Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: HardcoverChange

on April 7, 2011
My wife bought this book for me as a surprise gift. I first skimmed through it to check out the game photos. There's some of the favorites like The Claymaker's "Predator" celebration and some real gems like an end-zone shot of Raji's pick-six interception against the Bears with an out-of-focus Peprah celebrating in the background.

I then started reading the recaps of the games, personnel, and season. The prose itself is take-it-or-leave-it, but certainly decent enough (much better than I can write). But the glaring factual errors in a book about sports is frankly inexcusable.

A highlight on Page 8 about Superbowl XLV says "[9] The number of catches wide receiver Jordy Nelson made in the game, including a 38-yard touchdown." Nelson caught a pass for 38 yards and a 29-yard touchdown in XLV, but not a 38-yard touchdown.

After a nice full-page pic of your Superbowl XLV MVP Rodgers (with Harrison coming at him) on page 9, page 10 includes "Running back James Starks, a seventh-round draft pick...". Sorry, but he was a sixth rounder. From there, I haven't gotten any further in my reading, instead spending more time doing the editor's job (and writing this review!).

The book's photos alone are certainly worth the purchase and I'm happy my wife got it for me. But these factual errors detract dramatically from the content. I'll feed the fire by mentioning the publisher's address given in the front matter of the book is Chicago. Just sayin'.
on June 4, 2011
Husaband's birthday present.. We really liked it.. It is NOT the super bowl game. It is a review of the whole season, including the superbowl... Great inexpensive gift..
on August 2, 2011
This book was great as memorabilia for Green Bay's Super Bowl Season. It has really in-depth reports on the team's games, and key players and personnel. Awesome seeing my team's resilience through the season and playoffs and come out on top. Go Pack!
on March 16, 2014
He had checked this book out 8 times from the library and finally I decided he should just own it;) He is a big football fan and has been to Green Bay several times to visit the stadium. He's a fan. It's a good book for him.
on August 8, 2014
Every Packer fan needs this.