:
1. The camera
2. The aiming
3. The pacing (too fast)
4. The controls (move like an action hero)
5. The lack of puzzles
6. Too much ammo
7. Moving and shooting is lame
8. Zombies body parts fall off and can't shoot them in the same area anymore (someone actually complained about this)
I'll be the first to admit, RE6 is lacking big time as far as the "throw back" factor is concerned. However, I appreciate what they're doing here. I personally love the whole lay-on-your-back-and-frantically-shoot-enemies feature.Read more ›
+It's a rather good looking game
+The atmosphere in some of its moments are great
+Some creative set piece moments
+Fairly decent voice acting
+A less frustrating AI to deal with
+Some neat little gameplay mechanics make it in such as the melee combat
+Four different campaigns keep things going for a long time
-Far too many quick time events
-Inventory management is a pain
-It's easy to suffer cheap deaths due to poor setups, unless you know the danger is coming you might not be able to do much about it in time
-Despite four campaigns the game has some unusual pacing; there are definitely moments where the game is padding out its length and they're clearly noticeable
Resident Evil has a long and varied history. As gaming moves on Resident Evil has spent quite a bit of time trying to find it's footing. It's not necessarily an identity crisis so much as it is that the gaming landscape has changed so much that Resident Evil has to keep up in an area it used to dominate. The approach with Resident Evil 6 seems to be trying to mend as much as they can to give you what may be one of the most varied gameplay experiences you'll find in the entire series. In part because there are times Resident Evil 6 just isn't sure what it really wants to be. It's not really survival horror at this point, but that's far from some of the questionable choices made with Resident Evil 6.
The story is rather simple this time around. There's a big virus outbreak only this time it's of epidemic proportions. It's been a long time since the outbreak in Raccoon City and the President believes it's time to let everyone know the truth. Unfortunately, someone doesn't want this to happen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Although it didn't come inside the cover. It has no scratches and works excellent.Published 7 days ago by Luis
So i waited till i beat RE5 before i got RE6, beat the game twice, and now am finally ready to do the review. Read morePublished 10 days ago by John
Absolutely disgusting/horrible. As a long time Resident evil fan, it breaks my heart seeing this franchise stray away from survival horror......Published 17 days ago by michael mayorga
My husband bought this game, he loves Resident Evil games but this one isnt like the others, the game play is a lot different, it used to be resident evil was more like opening and... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Tonya
I never bought this game in 2012. Good idea. I bought it used and wanted to see what i thought about the game. I played through one mission of Ada Wong and was not scared at all. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Nathan Apelian