5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WORKS!
Published on February 27, 2011 by SavvyChic

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE of ingredients!
Published 6 months ago by Jeni

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WORKS!, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Retinol Cream (Vitamin A 100,000 Iu Per Ounce) - 2 Oz (Health and Beauty)
I am an *African American woman, approaching 50+ years old and am NOT willing to look one day of it (lol!!!)-not yet!!!. *Just pointing this out, as I know that all skin-types varies and are not the same. I've always taken very good care of my even-tone, oily skin, however as I approached my 50th birthday something seem to be going downhill with the chemistry, condition and texture of my skin: in complete reverse with dry, blotchy, dark spots under my eyes, large pores, pimples, fine line wrinkles around my eyes, which I've never had before. My once glowy youthful skin and complexion seemed to be taking a turn for the worst. Like many women that just want to look her best always, as I like to go "light" diva-pretty and beautiful, but I don't like excessive make-up - particularly foundation (rather my natural skin-tone). I was in search for many months for a product that worked for me. Like many of you, I spent $100's, $100's, $100's of dollars on finding the best products, but left with many disappointments (peels, serums etc. you name it, I've tried THEM ALL!!!). I begin to do research and found by experts that at my age, I needed to replenish collagen and the oils that were being depleted because of my aging. The products that I once used in my 20's, 30's and 40's were no longer working for me. Just wanted to say, for me the Retinol Cream WORKS! Yes, yes, I agree with previous comments regarding the smell. It can be a bit borderline allergy-provoking and strong, but for me it is worth the results. I must say that I also use St. Ives Timeless Skin Colagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer (sold by Amazon as well) and Palmer's Skin Success Fade Cream. These creams come in a decent supply that can last for months unlike the expensive brands that boast results with far less - I think these companies take huge advangtage of a woman's often "desperation" in this area of beauty, and we allow it! For me, no more! With that said, these three creams are my daily regimen with an exfoliation (loofah) added about once a week - amazing results. Also, I use these creams at night, never in the sun or in the daytime, as I find that it leaves me too oily (as we say "greasy", and sticky). Also, I take lots of vitamin E, C, B complex, drink lots of water and light cardio exercise (like running up and down my stairs or walking my dog). Those of you that are 50 and over, you know why!!! Lastly, for those of you that are tired of being ripped-off, wasting money, and the frustration of false advertisements, try this product. After using the Good N Natural Retinol Cream for over a month, it definitely works almost overnight. You will definitely see a MAJOR difference in the texture and vibrance of your skin within days. I use these moisturizers together or sometimes alone (but definitely with the Retinol and St. Ives combination)and I no longer have to wear foundation or cover-up makeup, only when I'm going out formally - which was my goal. People still cannot believe that I'm 50..."you look about 35" is usually the complements that I receive, especially if I'm with my adult children - "no way, you're 50"...and I'm trying to keep it that way. Call it vanity, but I'm back to *smiling*!!! Good luck, hope this helps!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I will buy this again!, January 7, 2013
This is an excellent cream. It doesn't irritate my skin and it makes my face very smooth and soft. It also helps to fade dark spots.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE of ingredients!, January 9, 2014
These ingredients are extremely harmful to your skin, I can't imagine anyone wanting to put this on their face!: Cetyl Alcohol Dimethicone Fragrance Methylparaben* PARABEN Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Tocopheryl Acetate Disodium EDTA Propylparaben *MORE PARABENS! Yellow 10 *Dyes! Parabens & dyes are linked to allergies, ADHD and cancer! Avoid! If u want a retinol cream that has natural ingredients I use True You Organics Retinol Cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars The ingedients are horrifying, January 28, 2010
Please be aware of what your cosmetics and food made of before using it.

Water, Propylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral
Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Esters, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Myristate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Retinyl
Palmitate (Vitamin A), Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tocopheryl
Acetate (Vitamin E), Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Yellow 10.

Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) is a great ingredient but not when accompanied by Propylen glycol, parabens, Dimethicone, Fragrance and Yellow 10. In the long term it is more detrimental to use such a bouquet of chemicals. When in doubt, we can check chemicals on the [...] website.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, March 2, 2012
i had to edit my review because i dont think i emphasized enough how awesome this product is. i dont care what is in it. my worry lines are already almost gone and its only been 3 weeks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !!!!!!!!!!, September 1, 2012
I have tried other products , & they have not worked for me. I have been using this for 2 weeks & i can see the difference in my face & neck !!!!!! I will buy this product again Y . A. TEXAS

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, January 19, 2012
Prajna V. (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
Retinol is a highly unstable ingredient that quickly loses it's efficacy when exposed to light and air--so ANY retinol product packaged in a jar is a waste of money. It needs to be packaged in an airtight and opaque, vacuum pump container to remain stable and effective. Why cosmetics companies continue to use jar packaging, which is also really unsanitary (our hands are loaded with oils and bacteria!) is beyond me, except that we keep buying them, so why wouldn't they? Also, it should be made clear that retinol should only be used at night, as sunlight destabilizes it and also it makes skin photosensitive so we need a moisturizer with SPF during the day--it's the single most important thing you can do to reduce wrinkles and acne! Don't skip that sunscreen! Lastly, this product is loaded with irritating fragrances and colorants, so since whatever retinol it might have contained is rendered ineffective by the jar packaging, any benefit this product might have had is completely negated by needless irritants.

Really excellent retinol creams can be found by Neutrogena, Olay and Paula's Choice (my personal fave). Check Beautypedia for analysis and professional reviews! It's an amazing resource. Don't just go by customer reviews, as we tend to love anything that smells good and makes our face feel soft. These are not real indicators of quality and efficacy!

We all work hard for our money and yet we throw it away all the time on worthless products like these from cosmetics companies that prey on our desire for beautiful skin. At least this one isn't as expensive as some of the other designer jar-packaged, fragrance & irritant-loaded retinol creams out there, but if you ask me, any product this poorly formulated is a rip-off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reninol Cream(vitamin A 100,000 lu per ounce- 2oz, July 29, 2013
lbeeba (Grove City, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
I was not sure if this item would work when I purchased because the price was so much lower then other products that are the same thing. I have almost finished my first bottle, and I use it before going to sleep and I think it works fine. I am about to order two containers this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price surprisingly effective!, February 4, 2010
For $8.95 I kept my expectations in check. But...after just one use my skin was noticeably firmer, smoother, and softer. I use at night before bed and after washing my face. In the morning I can actually feel a difference. What can I say other than it does what it's advertised to do. Granted I do not have oily or acne prone skin so I cannot speak as to how this cream may affect that condition. I can say that there is a marked improvement in the fine lines in my face and that is all I asked for out of it. As others have noted, it is a bit greasy. Other than that I have no problems and am more than satisfied with the results. Will certainly buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 14, 2009
AIM (Illinois) - See all my reviews
I used perscription retinol for a long time, it's such a rip off. Besides the 40$ you pay at the pharmacy counter, your dermatologist gets you by making you come in for a 100$ visit for a refill. Really, is that necessary? I decided to try this instead of going in for another "visit".

Wow! It's only been four days, but my face is soft, smooth and glowing! I was skeptical because of the palm oil, since I am prone to break outs, but so far so good! And you only need to use a tiny bit. I have also noticed less surface oil. Great stuff. And how about that price??? :)

Rate and Discover Movies