- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Sterling; First Edition edition (December 31, 1989)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 080696670X
- ISBN-13: 978-0806966700
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 7.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (13 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#844,502 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #49 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Tools
- #91 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Hand Tools
- #1389 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Projects
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Restoring, Tuning & Using Classic Woodworking Tools Paperback – December 31, 1989
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The suggestions that he makes for restoring, tuning and using these classic tools, are based on his own user experience and not on something that he has read about.
The illustrations are clear and the photographic plates are suitable to the subject matter.
The only difficulty in appreciating a book like this, is the fact that the black and white images used do not give any appreciation of the beauty of old tools.
This is a book that begs to be revised and re-issued with colour illustrations instead of the B&W that is used.
Anyone who is interested in old wood working tools or classic antiques will benefit from this book.
We can only hope that a colour illustrated edition is around the corner.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice book on hand Tools. I am not speaking fluently English, and you don't accept french commentaires. So that's it.Published 22 months ago by Bricomani57
A GREAT READ FOR THE PERSON GETTING IN TO HAND TOOL WORKJ COMPLEAT AND EASY TO READ. NEEDS TO BE BACK IN PRINTPublished on November 30, 2013 by James C. Gibson
This book has just the right information for my interest in old tools. I am delighted to add it to my library.Published on May 10, 2013 by Raymond K Jones
good and detailed, the major part talk about planes of every kind and type with ideas to evaluate it. Nice bookPublished on March 31, 2013 by Lucio Degani