5.0 out of 5 stars This handset really works! I would give it 10 stars!
There were no written reviews for this particular handset when I purchased it, so here you go!

Published on November 4, 2012 by Michael F. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Static clip sounds...
Folks you talk to can hear static. I can hear them fine.

Pros:
in-expensive
no contact charging

Cons:
Static
a bit too light.
Published 24 months ago by V. Shing

5.0 out of 5 stars This handset really works! I would give it 10 stars!, November 4, 2012
This review is from: WCI Retro POP Bluetooth Handset With Desktop Telephone Base - Wireless Charging Dock (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The handset itself has some weight to it, it is not flimsy, it does not creek or feel cheap in your hand. The color is flat black, along with the charger base. The charger base is also very well constructed, it too has a solid feel and some weight to it. It has a 3 foot long mini USB to USB cord to charge the base. Mini USB plugs into the base, the other end plugs into a small wallwart that plugs into an outlet, all are black in color.

The actual surface area of the phone itself is hard to explain, it is not slick, but almost has a tacky feel to it. It is constructed of some sort of rubberized plastic, it feels good in your hand. I don't see it slipping out of your hands, like when you go for the phone when you are doing dishes and don't quite get your hands dry... You know what I mean. I am very impressed with the quality of this handset and charger base. Someone actually put some thought into this product.

Now, how well does it work? I have the iPhone 4, it paired up quickly and easily. The instructions that came with the handset are very clear in regards to using and pairing this device. I was paired in less than 20 seconds. It works flawlessly with the iPhone iOS 6 Voice Command. Pick up the handset, push the connect button on the back of the handset, say who you want to call and it automatically dials, very cool!

The sound? It sounds crystal clear with my phone. There is no echo, background noise or hollow tinny sound. I was very impressed with the sound, as was my wife. For my sound test, me and my wife took turns on the house telephone, we called my iPhone and spoke on the handset. We both agreed it sounded incredibly clear and was of fantastic quality. It sounded REALLY good, it did not sound like either of us were talking over a bluetooth unit.

Answering the phone, it picked up immediately by pressing the white button on the back of the handset. Very user friendly.

Distance was roughly 40 feet, and it works through walls and even through the floor. My wife walked down to the basement and it was clear until she hit a 30 foot distance mark and we then had some static, but the call did not drop. So, you have time to get back into range if you start wandering a bit to far from your phone.

Battery life is very good. Easily went an hour+ with mom when we finally hung up. It was still going strong.

All in all, this is a high quality unit, we are both very pleased and impressed. If you are in the market for a retro handset, want a quality unit that really works, AND cradles nicely between your head and shoulder, this handset is for you. I highly recommend, and love being able to use a classically designed phone handset again. There are some really good designs from years ago, this is one of them, and glad someone "built this". ;)

Update: Well, I have been using this handset for roughly a month now, almost on a daily basis. It works flawlessly, the sound is still crystal clear and fantastic battery life, I have yet to run this thing out of juice after spending more than a couple of hours on the phone... No complaints here.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good, July 7, 2014
Drops connection consistently, can not use at all. Sits in closet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Static clip sounds..., January 30, 2013
V. Shing (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
Folks you talk to can hear static. I can hear them fine.

Pros:
in-expensive
no contact charging

Cons:
Static
a bit too light.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality sound and range., January 28, 2013
Bought for wife to make her cell phone more convenient. The sound is scratchy and the range is only a few feet. Defeats the purpose of her being able to have a more convenient receiver around a room.

4.0 out of 5 stars good! but not great, January 15, 2013
battery life if average, around 4 hours of talk time. no notification (id like to see a flashing light or something)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't come with instructions, could pair., January 13, 2013
The handset looks nice, but there we no instructions in the box for pairing, and the manufacturer was completely unresponsive with support, and had no manual available for the device.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality of product not acceptable, December 5, 2012
The person that is called hears a hum when the caller is not talking. The charging red light stays on even when the unit is fully charged. The handset light stays blinking when the unit is not docked to charging unit.