5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Thin Frame with Crisp Pictures and Videos
Published on February 6, 2012 by Happy Camper

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Viewing Angle
The picture quality is good, but it has a very narrow viewing angle. This is a deal-breaker for me since the purpose for having a digital picture frame is so that all viewers can see the pictures clearly and it's not always convenient to have the picture frame sitting in direct view. Otherwise, it seems like a good picture viewer.
Published on February 25, 2012 by billflag

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Thin Frame with Crisp Pictures and Videos, February 6, 2012
This review is from: High Resolution 14 inch Digital Photo Frame w/512MB Built-in Memory and Remote (1366 x 768) ADMPF114F (Electronics)
I'm really enjoying my new frame which is super easy to use. The pictures are so crisp and vibrant. I like the intuitive remote control that allows me to switch between videos, pictures or MP3 music. There is a one button slideshow feature that is convenient to play your photo's and music. This frame comes with 512MB memory which will hold nearly 1,000 pictures (depending on the size) as well as alot of music. I purchased a Cannon SLR camera (Which I love) and its a snap to insert the SD card to start the slideshows. The speaker quality is decent. It's not going to wow you but gives a nice experience when watching slideshows of the family with your favorite background music. I think at $129 dollars this was an excellent value for a larger frame. I have a nice 8" frame but there is really no comparison. You can actually see all the little details which really makes a big difference.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Viewing Angle, February 25, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars great frame!, February 6, 2012
I bought this frame for my personal use and fell in love with it. The picture quality, crisp resolution and user-friendliness is what attracted me the most. Now I have tons of my family pictures continuously playing with background music in my living room. It's a product definitely worth buying!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad UI and extremely buggy software - do not buy this junk!, March 30, 2014
DanD VA (Delaplane, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Product deserves zero stars or less, too bad one is the minimum.

The software on this frame couldn't be any worse. 'Un-intuitive' doesn't even begin to describe it, 'illogical and annoying' is close, but it's even worse than that. I bought this for my Mom for her 75th birthday. Figured my sister and I could load it up with photos, Mom wouldn't have to do anything other than turn it on and let it play. I initially didn't mind fighting with the garbage UI because I figured I'd only have to do it once. As long as it ran OK once loaded I'd live with it.

Then I started to run into the bugs. While configuring and copying photos the software would lock up - very frequently - and require a reboot to get control back. Or in slide show mode it would get stuck showing photos and not respond to any key-presses on the remote or on the frame itself. To regain control - yep - reboot it. I initially loaded photos into the memory of the frame (something you can ONLY do using the remote control, BTW, not the buttons on the frame), then decided I wanted to run everything from an external card instead. So I began to delete photos.

More bugs! You can select lots of photos (like hundreds at once), but if you select too many (more than 4 or 5), 'delete' does nothing. It gives you a 'finished' message but the photos are still there. I had to delete several hundred photos four at a time. And every few deletes I had to reboot the frame, because it would stop deleting photos. When I got down to the last picture, I couldn't delete it. It simply wouldn't go away. After trying everything I could think of, including loading other photos on and then trying to delete that one, and rebooting several times, I was able to clear all of the photos out of the internal memory.

Finally, I figure I'm making progress. I plug in the memory stick, configure to play photos on power-up, and fire it up for a test run. All is good for about 10min, then when switching pictures it locked up. Reboot, test a few more times, same thing. And it always freezes on different photos, so it isn't a corrupt file. Sometimes it will run for more than an hour, and cycle through all of the pictures before hanging but it will always hang if you let it run a while.

Looking at the manufacturer's web site there appears to be no way to update the firmware on the frame, so it's hopeless. I have initiated the Amazon return process. As a replacement I have ordered a NIX 12" frame. Reading the comments it obviously has its own annoyances, but they seem well documented and not fatal. And the NIX manufacturer tech support has helpfully responded to all of the negative reviews with offers of replacement units or links to tips and tutorials. NIX actually seems to care. We will see.

Nothing annoys me more than products that just don't work. Not as in 'broken', but as in don't work. Bad design, bad execution, and no way the manufacturer can be unaware that they are producing total crap. It is simply a greedy attempt to make money off of people who are too ignorant or lazy to return the product to the vendor.

If I ever meet the person at Aluratek who signed off on this frame as complete and ready to ship I will personally pull out their fingernails. Or perhaps even more painful - I will make them spend four hours using their product, as I did. Don't make the same mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet!, August 18, 2013
I have owned several digital picture frames. This one is by far the best
The screen is the brightest yet. The controls are simple to work and the
feature to play music in the background is fantastic.
Happy that I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo Quality, April 5, 2012
This was a gift for the Grandmother of the bride (91). Instead of paying the formal photographer several hundred dollars for an album that eventually ends up on the shelf, we purchased this digital frame. We put one hundred or so wedding photos on a card. The timer starts the slide show in the morning, and shuts it off at night. She needs to do nothing. We set a longer the photo duration. She has commented that every time she glances at the frame, a different wedding memory has appeared.

The resolution is very good. It is bright from edge to edge. And the frame itself is attractive. It feels solid, and the stand positions the frame for a good viewing angle.

4.0 out of 5 stars High Resolution Aluratek, 14" Digital Photo Frame, October 22, 2012
I have rated it 4 because the displayed pictures look good. The negative features are that if you insert an USB key it sticks out below the confines of frame holder so the frame is no longer level. I got around it by placing the frame on a plastic stand. The controls on the back of the 8" are preferable to the ones on the 14".

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Frame, January 20, 2013
Great value for the price. Display has a narrow viewing angle. Fades out when viewed from above or sides. Can't view photographs and video together in a continuous loop. Must choose one mode or the other

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Display and good price, July 18, 2013
I though it is good price with big size
Slide show of photos is good and can playing moving file
I'm no problem

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't view from most angles, April 18, 2013
To see the photos clearly you need to view them almost straight on. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. This is one item that needs to be seen in the stores so that you can see what the picture is like. Even at eye level on the wall you notice a good photo only 10% of the time. Would only place this digital photo frame at the end of a hallway and at eye level for best viewing.