4.0 out of 5 stars no more head tilting
Published on March 10, 2011 by Porcelain Monkey

I was so pleased with these reading glasses. They look great and the lenses were quite good.

They lasted 3 weeks with the plastic hinges failing on both sides after just three weeks. What was even worse was that this seller (DRUGSTORE-dba: Boomer Eyewear of Los Angeles) refused to address it or address any future emails I would send them.

I liked...
Published on March 5, 2012 by Jonathon

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! BEWARE! SUB-STANDARD QUALITY IN FRAME-SLOW SHIPPER-AVOIDS CUSTOMER., March 5, 2012
Jonathon (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retro Rockers Deluxe Reading Glasses - Spring Hinges - Great Colors! (Eyewear)

I liked the lens so much so that I paid again to have them shipped to me directly from the seller. They took the order, processed the credit card same day and have since sat on the order and ignored additional emails asking about the order and delay.

They are Made In China and the hinge area simply cannot support the size of the frames or the weight of the lens.

I tried to repair the right-side area and to some degree, it worked but then the left side also broke apart.

Keep in mind, these are not used 24/7 but simply as back-up readers when my prescription eyewear isn't close by.

If you must purchase these from BOOMER EYEWEAR (via Amazon) just accept that they have a very short life span. Boomer Eyewear will not stand by the product or address your concerns should you have any.

This is a bad Amazon partner. Avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price., June 19, 2011
The frames are larger than usual for this style and the lenses create a bit of distortion, but for the price and for an occasional use this glasses are quite sufficent.
What I found offensive was included with the glasses note soliciting a 5 or 4 star review and asking to abstain from posting any reviews with lower rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY, August 15, 2011
James R. Maurer (COSTA MESA, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
These glasses sell for 11.95 they charge you 5.99 for shipping. It is a big run around plan on paying almost 20 dollars for these plastic pieces of junk. they are not worth the money or the beating they give you on the shipping. Check the post office and find out they are charging 4 dollars more for shipping than it probably cost them. I would suggest you look elsewhere for reading glasses unless you want to throw money away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short Life, March 11, 2011
The glasses arrived promptly. They looked as well as functioned great for a few days, then they broke. The right hinge came loose and the arm fell off after a week of normal use. I don't know what caused this; it took me completely by surprise. I liked these glasses so I was very dissappointed, but I won't purchase this product again.

4.0 out of 5 stars no more head tilting, March 10, 2011
Porcelain Monkey (St. Louis - The Hill) - See all my reviews
Never wore anything but sunglasses until about 6 months ago (and safety glasses of course) but am rather pickey about the quality and functionality. the three existing pairs I have are half lenses- could not seem to find anything full size until these. I am not going to say their optics are perfect, but not having to move my head up and down as I read a page on a book makes these the right tool for the job- the also have the flex hinge so the preasure on the side of my face is nondistracting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent Wrong Glasses, October 7, 2011
I ordered the brown tortoise shell glasses. The shipping didn't take that long. But the glasses were black, not the brown tortoise shell I ordered. It's not worth trying to fix the problem for a pair of inexpensive reading glasses, but I'll never order from this vendor again. At least it was the right prescription strength.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap!, August 7, 2013
these glasses were really cheappy cheappy! i could have gotten better quality glasses at the drug store! I've barley had them 2 months and the already broke! i don't wear them every day just when reading and I kept them in a case!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, April 22, 2013
Unless you treat the glasses like eggs, they don't last. I ordered 3 of these, they all broke in less than 2 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, December 28, 2010
R. Callicotte (Kansas City, MO United States) - See all my reviews
These are great glasses, so far. The rims prevent one of my biggest problems with the glasses purchased at Walmart - oil from skin. Also, the lenses are better - clearer and can take a good cleaning without scratching. I like how these fit, too. I've been complimented on how they look on me, but this isn't a big consideration for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, January 10, 2014
Coating came off almost immediately. Don't waste your money. I can get better for $3.00 anywhere. This is a rip off.

Rate and Discover Movies