Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Resident Evil 5 Move game play

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2010 6:43:57 PM PDT
Has anyone tried the Move with Resident Evil 5? I want to know how good it plays on it because I was thinking about getting Resident Evil 5 Gold since its on sale for 29 at Best Buy and maybe get the Move for it later when I enough to buy it and the PS Eye.

Posted on Sep 21, 2010 7:12:31 AM PDT
A. Perlia says:
I heard its good but you dont shoot with the trigger. You shoot with the big button in the center of the move. If you like resident evil i am sure its even better with the move.

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 2:35:26 AM PDT
S.B. says:
I'll pick up Move controllers next year because there's nothing great this year for Move games. Seems like Sorcery is the first original Move title that looks great and that's coming out early next year. But when I do get the controllers, I'll probably be able to pick up RE5: Gold Edition for less than $30 if that was on sale for that much at Best Buy now.

Also, now that the Move is out, you can bet your Wiimote that Capcom will re-release Resident Evil 4 for PS3. Capcom has done it for the PS2, Wii (the current definitive version), iPad (with HD, surprisingly), and two other mobile types of devices I haven't heard of. If Capcom did it for those last three devices, there will be RE4 for PS3 with motion control support and an HD update (much like the God of War collection was updated to 720p, I assume).

I suspect we'll see RE4 PS3 Edition by March 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2010 1:31:24 PM PDT
J. Randall says:
We got two move and two navigation controllers for ps3 and RE5 gold edition today. My thoughts on its gameplay are mixed. It it easier to fire and aim with move controller? Absolutely. Is it easier to navigate or simply move your character through zombie after zombie? Hells to the no. First of all the fire trigger location on the controller is INSANE. The fact that some genius came up with such a great idea as basically a light saber controller but then put all the buttons in the wrong place is just stupid. They got 30 days to make it so I can customize my controller. If they do that, I'll say it's the best invention since the phone or the automobile. Yes it has that kinda potential. If not it's going back.

You can adjust the aiming sensitivity to just right. Its easy to head shot, groin shot, whatever you wanna do. But both trigger buttons are on the same control so literrally if your moving and you want to shoot, you have to take your hand off one controller and push the buttons on the other. And I'm right handed, I can only imagine how hard it would be if you were left handed!

To make it worse I bought the Precision Shot. This gun attachment works great for the move controller but wait... you can use the shoot button unless you put down the other controller. Why? Because you have to push two buttons (one on top and other on the bottom) to get off a shot. Plus aim with the same hand, THEY'RE NUTS. But if they allow customization (which means switch L2 on navigation controller with Trigger button on top of move controller, then well, its all good. So I guess it's time to complain till they get it right. I'm hoping it's just too early and they didn't fix this just yet but they will. Until then I'm holding on to my receipt.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2010 3:03:42 PM PDT
Vylsith says:
You realize they messed around with FPS for about 5 years until they got it right on the controller right? They messed around with FPS on the mouse/keyboard for about 2 years until they finally figured out the mouse/keyboard mix with full sight on the mouse and movement on the keyboard. This isn't a new concept. If you buy the move or Kinect or Wii or ANY NEW CONTROLLLER early on you're going to cripple yourself. That doesn't mean all games will be crippled, for instance RE5 in Japan with Move is probably VERY playable, we are used to a VERY different control scheme here (just talk to anyone who has played JRPGs on the PS1/PS2/PS3 and you'll know the reality of the situation). Japan and America do NOT use the same control buttons. That being said, it doesn't take more than a week or two to get used to the new control scheme. You'll be fine, stop worrying about it. In a week or two you'll be playing RE5 like a pro, if you have the reflexes to do it in the first place. If not, you shouldn't be playing it anyways.

/end rant
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Playstation Move Motion Controller
Playstation Move Motion Controller by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars (825)