Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Resident Evil Essentials (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X / Resident Evil Outbreak / Resident Evil 4)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 14, 2009
I'm real happy to play these games again. Not sure about Outbreak but Code Veronica X and Four were the best in the PS2 series! Period! Plenty of weapons and items to take it to every zombie you find! Good thing about Outbreak is it makes you think, not just blast. The others are the ones to satisfy the violence we play this game for.
on July 6, 2011
Resident Evil Essentials come with Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Resident Evil Outbreak, and Resident Evil 4. I must tell you that all of this games are incredibly fun and keep you busy for hours and hours. If you are a hardcore Resident Evil fan then I recommend this product to buy. You will not regret it.
on June 10, 2009
This is the first thing i have ever bought from Amazon. I got it back when it was $20, and when i saw it i knew definatly that i would get it.
All of the games in the pack are great. I was kind of worried about it because people were saying how Resident Evil 4 was the best and the only reason you should buy it. That was the original reason why i bought it but i haven't played re4 since i got this. All of the games are fun, scary, and action packed. Even at the new price, i would still buy this. Its worth it. It also comes in a study box that keeps organizing the games easy.
on November 14, 2013
Pure horror action just like the movies. If you like the movies then these games could totally suck out loud and you would still like the action. However, these games most certainly do NOT suck out loud and if you get them, I am sure that you will agree. Highly recommended!
on March 26, 2013
File #1 is still loads of fun. Finding secret items after you click on an area a bunch of times, gaining points, unlocking stuff, and panicking from being chased by the tyrant lol just hours of fun and frustration :) It still has me wishing that they would remake it and #2 or make a file #3 with a multiplayer option and a build-your-character option :D

I already had Code Veronica, but now I wouldn't have to share with my sisters lol It's all mine :)

I'll probably never buy any RE game that is after RE 4, but RE 4 is still awesome. Just don't like lugging around the President's daughter or whatever her name is lol It's pretty challenging, and the merchant, my main man hahah, supplies me. My only other complaint about the game is there rarely being an option to buy health from the merchant.

My order had cost about $20.00 for this 3-box set (compared to games today). I had absolutely no problems with my order. It was prompt, and surprisingly, all of my games work (and it was "used-very good" quality)
I recommend others buy this set. It's cheap and hours of zombie killing and panic lol
on January 30, 2013
outbreak

1.focuses on a new play style where you team up with other Raccoon-city residents to fight the zombie hoards
2.there are loads more playable characters than in previous games
3.more puzzle/logic based game play
4.plenty of zombie killing
5.choose from 8 playable characters, each one giving a different experience of the game

ok, so outbreak isn't for everyone but it is an ambitious gameplay switch from previous titles.

code veronica x

1.classic resident evil action- escape, continues the story from re3, following claire as she attempts to escape her imprisonment on an island
2.loads of zomies to kill
3.the game itself is a good length and there are lots of areas to explore
4.the story is really good, as is the atmosphere it creates

up there with some of the best games ever, despite its age it should be played and still looks good.

re4

1.use a sniper rifle against zombies- you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't think that that's cool!
2.different take on the previous games- a religious cult has 'infected' a town and the 'zombies' are fast as f***!
3.the fact that the zombies are fast and use weapons really adds to the intensity of the experience
4.there are some really nice set pieces, detailed environments and it's a big game

class, a must play despite it's ps2 platform- the graphics are more than acceptable and the game play and atmos makes for a great game.
on June 5, 2009
For the price I paid for 3 games, I would say this is worth it. Granted, Resident Evil 4 is nothing like the other 2 games accompanying it in this essentials pack. RE4 was when Capcom decided to evolutionize the Resident Evil genre from horror/survival to action/shooter. Code Veronica X has to be the hardest RE game of the genre. It's more of a complex version of the first Resident Evil and as always, the storyline is corny as the rest of the games in the RE genre. Outbreak was the most unappealing of the 3 games in this collection. By far, for the price offered, RE4 is THE best game of all the released Resident Evil games. At this price for 3 games, it's a deal/bargain!
on February 20, 2011
This is definitely worth it! A great price for not one, not two but THREE resident evil games! I highly recommend this edge of the seat, action packed game to anyone mature enough to handle it.
on November 10, 2012
As a resident evil fan, must have this great item! this is a real boxset, comes with actual games! not download codes on a piece of paper like they do for the ps3 now days.
on July 18, 2014
Its a good ass game I bought this games again cause it reminds me the good old days!!!!"!! So I give a 5 stars for this games!!!!!