4.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 6 is a Great Third-Person Shooter
Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horror game. Period. It's a top notch third-person shooter involving zombies, monsters, and biological weapons. The only reason I did not give this game five stars is because no matter how hard I try I cannot help but feel a little disappointed that it's nothing like the previous ones. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just my own...
Published on October 6, 2012 by Dock Saint

3.0 out of 5 stars Very mixed
There's too many glowing/bad reviews from people that only played the demo and reviews that...aren't even reviews but just a paragraph of praise or hate.

I'll try my best to help out any potential buyers.

It would take all the room on the page to go into detail about all the gameplay changes but basically, if you've ever played Gears of War, the...
Published on October 2, 2012 by Dawn

‹ Previous | 1 2 377 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio-Hazar...oh I'm sorry, Resident Evil 6, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I know there are fans out there that feel as though Resident Evil has drifted from it's roots. They would be correct. However, don't forget that this isn't really Resident Evil. It's Biohazard. As long as you remember that then you should understand what it's really about. It's not about being stuck in an "evil" mansion. It's about facing bio-organic threats(well it is Bio Hazard). Anyways, it's too bad they couldn't use the real name(because of a band with the same name?!) but if you want survival horror to the extreme then perhaps you should try the Silent Hill series. As far as Resident Evil 6 is concerned, it's an experience like Resident Evil 5 only with way better control and 4 times as long. Or maybe 3. Well, it's really long with a story that is somewhat unexpected yet appealing in ways that Capcom fans should understand(I'm a Capcom fan BTW). So...if you're not a Capcom fan then you should be. And please don't comment about how you don't like Capcom, I've heard all the issues and quite frankly I get it but others don't.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, August 26, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Save your money. This is one of the worst games I have played and I have played some real doozies. I ran through Ada's campaign and after the first third of the the second chapter she was using her guns, machine pistol, sniper rifle and assault shotgun as clubs because the only ammo she ever got was not for her. The repeated running around frantically like a chicken with its head cut off performing QTEs got tedious during the second one. They are pointless, over extended, repetitious and complete trash. The only purpose they serve, as you will die repeatedly, is to extend the playing time without the need for the developers to actually produce any more content. In other words, they are included to bilk you out of your hard earned cash by having a longer "playing experience". It just happens that that extended experience is rubbish.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful game, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
really disappointing with Capcom as i am a lifelong Res Evil fan. Although 5 was not as good as 4, the drop from 5 to 6 is quite steep. this is the first RE game i gave up playing before beating...

2.0 out of 5 stars Resident Evil 6 no longer scary.., June 3, 2013
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Don't know what it is.. but its not that scary. Maybe the developers focus on the graphics so much they forget about the scary parts of the game. In fact, I can pick why it isn't scary. First of all, no one likes smart zombies. They can ride snow-mobiles! What? Did you just read that? Yes, they can. I liked the zombies where you would hear them in the hallways waiting for fresh meat. Just walking up to you with their hands toward you. Nope not in this... same as Resident Evil 5, you got these smart zombies wielding guns, knifes, bombs and yes, they can even snipe! Horrible.. just horrible. That converts RE into an action game rather than the typical horror genre. Of course RE6 is fun but its not the same. Its like playing Resistance or something. I got this because the price had dropped. There was no way I was buying this when it was $60. Nope. Anyone else reading this may agree. For the new kids on the block they might like it. But overall, I give it a 3 out of 5. Yea its fun, yea its suspenseful.. but its not Resident Evil.

As for the story I haven't beaten the game yet. So far it seems decent. Nothing too exciting though. Some of the game play is just too hard. Some sequences that add more action/ surprise scenes that is unnecessary. Disappointing. Online play was OK, but also not too exiting. I haven't tried the DLC maps and missions for online. But I feel like I don't need it. I still got to beat the game and I would say the replay value is probably the best part. It will keep you busy for a while since there are different story lines.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, May 24, 2014
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Bad play control. Bad perspective. Too much going on. Wish RE would abandon their crumby co-op and return to the single-player style of RE 1 - 4. If I wanted to play Call of Duty, I'd buy Call of Duty

