5.0 out of 5 stars Good Refills
If your a fan of the R51 pens and a purist, nothing beats original refills.... Plain and Simple, they just work flawlessly.
Published 15 months ago by DiNK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough - But Smears
Published 11 months ago by High In The Rockies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Refills, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Retro 1951 Easy Flow 9000 Ballpoint Ink Refill, Black, 3-Pack (REF71-B) (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth writing pen addict!, December 23, 2012
Like the other reviewer - I have a "Disney Pen" - I found this at a popular retail chain that specializes in closeouts of higher end goods, I don't know if I can say the name but I will say it has something to do with a weekday Morning... and I am addicted to pens. Before buying any pen I test how they feel when I write with them and I loooooved it. The Retro 51 Disney Mickey Mouse Ballpoint Pen - MMF-MK14 were less then half the price I found them on Amazon so I grabbed one. I got the slim pen, so before you buy this refill double check to make sure that this works for you. I don't care about brand names, (heck, one of my other go to pens is a store brand pen) but this ink is so smooth it feels slick when you write. It's similar to using a cheap pen on that slippery receipt paper - but it feels like that ALL the time. As soon as I got the pen home I pulled it apart to see what ink it was using and found this refill to be the one. Now I am going to see if I can use it in other pen shells, or modify it to fit. :)

If you're a pen addict that enjoys a smooth ball point - definitely make an excuse to try this one.

Now, hopefully I can hunt down a good deal on these refills.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough - But Smears, December 20, 2013
I switched to this black replacement cartridge (REF71-B) because a reviewer really loved it. I have typically used the black cartridge that came with my pen (REF5P-B), but after a few years thought I would try something different. I am ok with this cartridge, it feels "smooth" when writing, but I will return to the prior when one when these run out, as they seem to smear more than the REF5P-B. In terms of life span, they seem the same. I use them everyday at work for short notes and lots of signatures. I wish they were both water proof, otherwise they are how I like a pen to write: fluid and dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came in good condition...they work, what else can you ask for, July 22, 2013
Nothing too exciting here, it's pen ink refills. They work great (original one was dried out upon receipt.) The first one has lasted a while and I'm glad I have a back-up or two available.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisactory, March 29, 2014
This product is not an official Retro 1951 refill, but a refilled refill cartridge. The ink is substandard (oily, and it smudges) and skips when writing. I will not be ordering this again. I will be using an original source (Fahrney's or Fountain Pen Hospital) ftom here out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, September 26, 2013
The refill is really dodgy. It gets gummed up and does not write evenly. I was hoping this would be better than the rollerball that came with my Retro 51 Tornado. The rollerball and this ink are inferior to a good Papermate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great refill, June 6, 2014
Love these and use them in my Retro 1951 Tornadoe pen. They have been working great, bold dark ink and smooth flow. I plan to use only thes for my replacement cartridges from now on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Fit, December 20, 2013
Unfortunately the design was changed just enough that this product did not work in the pen that I intended it. I was able to use for another pen but it does not retract.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pen refill, at an affordable price!, July 21, 2014
My handwriting leaves a lot to be desired. But this ink refill performs very well. Fortunately, the refill fits two of my pens and, at such an affordable price, I use them often. (Such is not the case with my Mont Blanc rollerball... whose refills seem to cost more each year... causing me to use it only rarely these days, particularly since retiring.)
Delivery was prompt, as well. Consequently, I keep the item in my Wish List for easy ordering!
I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wanted a ballpoint replacement for my very cool Retro 51 gel pen and this fits the bill, July 24, 2014
Drev "bookaholic53" (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I wanted a ballpoint replacement for my very cool Retro 51 gel pen and this fits the bill. didn't seem to fit quite as well as the original gel, but after some gentle persuasion it fit nicely. Cool writing instrument. I have to say that after getting used to not having to press as hard when using the gel refill I wish I had stuck with that. But the ballpoint is very nice also. Live and learn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›