Resonator doesn't fully expand Hi, the resonator on my Kinivo portable speaker doesn't fully expand like in the product's instruction pictures or on what I've seen in customer video reviews. From what I learned is that you just turn the top cap slightly and the resonator fully expands by itself. Is there something I didn't do? Or does my product have a defect? Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.
asked by Biker2012 on October 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Also, I've never bought a Big Mac that looked quite like the picture on the menu. It could be that it is pictured that way to make it more obvious that it pops up. And who knows, maybe people have been pulling on theirs to stretch them out like in the picture when it's not necessary.
Magic answered on December 31, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't have an answer, but I just purchased one and noticed the same thing. The resonator on mine only appears to extend about half the height pictured, but seems to sound fine.
Carnac Oracle answered on December 29, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
same here, not expanding all the way. why????
markusj2667 answered on December 29, 2012

A
I've bought two and both of them seem to fall short of the extension shown in the picture. I think over time and use it will stretch out and become acclimated to being open. Who knows how long they've been packaged up in the closed position. Nonetheless, both mine sound great and I don't have a problem with them not being as tall as the one in the picture. I might actually prefer it a little shorter.
Magic answered on December 31, 2012

A
Interesting- I just discovered the same thing on mine. The product photo appears to show 4.5 little fins exposed, and mine exposes barely 3.0, raising to a height of barely 0.4 inches. I had to pull on it little bit to even get it to that height, but I don't want to break the little thing. It does sound OK, and perhaps leaving it open for several days may allow it to open further. I think quality standards on products like these are pretty low, given the slave labor likely producing it...
E. M. Lisansky answered on February 19, 2013

A
I've actually noted a direct correlation between the expanding of the resonator and the temperature. In the fall and winter, when its been sitting in my cold car overnight, in the morning when I get in my car the resonator barely expands at all. But in the spring and summer it expands more depending on how how it has gotten in my car.
allenmf answered on December 10, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›