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good game at all, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I don't like the direction Capcom took the Resident evil series. The series no longer has that surprise and scary atmosphere among other things, compared to the original series which is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Resident Evil Magnificent Game, November 14, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I don't know so many people review this as a bad game or complaining too much changes. People are becoming lame everyday. Surely, Resident evil 4 and 5 were great and all but do you want to play the same video game play over and over again? Honestly, that's the reason why Capcom has completely changed this into a different game play. Different control. Some people say on the review says that the control is way too different and if you don't like that you can change the setting of control back to classic which is the same control as Resident evil 4 except for the melee attack. Well I love the big changes because my brain would try to think different way of playing this game than playing Resident Evil 4. I really won't why people like to stay in a classic bcz it is like those people who only listen to classic music. Bring in more variety into your life so that it would develop and think better in the future. Can people say they like projectile drum-can TV forever? It must develop into plasma TV, LCD TV, LED TV, 3D TV, OLED TV, and 4K TV. We constantly develop more complex innovation of the future and this game must be accepted and think of it as a totally brand new way of approach of Resident Evil series. I give 4.9 out of 5 stars.
98.9 points out of 100 points for this review. Extremely excellent game and the best Resident Evils among all other RE series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Much Ado About Nothing, October 15, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I'm going to try and be as objective as I can in this review. After reading at least 50-plus reviews on this site, I'm strictly going to base my review on how this game played for me. It's apparent I do not possess the gaming skills of most on here; I can tell that from the reviews.

Resident Evil 5 (the Gold Version) was really enjoyable. The controls were easy; it was easy keeping track of your inventory, and there were enough "hints" while you played to learn exactly how everything worked. I never once got stumped about anything. The same cannot be said for Resident Evil 6. The game came with NO instructions whatsoever. The hints that appeared while your were playing either did not work or they appeared and disappeared so quickly, the only way you could hope to learn anything would be to take an Evelyn Woods' speed-reading class. Managing and maintaining your inventory is next to impossible. In fact, I NEVER figured it out. You are not told how to take your herbs to heal yourself. The "map" to help you attain your goal(s) is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it. Your environment is way too dark...until you get to the "snow screen," and then you can't see a thing.

That being said, I got an e-mail from Amazon today advising of a--you guessed it--GUIDEBOOK for all of us too ignorant to figure anything out, that tells what we're supposed to do. And, of course, that comes at an additional price.

I have one suggestion for the creators of Resident Evil 6--in doing the next installment, please keep in mind that not everyone who plays your game is 13-14 years of age. I'm 60 and I've enjoyed most of the past Resident Evil games. This one, well, for lack of a better word, blows. I'm going to try to sell it and at least recoup a small portion of the price I paid for this overblown, over-hyped, piece of crap. Plunking down nearly $60.00 for a bare bones game (with no instructions) and then being asked to shell out another $15 for a guide is akin to being scre*ed without a kiss..and I stopped that years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Literally gives me a Headache, October 8, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Been a fan of the series since original RE1 and played up to RE5. Did not play any of the remakes. Have played RE6 for 2 days now and one thing that bothered me the most, it gives me a headache. I think the combination of lighting and camera is doing it. In all my time playing video games this is the only one that had this effect on me. Hopefully I can get used to it. Here's my first impression review.

The game tries to address some of the complaints in RE5 like cannot shoot while walking, cannot dodge, etc. Whether this is good or bad depends on your taste. With the changes it feels like a shooter, I personally liked the rigidness of the action in the older RE games, I believe it was better suited for a survival horror game. The RE6 changes are not really so bad but needs getting used to.

Some of the not so good:
1. Only played Leon's game so far, but lighting is very dark. At least for me, if I follow the recommended brightness setting, I don't see squat. I had to max the in game brightness plus the TV's brightness setting as well in order to see where I'm going.
2. Cheap cheap deaths. There will be scenarios like objective is "kill all zombies", then out of nowhere there will be a train or car that will ram you... dead. If you are right next to a dazed zombie, there is a QTE to execute a finishing move (just like RE4 and 5) the problem is it overrides the display for QTE to say dodge an incoming train. I don't mind QTE's, but badly implemented QTEs is a different story. There is already a dedicated melee button, I don't need to be instructed to hit melee button for a special attack. Leave the QTE for the real scenario based QTEs.
3. Game takes control of some things for you. Like you can't turn your flash light on/off, game decides that for you. Game decides if you can run or not, or where the camera should point at certain times. Very annoying.
4. Cheap ambush tactics. You see a dead body, you just know it's going to get up and grab you. You want to whack it, no effect, bullets will pass through. You can only whack it the moment it starts moving. Come on, if I'm in a zombie apocalypse and I see a dead body, I'm not going to wait for the thing to get up before I start whacking it.
5. Skipping across dead bodies, the game decided that it might be fun when you walk over a dead body that it will make your character go on a skipping motion, very annoying especially when you are fighting.
6. Like already mentioned, it gave me a headache, literally because of the lighting and camera.

Whether it's a bad game, I don't think so. But whether it had the same addicting factor as the old RE games, definitely not in my book. For old time RE fans maybe still worthwhile to give a chance but get it once the price drops, it may not be worth the release price

1.0 out of 5 stars horrid, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
worst resident evil ever .. back tracking in every aspect of the game. feels dated . unplayable it is so bad

‹ Previous | 1 2 377 | Next ›

Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
$19.99 $12.99