Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tornado Deluxe Rollerball King of Spades
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

94%

on August 7, 2013
One really doesn't have to be a card shark to appreciate the Retro 51 Tornado King -- or Queen, or Ace, the latter of which was recently released. These are really sharp looking pens with retracting roller ball points. The line is EXCELLENT. Even your guys who may not have the nicest handwriting can produce something decent looking with this pen - really! The point is probably what I would call medium-fine. It can produce a fine line, but you can also "sin boldly" (a la Martin Luther) if you so desire. It will produce a heavier line if you choose. Best of all, while this is not super cheap, it won't break the bank, either. Still, these pens can be refilled ( a 3-pack of refills is around seven dollars). Lest you think, "Yeah, right! It'll be lost in 3 days..." like I did: My son has had his Retro 51 King for over a year -- he can't keep track of a regular pen for 10 minutes! Something about having a "GOOD" pen makes it worth tracking, and worth writing a little more, and a little better. It's a GREAT pen!
on June 12, 2014
This pen is a beauty.A true "collector's item".
Reasonably priced for a sophisticated fine writing instrument.
I have not seen another pen that has the same look.
It has just the correct feel in the hand as I write. It glides smoothly over the paper with just enough resistance to provide a pleasurable, tactile, experience.
I have been using the pen for approx. 65 days.
Its image of the King is crisply rendered and covers the length of the pen. The image is intricately detailed -- as if done by a true artist.
The pen is admired by the other players whenever I play bridge, poker, gin, etc. ---- It has become a "lucky talisman" of sorts.
I actually seek out occasions to write things down in order to use this pen.
I would recommend it to even "high-priced" pen aficionados, additionally, I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a satisfying writing experience.
If you are a card player this pen is a "MUST HAVE". Even if one does not play cards this pen will be enjoyed for years.
on November 5, 2013
paradise pens are great. we own quite a few of them. fine quality. bought these for gifts and are well-pleased. this is a unique design with a playing card on it. nice gift for card players, gamblers, magicians, or just as a novelty. everyone can use a nice pen, and this one is certainly eye-catching.
on December 5, 2012
My husband loves rollerball pens and he loves to play poker. So I thought that this would be the perfect gift for him. The rollerball pen came in a wonderful gift box with retro style printing and a neat metal tube. I hardly needed to wrap it as a gift. It is a well milled metal pen with a twist opening top. The balance and weight of the pen is comfortable for writing. He does find it a little shorter than his other pens and needed to adjust for that, but otherwise he finds it to be a good writer with a whimsical theme. It was a great gift and I'm glad I purchased it.
I bought this and all the other card-themed Retro 1951 pens during a sale on Goldspot.com several years ago and have really enjoyed them! They are reasonably priced, write well, are comfortable to hold and have made a big hit at bridge parties and poker night. Highly recommended!
on January 14, 2014
Great looking pen. I bought this as a Christmas Gift for my husband, a card player and Vegas lover and he really likes it. The packaging was also very interesting.
on May 12, 2013
The Retro 51 is a wonderful pen and the classy King of Spades looks great. I am very satisfied with the pen anf the easy flowing ink. I highly recommend.
on May 30, 2014
This smooth-writing rollerball is destined to be a classic in your writing arsenal. Love the capless design. The playing card design is outta sight!
on November 9, 2015
These Retro 51 rollerball pens are the most comfortable, hand-friendly pens available. I've got about a half-dozen and use them all. Good Stuff!
on July 29, 2014
very nice quality and craftsmanship. Great weight of the pen, the ink flows smoothly. Excellent, cannot wait to order more.

See 1 answered question