| Experience the thrill and terror of the infamous Resident Evil franchise like never before with the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. Featuring Chris Redfield of the original Resident Evil and new partner Sheva Alomar, a West African agent of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), this sci-fi action/survival game is packed with hordes of fast-moving, quick-thinking enemies that represent a whole new breed of unimaginable undead evil. The Gold Edition features every exciting play option found in the initial releases of the game, including two-player co-op, powerful new weapons and real-time inventory management between players, but also includes all RE5 console version download content released to date. This includes new episodes and costumes, an improved Mercenaries Mode, and online versus mode. Story|
From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and contained, but a new, more dangerous threat has emerged. Years after surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world. Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (B.S.A.A.), Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures. Joined by local BSSA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to solve the truth behind the disturbing turn of events. Exciting Two-Player Co-op Mode
The new cooperative gameplay element focuses on the realities of a dual-agent mission, highlighting the ways in which Redfield and Alomar must work together to survive the unexpected, while still allowing them to split up and work alone. To help you maximize the potential of this setup, two-player online and offline co-op modes ensure that you have options when aligning yourself with a partner. New Episodes Episodes and Costumes
In addition to all the campaign gameplay content included in the initial standard console release, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition also includes two all-new episodes. These include "Lost in Nightmares" in which Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine journey back to the Spencer Mansion from the original Resident Evil to solve its puzzles, and uncover the secrets of the Umbrella Corporation; and "Desperate Escape", featuring Jill Valentine and BSAA agent Josh Stone fighting to escape the Tricell facility, and the unrelenting waves of enemies at their heels. The Gold Edition also adds two new costume packs containing a total of four new costumes. These new costumes feature full playability both in-game and in cutscenes, ensuring that Gold Edition players always fight evil in style. Online Versus Mode now Included
Originally available only as an additional digital content download, the Resident Evil 5 online versus mode comes packaged along with the Gold Edition. In it players with free PlayStation Network memberships take control of Chris, Sheva and other RE5 favorites in online battles of up to four players where the choice is yours whether to fight alone or with a team in two game variations which include "Slayers", where you compete for points by defeating the zombie Majini, and "Survivors", where you fight against human competition. Mercenaries Reunion
Mercenary Mode, was an unlockable mode available at the end of the single player campaign in the original releases of the game that hearkened back to the franchises roots in the Horror genre. Mercenaries Reunion is an updated version of that mode included in the Gold Edition. It is an all-out, arcade style zombie fest in which players must eliminate as many enemies as they can in a limited amount of time, using only the weapons and ammo that is found in the play environment, and a curtailed number of inventory slots. Available both offline and online, Mercenaries Reunion features eight new playable characters and weapon load outs, providing players with additional opportunities and challenges. An Unprecedented Level of Fear
CO-producer and series veterans Jun Takeuchi (Lost Planet) and Masachika Kawata (Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles) unleash an unprecedented level of fear for the next generation in Resident Evil 5, the sequel to one of the highest-rated video games in history according to Metacritic.com and Gamerankings.com. Revolutionizing the series with an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, Resident Evil 5 is certain to bring new fans to the series as well as satisfy veteran players. These incredible changes to both the gameplay and world of Resident Evil make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe. Key Features
- Gold Edition Extras - Get the full RE5 experience on one disc. This special edition includes: all of the original content, two new episodes, four new costumes, an updated Mercenaries Mode and online RE5 versus mode.
- Two Playable Characters – Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic.
- Two Player Online Co-op – New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive new challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies.
- Next Generation of Fear – Features groundbreaking graphics that utilize an advanced version of Capcom’s proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
- "Quick-Select" Inventory System – Improved inventory system allows items to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the directional pad for instant access.
- New Control Schemes – Features new modernized third-person action game control variations as well as the return of the traditional Resident Evil 4 control schemes.
- New Enemies Bring New Challenges – Enemies boast increased speed and intelligence, making them as dangerous alone as they are in groups.
- Powerful New Weapons – The number of weapon variations has been greatly increased providing new ways to keep enemies at bay.
- Fear Light as much as Shadow – Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense as players attempt to survive in both harsh sunlight and extreme darkness.