From the Publisher
For people looking to plan, design and build a restaurant, this useful reference will provide step-by-step explanations throughout the entire process. For restaurant projects of any size or scale, learn the basics of preparing the business plan, choosing and managing the development team, design, and construction. Explains the critical components of planning, designing, and building, step by step. Presents practical, detailed information in an easy-to-use format. Includes guidelines, checklists, and forms that can be applied directly to development projects.
From the Back Cover
A complete blueprint for all types of restaurant development—from concept through construction
Whether you are planning a small neighborhood bistro or an expansive hotel eatery, Restaurant Planning, Design, and Construction provides you with the specific information and in-depth guidance you need to navigate the restaurant development process effectively. With easy-to-use worksheets, checklists, review procedures, and guidelines, this comprehensive manual can help you to avoid the pitfalls of miscommunication, omission, and faulty execution that can mean the difference between your success and failure. Taking you step by step through each phase of the development process, the book shows you how to:
- Assemble and manage your restaurant development team
- Prepare a marketable business plan to use when seeking financial backing
- Approach site evaluation, budgets, scheduling, and more
- Write a detailed operational plan of how the restaurant will function
- Prepare an effective design program to fulfill your operational requirements
- Coordinate key elements of planning and design
- Manage the construction phase, pre-opening activities, and follow-up
No matter what your business background—catering, marketing, management, or finance—this self-contained guide is one resource you will not want to be without.
See all Editorial Reviews