Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 24, 2014
I would recommend buying this. The controller is a good clone, and after reading the reviews, I deicded to buy it. Comes with a CD with the driver. Instructions on how to install (if you don't install correctly, it won't function).

1) Put CD in CD Drive
2) Allow the setup to run (takes about 1 minute to install)
3) Then Plug in the USB Controller into your USB 3.0/2.0 Slot
4) Be sure to map the controller on your game/emulator/device/app/etc

Works well for me. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel Core i5, and 16GB RAM DDR3. I use this with Project64 Emulator, to emulate N64 games.

The reason I give it 4 Stars is because like everyone mentioned before, the control stick feels a little loose (just not as firm as the original). People complained that it broke up, but honestly I think the only way I would break the control stick is if I was abusing the product.

BOTTOM LINE: Does it feel 100% genuine to the original? Yes.....and no..(you'll have to buy it and try it out yourself to see what I mean). Just take good care of it, and it should last you a while.
on May 19, 2014
This controller, like a lot of the other reviewers have been saying, has a touchy and slightly jerky analog stick. Works ok for most games though, and you can get used to it pretty quick. When you have to aim using it it can be a pain, but all the buttons work well and it feels pretty close to the original N64 controller other than the stick. From what I understand with basic soldering skills you can replace the stick with one that is more accurate and I may do that later on. It would be nice if there was one for sale that was already equipped with an accurate stick; I'm sure many of us would pay twice the price of this controller for it, but for now this is all we have to work with.
on January 16, 2013
I just bought this to try out some n64 emulations and played the old school Golden Eye ROM.

Right away I noticed the issues that previous reviewers mentioned... the Z button is very delayed. Also the joystick isn't quite as smooth as I remembered (this could just be because it's been so long since I've played... hard to do head shots)

The Z button being delayed was very frustrating... so I ended up opening up the entire controller (about 10 screws in the back - reaalllyy easy to disassemble - be careful not to lose pieces) I'm pretty sure this voids the warranty or whatnot.. I did discover that the elasticy button that is between the circuit sensor and the physical button for the Z button is very similar to the buttons for the top flat L and R buttons. L and R were not laggy for me, so I swapped out the L elasticy button with the Z elasticy button (nearly identical except the black knob(?) was smooth on the Z button and bumpy on the L button).

Put it back together and tada! no more lag...No guarantees obviously... and like I said probably will void your warranty, but if are frustrated and don't want to deal with returns/etc, you can try to pop it open. I'm not responsible if this breaks your controller!
on April 9, 2015
My nearly 20-year-old N64 is starting to die, and I may not have any other alternative than to use emulators going forward (which is perfectly legal where I live provided I own the cartridges and system, which I do.) As a result, I decided to order this USB-enabled controller so I can continue playing my titles on my PC. Here's the good and the bad:

Pros: The response on the controller is delightful and I've had no problems with the analog stick. Some applications may need to have the "deadzone" adjusted in order for the analog stick to work properly, but the stick itself is functional (I was playing a game and the response felt loose; once I increased the "deadzone" in the emulator from 0% to 25%, the controller responded as well as a genuine N64 controller did.) Works well for SNES games, too (I usually program the C buttons to act as the four face buttons on the SNES controller.) Also, the controller is super affordable and can be had for pretty cheap.

Cons: Because this is a USB device and not a true controller, it's far more delicate than the old controllers. When I was a kid, I would throw my original controller clear across the room when a game upset me and I was still able to plug it back in and keep going. By contrast, my first one of these controllers required a replacement after taking an innocent bump off a desk (roughly 2.5 feet high) and onto a carpeted surface. Still a repeat buyer, but FYI.
on November 20, 2014
This was exactly what I needed to play all my favorite N64 games on my computer with the real N64 feel. I previously used a playstation controller, but it proved difficult to use in games like the 2 Legend of Zelda games. This controller is a tad lighter than the original N64 controllers, but that's not a big deal. It works like a charm.

I was able to plug it into my Windows 7 laptop and it automatically installed the drivers. If you're using something like Project64, you shouldn't have a problem using it on a computer from 2011 and on. I did try using it on a slightly older Windows 7 laptop and had to use the MotionJoy driver (which is used for PS3 controllers) in order to get it to work. So it might depend on your computer on how easy it is to set up and use.

The only flaw I found with the controller is that the joystick is not secure. My first time playing a game where you really have to slam the joystick, like Super Smash Bros, and it came right off. It basically just slips on to this thin needle, so you can easily slip it back on, but it will come off again. Fixed this with a tad of super glue and I have never had the problem again. If you use superglue, this actually turns out to be a better joystick than the original controllers, because it won't wear down like the old ones used to.

***Pros :)
-Just what you need for N64 games played on your computer
-Easy setup. Use MotionJoy if the drivers don't automatically install.
-All the buttons work as they should. The feel is comprable to the old controllers.

***Cons :(
-Joystick is not secure. It needs a tiny bit of super glue to prevent it from slipping off.
on January 16, 2014
It's funny how this controller seem so much like the originals. It feels like I remember a N64 controller feeling...minus the rumble pack. They even have the slot to put peripherals into complete with release mechanism. But alas, that part is only for show. There is no connection port inside. You have to install drivers for it to be used on Windows. It seems to work with android os, but only on some devices. The stick is not calibrated very well. But what do you expect at this price.
on September 14, 2014
Bought this for Nintendo emulated games on the computer. Installed and works perfectly. Easy to install, no glitches. Is the same quality as the original 64 controller, looks and works exactly the same. Good long cord. Now I'm back with Wave Race, Turok and Mario Cart. Yippppeeee.
on July 21, 2015
Any other reviewer who doesn't give this 5 stars either never played original N64 or doesn't understand the reference point of "replica USB controller". The original controllers cost more than twice as much in 1996 dollars, and although they may have had slightly better button feel and joystick play, the differential is really not worth the additional cost unless you are the most hardcore gamer ever.

And to those hardcore gamers: Stop it. You don't need to buy original controllers just to destroy them with Mario Party or spamming people with Fox's blaster in Smash. Just buy these replacements, destroy them with your shenanigans and be done with it.

These controllers do have a lighter feel than the originals, and I confirmed that as some others pointed out, the expansion ports don't work. Sadly no rumble pak play with these puppies. But it's OK. For $60 I now have 4 controllers on my combo MAME and N64 cabinet, and I don't have to deal with opening up some cabinet to access my N64 console, or use crappy Player 2 MadCatz knock off controllers.
on August 31, 2015
A decent clone. No problems with it so far, although it feels somewhat light and cheap. To be fair, N64 controllers always did. D-pad doesn't ALWAYS register the direction I wanted, but it's hardly enough to ever ruin a game.
I haven't bent the stick yet, but I can tell that an overly enthusiastic wrenching or tapping of it could break it off. Go easy on it and it'll keep you in gaming for some time - I've got a year out of mine so far. But, I really prefer the PS1 Dualshock, so I only really bust this out for N64 games, and play everything else with the Dualshock.
Overall, worth having if you just want an N64 to relive your SM64/Starfox/SSB exerience.
on December 10, 2013
This controller works great, had no issues with the mac compatibility but the middle joystick is very sensitive and I had a little trouble with it sticking, but hey what do you expect for 13 bucks