|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10.6 x 5.6 x 1.2 inches|
|Item model number||1684S|
|Size||Short Cuff (10.5")|
|Color||White & Green|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
G & F 1684 Heat Resistant Fireplace and Barbecue Pit Mitt, oven gloves, short cuff(10.5")(1 piece)
|Price:||$11.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.11 (21%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Flexible glove structure provides tremendous protection for hand and wrist, excellent for kitchen; BBQ; around kitchen hot resistance; yard and picnic
- 100-Percent Cotton liner for more comfort and perspiration free
- very soft and pliable for an easy grasp
- Silicon on both side provide super grip and non-slip
- Ideal Gift and must have kitchen Accessories
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
G & F Heat Resistant Oven Gloves
Silicone Block on both sides of glove
Withstand Heat up to 480 Fahrenheit
G & F HeatRESIST Five Finger Design
offers Finger Flexibility and Grip for, Oven, Fireplace and Barbecue Pit Mitt, Heat Protection against hot objects
G & F Exclusive Heat Resistant Fibre belnd Technology
includes 100% Aramid, used by race car drivers, astronauts, fire fighters.
Top Customer Reviews
The Pros of this product are numerous.
1. As long as you are wearing long sleeves, the comparatively short gloves are completely sufficient at protecting your wrist and forearm.
2. Durable in high heat
3. Comfortable inside lining
4. Rather stylish
The Cons are.
1. When gripping metal at around 800 degrees Fahrenheit (roughly 400 C) These gloves start to melt a little bit and are not sufficient at keeping out the heat.
2. It is hard to clean the inside lining. Especially if you are grilling with raw meat and a rub. So wash your hands first. I know this is a bit of a hassle but you don't want to tear your inside lining, which can happen when you clean it.
The cons are only applicable in certain circumstances which is why I would recommend this product. It is going to rock the gloves off your basic oven mitten :-)
I was looking for something to use with my propane grill that would allow me to remove various cooking utensils (mostly skewers and my fish-grilling basket) from the grilltop with more dexterity than the usual oven mitt. The gloves I received were handsome looking and very comfortable, but were nearly useless In terms of heat resistance. If I gripped a hot skewer for the 5-10 seconds required to remove meat or vegetables from it, my hand became very uncomfortable and I had to shift the skewer from one hand to the other. After just three uses, the fingertips of both gloves partially melted, showing the imprints of the round skewer heads on them. I have cotton oven mitts that are more heat resistant than these gloves, which was a shame because the gloves were very reasonably priced and seemed nicely constructed. Based on my experience, I could not recommend the gloves I received for use with a barbecue grill.
Older and newer reviews of this same product have been favorable. My guess is that that product has been changed numerous times over the years, resulting in widely varying quality.
If you have BIG hands do not buy this product, one size does not fit all. I could not get my hands in this mit, I tried cutting the tips off the fingers and I still could not get my hand in much less close my fist. They should have small, Med, large and extra large. I hope this is helpful, I wish someone mentioned this.
1. These gloves are long (see photo #1). They cover enough of my hand that I can stick my hands in the oven to pull out a pie sitting in the middle of the oven without worrying that I will burn my arms on the sides of the oven. I used the gloves to move a pie dish in and out of 450 degree oven and felt no heat at all. Much better than my old gloves.
2. I love having gloves rather than mittens. For example, I was able to cover the edges of the pie with foil in the middle of the pie baking while using these gloves. Before I was always uncomfortable from the heat and fear of touching the pan itself. Since I did not have to be super careful the procedure to cover to edges took half of the time it took me before I had these gloves.
3. The threads (the light part) used to weave the glove are made out of Nomex & Kevlar, so the entire glove is made out of this material, it is not a coating. The green parts of the gloves are silicone to provide a non-slippery surface. These gloves have multi-layer construction.
I DID NOT LIKE:
1. I think it they came in various sizes rather than one size it would be better.
I have fairly small hands, I normally wear small gloves. Photo #1 shows my hand on top of the glove so you can see the fit. It fits fairly comfortable in width (both fingers and the palm of my hand), however the fingers are quite a fir longer than my fingers. Photo #2 shows me pressing my fingered hand against a surface so you can see the extra material.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not good for heat protection, i can't imagine it's good for fire protectionPublished 15 hours ago by koolkat
Feels of decent quality and comfortable. Love the longer wrist area, works perfect when roasting coffee.Published 3 days ago by Delightful Source
The gloves run very large and are unusable even for my husband.Published 5 days ago by Carol L. Jones
Great fit; well-constructed; effective for use with fireplace and BBQ. Satisfied customer.Published 12 days ago by Paul Masschelin
Works just like the oveglove but it's a little big. Just makes it kind of hard to maneuver your fingers the way you need to but it definitely doesn't get too hot!Published 14 days ago by Amazon Customer