Published on January 31, 2012 by J. Chambers

1.0 out of 5 stars Plagiarized Content
The content in this app has been stolen from Exercise 4 Weight Loss website. I know as I am the owner and creator of this site. While the app may be good and useful, it is not this person's content to sell. It's not right to steal someone's hard work and claim it for your own to make a profit.

I have reported this to Amazon and Android (Google) to let them know...
Published on April 15, 2012 by exercise4weightloss

5.0 out of 5 stars A first-rate tool for anyone watching their weight, especially diabetics, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Restaurant Nutrition, Calories, and Carbs for Weight Loss to Lose Weight by ellisapps (App)
My wife and I have had great success in Weight Watchers. We're no longer members, but we still use the WW principles and guidelines to control our weight. (We don't count points, since we were on the Core Plan.) A few months ago, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and my wife is pre-diabetic, so we have more incentive than ever to control our weight, but now the emphasis is on limiting carbohydrates.

I took a look at the restaurant guides available in the Amazon app store, and "Restaurant Weight Watchers" is the one I chose to purchase for my Kindle Fire. It has exactly the information we need to make some informed choices about where we eat out and what to order. The database of more than 200 chain restaurants includes just about all of the places where we eat, plus many chains that aren't in our area (Atlanta), but would be useful when we travel.

The app looks great, and it includes complete menus, with amounts shown for WW points, calories, fat, fiber, protein, and carbs. Most of the listings also include sodium, although this was missing from a few restaurants, such as Captain D's (note: the Captain D's website did include sodium). This kind of information can be found on most restaurant chains' websites, but it's really convenient to have the information in one place, especially if you're out and about and choose a restaurant on impulse.

The nutritional information listed by the app isn't as complete as that typically shown on restaurant websites, since it doesn't show a breakdown of types of fats, and how much of the carbohydrate calories are from sugars, but it's complete enough to give weight watchers and diabetics the basic information they need.

There is a "lite" version of Restaurant Weight Watchers, but it's only a demo with three restaurants listed. If you would like to check out the restaurants where you eat, try the Test Drive, which appears to include the entire database.

Overall, a very useful app for anyone watching their weight, and especially helpful for diabetics. I give it five stars, subject to the developer updating the app periodically to keep up with current restaurant menus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plagiarized Content, April 15, 2012

I have reported this to Amazon and Android (Google) to let them know about the plagiarism. Hopefully they can take care of this issue soon and remove this from the store. Sorry to all those who have already purchased it. But watch for the real app coming soon from Exercise 4 Weight Loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quick reference, January 6, 2012
pretty good cheat sheet hopefully they will continue to expand on it with updates to cover more restarants and menu items

3.0 out of 5 stars sneaky, March 4, 2012
Did not like the sneaky way they attempt to get you to purchase their app. They advertise it as a free download. Then inform you that this version will only give you access to 3 restaurants and if you want the entire list it will cost 3.99. Very deceptive in my opinion. Just out right sell the app. I gave it 3stars because it does have a large data list of restaurants. I was just turned off by their way of selling the app.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 21, 2013
I bought the lite version and liked it enough to pay for the full app. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the app works well on it. Has an amazing number of restaurants from which to choose, and a very thorough menu list. Tables are big and easy to read. Minus one star for lack of sorting options...would be great to select a restaurant and sort their menu by point values ("I have 12 points left to use today...what can I eat?")

Here's a sampling of some of the restaurants in the app:

Applebees
McDonalds
Outback
Olive Garden
Wendy's

...and many more...you get the idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, October 22, 2012
This app has given me the freedom to enjoy some of my favorite foods while maintaing accountability. It has been an indispensable tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the easy use of this program., October 7, 2013
I would give it 5 stars if it had more restaurants. I still like the program and find it very helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars More restaurants please!, October 4, 2013
Rachel L Stegmeier (HUTCHINSON, MN, US) - See all my reviews
I really like this app. I only wish the had more restaurants for my area. I live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and there are a ton of restaurants out here that are not on this app. All the major ones are though! Really, I use this app quite frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for someone trying to watch their intake!!, May 25, 2013
I love how it has all basic restaurants like zaxbys, applebees, and chillies. This app was not free but well worth my $2!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful!, May 1, 2013
We went on vacation and this app was a great help to keep me on track. At home, I can be good at local restaurants.