Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Retire Early? Make the SMART Choices
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon February 3, 2006
This is a crisply-written book of useful information that helps people ponder a variety of really important questions about retirement. Some retirement books are unclear, but this one is written with absolute clarity. It is an excellent guide for people carefully stepping toward retirement.
on July 16, 2007
I bought this book hoping to prepare for retirement, and was disapointed. This book is most useful for people who have already planned for retirement and are nearing retirement age, especially baby boomers with traditional retirement plans. The book devotes much time to Social Security and pensions that are mostly gone in today's workforce environment. It is useful if you are close to retiring and wonder how much it will cost you to do so early, but if you are trying to learn how to plan for a retirement and learn how to maximize your portfolio, look elsewhere.
I imagine that for a small group of people this book might be very useful. However, I cannot think of anyone to pass it along to, since even the baby boomers I know would find this information to be too late to help them change their retirement plan. It is probably helpful for understanding Social Security benefits if you are one of the lucky ones who can collect them in the near future. If you are more than 10 years from eligibility, I doubt the same rules will apply, assuming Social Security isn't bankrupted by the boomers first.
on January 5, 2006
This book is an easy read and explains what you need to do to get to your financial retirement goals. The most important thing I took away from this book is that I can't be complacent about planning for my future. I must do the necessary research to make sure that I've done the appropriate planning. There are many more factors that I found out that I need to take into consideration than I had realized. Just contributing to my 401K is not enough. I also need to figure out how much money I need at different ages of prospective retirement and how my family health history might impact my decision of when to retire. All these tihngs are fully explained in the book and more. Perfect for all, no matter what stage of retiring planning you are in.
on December 7, 2007
If you're getting ready to retire and only want to read one book this would make a great choice. It's comprehensive and very good advice. I recently retired at 54. If you're able to do it, my advice is to go ahead and do it. No one died regretting not having worked longer, not having done more e-mail or attended more business meetings. My blood pressure has dropped 20 points and my outlook hasn't been this good in decades.