57%
Return the Heart
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$3.99

on August 2, 2010
From the description, I knew this story was going to be about a girl with a special ability to read other's hearts. What I didn't know until I dived in was the thrill ride that was waiting for me!

I loved our main character, Lilly. In the beginning, you can see how much her special ability affects her. There is no way to be normal when you can so easily know everyone's deepest secrets. I can imagine what a burden that would be sometimes. Lilly's parents are MIA in the story, but Richardson's reason for this is realistic and understandable. Lilly moves to a new town to live with her Aunt and Uncle for her senior year, and this is where she meets her friends. Claire is such a sweetheart and the kind of girl you want as a best friend. The twins, Andrew and Kyle, I would have liked to get to know better. They were in the scenes, but I felt I didn't know them as well as I knew the other characters. I hope to see them more fleshed out in the sequel, because they have the potential to be a great comic relief. Lilly and Seth's romance was definitely one of my favorite aspects of the story. They had a connection very early on, but when you read and find out why, it's impossible to doubt it. Even with their strong emotional connection early on, they took their physical relationship at a steady pace. They are incredibly perfect together, and so sweet. You can't help but root them on.

The story was action packed, but it also did a great job at balancing character development. Lots of bad guy butt kicking and outsmarting them at their own game. I was bouncing in my seat and trying to read faster to see what would happen next. I did get confused sometimes on which bad guys were which. There were a lot to keep up with. But as I kept reading the scene, it would clear it all up. Another great aspect was the Russian prophecy that plays a big role in the plot. Richardson did a great job at withholding and revealing information at all the right times. Every time I figured one thing out, there was another that I was dying to know. That is the sign of a great story teller. I was very happy with the ending, but still left craving more. I know there is quite a bit more adventure (and romance) awaiting these characters, and I can't to dive back in with them.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Return the Heart is a wonderfully written first book, leaving me wanting so much more.

The character development made me keep turning the pages, Lilly was an awesome character, strong and brave, loyal, and just she had a vulnerability to her. I loved Claire-- her best friend, I would love it if she were mine. Seth is such a leader and soo desirable, I have yet another book boy that I would love to have a piece of.

The premise and the way that their gifts worked together was awesome, and unique. I don't know much about Russian mythology, but it is a really neat premise. The story weaved together beautifully, there were subplots that all worked together to make a rich and compelling story.

Return the Heart had action, romance, suspense, mystery, and spectacular characters. I wanted more, and didn't want for it to end.
on January 7, 2011
To see into the soul is a gift that seems to be a curse. "Return the Heart" tells the tale of Lilly Paige, a seventeen year old girl who can peer into the hearts of those around her, something that has proven more troublesome to her than useful. Seeking to learn more about her talents, she finds that there are those who wish to use her and exploit her to their own gains. "Return the Heart" is a riveting tale about the soul and what it does to those around you.
on October 14, 2010
To be completely honest, my hopes were not the highest before I ventured into the unknown trek that is Return the Heart. It just didn't sound like it would appeal to me all that much. But I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

Lilly was a great protagonist. She was strong, independent, and had the heart of a Russian (you will get this once you read the book). Her newfound friends were a little out of the blue, but they were (mostly) great. Claire is the perfect best friend, Seth is the perfect boyfriend, and the twins were... the twins.

The writing exhibited by T.K. Richardson in this book was phenomenal. I admit I was confused sometimes, but mostly I was always completely immersed in the story. There were a few issues I had with it, including the fact that it skips over chunks of time (which I am sort of glad she did, as it would slow the story down), but overall I really enjoyed the writing style.

The entire idea of this book was incredibly unique. I have read some things similar, but there is so much in this book that wasn't in the others like it that it is impossible to say it is just like the other books out there. I had never really read anything about Russia or its lore before this, but now I am very interested in finding out more.

I would definitely recommend reading this brilliant debut for its strong protagonist, entertaining side characters, great writing style, unique idea that is like some, but is a world all its own, and for its creative ties to Russian mythology. I will be eagerly awaiting Return the Heart's sequel, as this book left me wanting more, more, more!
on September 7, 2010
This book was one of the most well written and exciting books I have ever read!
The plot was exciting from start to finish, because there was never a dull moment.
I loved the main character Lilly, she was so easy to relate to which made me love the book even more.
I loved all the action, romance and the bits of mystery that is sprinkled throughout this book.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an entertaining story.
on September 10, 2010
While this one is young adult, I totally got absorbed in it and can't wait for the sequel.

Lilly and her friends all have special talents that on their own, makes them a bit odd, but together it becomes dynamic and possibly deadly. Lilly is a kick butt girl who grows into her shoes throughout the novel's many adventures.

This book is part espionage, part supernatural, part teen romance and part coming of age. It's well done and worth the read!
on January 11, 2014
I loved this book it is One of the best books I read

Reminds me of Maximum Ride by James Patterson