4.0 out of 5 stars Like It
I would recommend buying this. The controller is a good clone, and after reading the reviews, I deicded to buy it. Comes with a CD with the driver. Instructions on how to install (if you don't install correctly, it won't function).

1) Put CD in CD Drive
2) Allow the setup to run (takes about 1 minute to install)
3) Then Plug in the USB Controller into...
Published 12 months ago by Alex R.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, Joystick is too sensitive and sticks
This controller works great, had no issues with the mac compatibility but the middle joystick is very sensitive and I had a little trouble with it sticking, but hey what do you expect for 13 bucks
Published 13 months ago by Corey Campbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Like It, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Retro-Bit Nintendo 64 Classic USB Enabled Controller (Wired) PC and MAC, Grey - Nintendo 64 (Game Cartridge)

1) Put CD in CD Drive
2) Allow the setup to run (takes about 1 minute to install)
3) Then Plug in the USB Controller into your USB 3.0/2.0 Slot
4) Be sure to map the controller on your game/emulator/device/app/etc

Works well for me. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel Core i5, and 16GB RAM DDR3. I use this with Project64 Emulator, to emulate N64 games.

The reason I give it 4 Stars is because like everyone mentioned before, the control stick feels a little loose (just not as firm as the original). People complained that it broke up, but honestly I think the only way I would break the control stick is if I was abusing the product.

BOTTOM LINE: Does it feel 100% genuine to the original? Yes.....and no..(you'll have to buy it and try it out yourself to see what I mean). Just take good care of it, and it should last you a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, Joystick is too sensitive and sticks, December 10, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad with a small modification, January 16, 2013
I just bought this to try out some n64 emulations and played the old school Golden Eye ROM.

Right away I noticed the issues that previous reviewers mentioned... the Z button is very delayed. Also the joystick isn't quite as smooth as I remembered (this could just be because it's been so long since I've played... hard to do head shots)

The Z button being delayed was very frustrating... so I ended up opening up the entire controller (about 10 screws in the back - reaalllyy easy to disassemble - be careful not to lose pieces) I'm pretty sure this voids the warranty or whatnot.. I did discover that the elasticy button that is between the circuit sensor and the physical button for the Z button is very similar to the buttons for the top flat L and R buttons. L and R were not laggy for me, so I swapped out the L elasticy button with the Z elasticy button (nearly identical except the black knob(?) was smooth on the Z button and bumpy on the L button).

Put it back together and tada! no more lag...No guarantees obviously... and like I said probably will void your warranty, but if are frustrated and don't want to deal with returns/etc, you can try to pop it open. I'm not responsible if this breaks your controller!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just about the best you can get right now., May 19, 2014
This controller, like a lot of the other reviewers have been saying, has a touchy and slightly jerky analog stick. Works ok for most games though, and you can get used to it pretty quick. When you have to aim using it it can be a pain, but all the buttons work well and it feels pretty close to the original N64 controller other than the stick. From what I understand with basic soldering skills you can replace the stick with one that is more accurate and I may do that later on. It would be nice if there was one for sale that was already equipped with an accurate stick; I'm sure many of us would pay twice the price of this controller for it, but for now this is all we have to work with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, March 24, 2014
- Reasonable Price
- All functions work
- Easy installation
- Long USB cord

I bought four for my PC and all are in good shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars great controller, March 31, 2014
A full on working controller. I play it almost everyday and the controller hasnt had any problems. joystick holds up

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic replica, bad trigger, March 3, 2014
I'd like to start off by saying that you should definitely buy this if you're looking to use it with Project64 or any other emulator. It works well for all of the games except the fishing minigame on Mario Party 1. Sometimes the trigger has a hard time distinguishing how far up or down you push it. Some games I've played include Mario Party, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon Stadium 1+2, and F-Zero. The grey plastic of the trigger will fall off after too much use and you'll be left with the small metal rod that is under it, but you can easily put it back on. That being said, if you use it for travel, it may fall off in your backpack and you can easily lose it. Luckily, I found the piece in the bottom of my backpack. From now on, I'm going to put the controller in a large ziplock bag when I travel before putting it in my backpack.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's close., January 16, 2014
It's funny how this controller seem so much like the originals. It feels like I remember a N64 controller feeling...minus the rumble pack. They even have the slot to put peripherals into complete with release mechanism. But alas, that part is only for show. There is no connection port inside. You have to install drivers for it to be used on Windows. It seems to work with android os, but only on some devices. The stick is not calibrated very well. But what do you expect at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great USB N64 controller for your Computer. Fix joystick with Super Glue and it's perfect., November 20, 2014
This was exactly what I needed to play all my favorite N64 games on my computer with the real N64 feel. I previously used a playstation controller, but it proved difficult to use in games like the 2 Legend of Zelda games. This controller is a tad lighter than the original N64 controllers, but that's not a big deal. It works like a charm.

I was able to plug it into my Windows 7 laptop and it automatically installed the drivers. If you're using something like Project64, you shouldn't have a problem using it on a computer from 2011 and on. I did try using it on a slightly older Windows 7 laptop and had to use the MotionJoy driver (which is used for PS3 controllers) in order to get it to work. So it might depend on your computer on how easy it is to set up and use.

The only flaw I found with the controller is that the joystick is not secure. My first time playing a game where you really have to slam the joystick, like Super Smash Bros, and it came right off. It basically just slips on to this thin needle, so you can easily slip it back on, but it will come off again. Fixed this with a tad of super glue and I have never had the problem again. If you use superglue, this actually turns out to be a better joystick than the original controllers, because it won't wear down like the old ones used to.

***Pros :)
-Just what you need for N64 games played on your computer
-Easy setup. Use MotionJoy if the drivers don't automatically install.
-All the buttons work as they should. The feel is comprable to the old controllers.

***Cons :(
-Joystick is not secure. It needs a tiny bit of super glue to prevent it from slipping off.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... you break in the buttons a little they are fine but the joystick is just plain unbearable with every ..., December 3, 2014
once you break in the buttons a little they are fine but the joystick is just plain unbearable with every game I have tried it with thus far. Don't waste your money, just buy a real 64 controller and get the USB adapter for it.