Residential Design Using Revit Architecture 2010 is designed for the architectural student new to Revit Architecture 2010. This text takes a project based approach to learning Revit Architecture in which the student develops a single family residence all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover. Each book comes with a DVD containing numerous video presentations of the written material.
This book starts with a optional basic introduction to hand sketching techniques and concepts intended to increase your ability to sketch design ideas by hand and to think three-dimensionally. The lessons then begin with an introduction to Revit Architecture 2010. The first four chapters are intended to get the reader familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools.
Throughout the rest of the book a residential building is created and the many tools and features of Revit Architecture 2010 are covered in greater detail. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, floor plans, renderings, construction sets, etc.
The videos contained on the included DVD make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Revit Architecture straightforward and simple. Throughout the book the reader is presented with icons indicating that a video file is available on the DVD for viewing. Each video is a short presentation on that particular subject.
Table of Contents
Introduction - Sketching Exercises
1. Getting Started with Revit Architecture 2010
2. Lake Cabin: Floor Plan (The Basics)
3. Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
4. Drawing 2D Architectural Objects
5. Residence: Floor Plan (First Floor)
6. Residence: Floor Plans (Second Floor & Basement Plans)
7. Residence: Roof
8. Residence: Floor systems & Reflected Ceiling Plans
9. Residence: Elevations
10. Residence: Sections
11. Residence: Floor Plan Features
12. Residence: Schedules
13. Residence: Photo-Realistic Rendering
14. Residence: Construction Document Set
Appendix A - Engineering Graphics