5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a Way to Teach My Child
My son is four this year and we were trying to find a way to tell him the Easter story and actually help him understand the true meaning of Easter. He listened but he didn't "get" it. There was no look of absolute comprehension.
Published on April 17, 2004 by BookLover

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product
Our older kids aged 3 and 4 really got into the eggs and the eggs helped make the story more real to the kids.

However, the book for the one egg added commentary about how Jesus didn't really mean "this is my blood" when he said those words. Still a good product. You can just leave off that commentary. But I was disappointed to see it.
Published 19 months ago by K. Becker

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a Way to Teach My Child, April 17, 2004
So when we were shopping the day before Easter and Grandma said she was getting these, I got a little excited. Would these work and maybe bring the meaning a little more home?
We sat down and did the eggs and sometimes he seemed more exited to play with them then hear the story I was telling. However, he took the eggs to church Easter morning to show our pastor and sat down and told him what every item meant. Today, it's a week after Easter and he's yet to tire of playing with the eggs and telling their story to everyone he can get to listen.
Including cute little things , such as dice and cloth, the children not only get a visual aid of the story but through that aid, they can remember much of that story for retelling. Any church, Sunday School, or parent with younger children can make use of this useful resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching Kids About Easter in a Fun and Relvant Way!, March 25, 2004
I bought these eggs for my children last year to give them a hands-on way to learn more about the Easter story. Both girls loved them and ask to do them again throughout the year. I was suprised when I told to my younger daughter (now age 4) a few weeks ago that Easter was coming up, that she immediately brought up these eggs. She also remembered much of the story! My 10 year old also enjoys these. Sometimes I find them at the kitchen table, my older one reading the story and the younger one playing with the trinkets from the eggs while listening intently. Amazing! This year I am buying them for friends' kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christ-Centered Easter Product, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Paperback)
My daughters (ages 6 and 9) really enjoy getting these eggs out for evening devotionals every Easter season. We've been using the resurrection eggs for a few years now, and I think they are an excellent way to teach the kiddos about Passion Week. We use the eggs for 12 days leading up to Easter, and generally my wife and I read from the 50-page booklet that is provided along with the assigned Scripture. After the reading, one of my girls opens the egg to see the item that is a major component of the account that we read that evening. We then ask questions and discuss the role of the item in regards to the Scriptures.

I suggest not getting the eggs out until after the reading is completed or you might have children who are excited about colorful eggs and plastic pieces instead of being excited about Jesus. I also recommend deciding beforehand who opens which egg that way you can avoid the possibility of disciplining your children during the devos. That's always lots of fun.

Each egg is a different color and contains the following items inside them: a donkey, coins, praying hands, a piece of leather, a crown, nails, a die, a spear, a piece of linen, and a stone. The carton contains a list of the colors the eggs are and a list of items that belong in each egg. The materials used to make all of this is cheap, but as long as you use the items for what they were intended for, they should last you your entire lifetime. More importantly, they can help provide a lifetime of memories that can make a powerful impact on many young lives.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, March 24, 2013
K. Becker (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for a family to share the Easter Story, April 10, 2007
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Paperback)
We have really enjoyed using the Resurrectoin Eggs to share the Easter story with our children. This new box is more study than the last version and the items in the eggs are helpful in sharing the story. We also use it at our Easter party - passing our all the eggs and then one by one opening each egg and telling the story. We recommened it for your growing family - under 12's will enjoy it most.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the trick, but probably could have made this if I had the gumption, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Paperback)
The sellers sent it quickly; I bought it used at amazon marketplace and it did smell like it came from a home with smokers. It's fading, and we will survive, but that was a bit off putting at first.

That being said, the eggs were in great shape, and each little token or symbol was a great tangible learning tool as we talked to our kids age 5, 3, 18 and 10 mos about Easter. We also used Benjami'ns Box book to help tell the tale and that worked great.

One of our eggs cracked, but all plastic easter eggs do when kids play rough. Won't be hard to replace for next year. Just grateful despite my tardy ordering it got here before Easter.

If you have any desire to save money, you could buy the book Benjamin's Box and make your own eggs. You just have to pick something to put in them. Will def use these again next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!!!!!!!!!, April 8, 2004
By A Customer
This is the best way to teach children the Easter Story. It shows that Easter isn't all about the Easter Bunny or chocolate!

5.0 out of 5 stars A family Easter tradition in the making, February 23, 2007
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Paperback)
Ressurection Eggs is a fantastic teaching tool and a fun family tradition. 12 eggs in a box each contain a part of the Easter story. It's a tactile experience, with ample Scripture reference, and details to aid you in setting the stage for understanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great eggs, terrible book., April 20, 2014
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Hardcover)
The resurrection eggs themselves are great - both in concept and execution. My four-year-old daughter loves them, and it is a wonderful way to teach her the Easter story. Five stars for the egg.

However, the book you use with the eggs is terrible and only deserves one star. First, physical dimensions. The book is about a quarter inch too long to fit in the box with the eggs. This means you'll have to store it separately and possibly lose the book (which might actually b a good thing). More important, the book is filled with false statements, speculation, and sectarian theology. For example: "the Bible tells us that Jesus was stronger than any man." No, it doesn't. In another part, it talks about the God part of Jesus and the human part, contrary to the orthodox view that Jesus was both fully God and fully man. For the last supper, it presents a memorialist view - Jesus didn't really mean it when he said 'this is my blood,' he only meant it as a symbol. This may be fine for some parents , but it is in conflict with what we teach our children.

My advice: buy the eggs, and use them to tell the Easter story to your children, but throw away the book and tell the story yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resurrection Eggs, March 3, 2008
This review is from: Resurrection Eggs (Paperback)
Great way to teach a child the true Easter Story. My 2 1/2 year old loves to tell friends and family about what each item is and seems to be able to understand better when I show her pictures that go along with each item.

Resurrection Eggs
Resurrection Eggs by Familylife (Paperback - Nov. 2006)
Used & New from: $14.49