5.0 out of 5 stars resonates healing, February 27, 2012
This review is from: Resonance: Nine Practices for Harmonious Health and Vitality (Hardcover)
Resonance is a well written, incredibly helpful book for healers and anyone needing healing. As someone who is both, I've read countless books on complementary healing and allopathic medicine and Joyce's book surpasses most with her clarity, insight, knowledge, experience, and practical applications. Resonance possesses something special; unlike many books in this genre, Resonance truly emphasizes the process of healing.

A few of excerpts that I found particularly beneficial include:
"Out of the 100 trillion cells, how many do you suppose might be sick during an illness? The fact is, a small fraction of you is caught up in the illness, while the majority of your cells carry on the full function of life. To focus on health rather than disease can support your successful use of medical treatment along with practices that help you return to balance and harmony."

"...the most basic aspect of the work of healing [is] compassion, not intellectual protocols."

"With diseases more complex than the flu, we often don't have a clear sense of cause, nor do our doctors. I've found at such times that the best approach is to let go of 'cause' and face up to 'what is.' In this way, we can concentrate all of our energies on returning to health."

Resonance, like Joyce's first book Cell-Level Healing, is a joy to read and provides accessible tools for true healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!, March 9, 2012
I found Dr. Hawkes "Resonance" inspiring! The "nine practices" are wonderfully effective ideas to apply in personal practice. I have found them helpful and deeply supportive of health and spiritual growth. The personal experiences the author also includes are intriguing and add new perspectives to explore. I would recommend this book to my friends, family, and clients, it is an exceptional read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resonance offers the key to deeper, vaster perceptions of life, May 26, 2014
Resonance shares nine practices to assist one to tune into the deeper self, the core being, and thus enable one to awaken to the essence of life: -

1. Appreciation and awareness
6. Compassion and clarity
7. Attention and focus
8. Sensitivity and joy
9. Resonance and transformation

Within each chapter Joyce shares some of her own personal experiences, alongside `Tune in to Resonance' and `The Practice'. I felt instant recognition for the Tune in to Resonance guidance, as this is a journey I have walked all of my life. I recall as a child, knowing the key was to be still and feel the resonance for any circumstance and situation. This has been a lifelong journey, and one that is at the core of who I am, and my own ability to navigate life with joy and bliss. It is truly wonderful that Joyce has organised these wonderfully lucid perceptions into a series of practices that will allow the person who has not experienced such as yet, to step through this process in far less time. I recall needing to be still, often alone, not allowing or liking disturbance by others when I was tuning into resonance. What a gift `Resonance' book truly is, I only wish it had been available for me to read as a child.

I believe so many people can benefit from the `Sensitivity and Joy" practice. So many people do not know how to manage sensitivity with great ease. I always knew in my heart that every negative has an equal positive, and that there must be some hidden strength behind my sensitivity, and certainly this is what unfolded for me. I include an excerpt for your deeper understanding of what this wonderful book offers: -

Decision making for sensitive people

How do we know what is real and how to evaluate what seems overwhelming? Maybe we have made choices that did not turn out well, or were disastrous and led us to live fearfully. Others just do not understand how inundated a sensitive person can become when they see or otherwise experience so much phenomena than anyone around them. The coping mechanism of avoidance can lead to isolation, and that becomes unhealthy in so many ways. For me, discernment became an antidote to isolation, and a tool for survival. Through it, in fact, I found joy in having a sensitive nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this book for a couple of reasons, January 4, 2015
I like this book for a couple of reasons. First the author is PhD in biology and cell research so her perspective is based on science more than it is based on religion or mysticism. I also like the fact that she had an out of body experience and used that experience to abandon a very secure career to take up energy healing. She traveled to the far East and spent time with traditional healers to deepen her natural ability. All of the recommendations are based on biological science but also on the notion of a person that is both physical being as well as a spiritual being. As I read the practices it encourages me to continue to develop my ability to meditate and to be open to changes that keep coming. If you decide to read this one, be prepared for a clearer insight about who you are in a deep sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resonance by Joyce Whiteley Hawkes, June 5, 2012
Resonance (by Joyce Whiteley Hawkes) awakens one to the richness and blessings of each new day. The book is beautifully written and takes the reader on a journey of discovery of multifaceted dimensions of the human experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Resonates, November 12, 2012
Always wanted to take one of her classes but never had the opportunity, the book gave me some insight I was looking for!

Resonance: Nine Practices for Harmonious Health and Vitality
Resonance: Nine Practices for Harmonious Health and Vitality by Joyce Whiteley Hawkes (Hardcover - January 1, 2012)
$24.95 $18.71
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.