5.0 out of 5 stars Great ghost story
I usually don't write reviews but this is a must read. It was recommended on booklending.com and was .99 for the Kindle version so I thought why not. It is by far the best book I have ever paid a dollar for.

Published on May 22, 2011 by A. Popham

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, It's really bad and not in a good way!
Published on July 17, 2012 by C. L. Ensor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ghost story, May 22, 2011
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)

It starts out with a terrible shooting at a high school where several students were killed and injured. The shooter David Ray turned the gun on himself at the end of his rampage. Twenty years later some of the survivors are still trying to deal with the aftermath of the shooting and decided to have a reunion for closure. Several have witnessed a haunting at the high school that was closed after the shooting. There are more murders that cannot be explained. Can a ghost kill someone? Is it David's ghost or a demon?

I gave this book a five and rarely rate a book that high. Bennington doesn't bore you with details that are not needed. If he tells you something remember it because it will come back into play later. Again, this is a great book. Reunion will keep you on your toes and it definitely grabs your attention from the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cool! It was almost like two different books but in a good way, June 30, 2011
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This novel starts out heartbreaking! Jump ahead twenty years and it turns suspenseful, and oh so creepy. It was so great, I loved the shift! The characters are so well written that they reminded me of the kids I went to high school with. David Ray is a character that you have to hate because of what he does, but at the same time you feel so bad for him. He's been through so much and treated so badly in his short life. I loved how Jeff Bennington gave the survivors each strengths to go along with the weaknesses of their PTSD. Reunion is a book that will have you glued to the pages, and will leave you thinking about it long after you've finished.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, It's really bad and not in a good way!, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I just finished forcing myself to finish this novel. I really must encourage you not to bother. The writing has all of the skill of a Harlequin without at least the benefit of a little steaminess. The character development is nonexistent. These people are flat and one dimensional. There is a brief attempt to make the ending spiritual but that fell flat as well. The story is a good one but this is so badly written it was a chore to read. This is the first one star I've ever given!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read! Highly Recommend it!, August 12, 2011
This review is from: Reunion (Paperback)
This book of fiction takes us into a world that is all too realistic in the horrifying trend of school violence that has been taking place too often in our society.
Bullying and violence have no place in our schools and the practice should be stamped out before it causes violence.
The author starts out with a terrible shooting at a high school where several students were killed and injured. Thankfully, at the end of the horrific rampage, the deranged shooter turns the gun on himself. However, later on, the killer becomes a menacing ghost that haunts the school, even though it was closed after the shooting.
I liked the way the author tells you something that pops up later in the book. Twenty years after the shooting, some of the survivors are still trying to deal with the aftermath. The scars are still open sores for the survivors and the trauma is not over, but beginning again after they decide to have a reunion to get final closure. I don't want to give away the ending, but this book will certainly grab and keep your attention.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I continue to be amazed at books like this one which receive so many 4 & 5 star ratings. I have to assume most are from friends of the author because it really is nothing close to a great book. The book had great potential and an intriguing premise but the delivery was flat. The author fell short of delivering a strong psychological thriller by using too much literal description and boring dialogue. There were so many exclamation marks in the dialogue that I thought it was written by a teenage girl instead of an adult male. The author tried to tell us too much about the characters with boring descriptions instead of leading us to conclusions through characterization. Example, "he had a quiet spirit and a tell it like is mantra". I think the reader could surmise this through the characters actions without having to be given a summary of his/her traits. The most developed character seemed to be the killer, which is basically out of the story after the beginning. I also thought it would have been more effective to begin the story with the reunion itself and then through flashbacks tell about the massacre and the individual stories of the victims.

The end went off on a side road when the author started mixing God, religion, poltergeist, demons and the occult. Those ideas don't mix well. It wasn't bad enough that the killer had been abused by basically everyone but he was also involved unwittingly in satanic rituals? Too much. The end was way too preachy for a "supernatural thriller" and it seemed the author threw it in thinking to would appeal to Christian readers-it didn't appeal to this Christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars "A HEARTFELT REUNION", May 19, 2011
irene brodsky (brooklyn new york) - See all my reviews
As an educator and former school secretary, I have spent the last 40 years in
school settings, seen all kinds of student behavior, met parents who behaved in
very bad taste, worked with Principals who tried to hide serious problems and
felt the frustration of teachers who wondered where would this all lead to?
It leads to terror in our schools.

In "Reunion" by Jeff Bennington, Mr. Bennington tackles the very painful issue of
school shootings and what happens when a group of survivors go back years later for
a reunion. In such acts of terror, many people look for closure, some sense of
peace, an answer to why anyone would come to school with a weapon...but
Mr. Bennington surprises us with the results of this reunion.

This book is a must for all parents, educators, religious leaders, politicians and
students to be aware and report unusual behavior or strangers on school premises.
Sad to say, all schools should have metal detectors, and to report any unfamiliar
persons hanging around the school grounds.

School shootings remains an ongoing terror. Mr. Bennington is to be commended for
dealing with the issue of the survivors. How they deal with this years later and
what they find out is what YOU need to find out. The answers are in Reunion by
Jeff Bennington. And I wish to say it was an honor to review this book.

I am donating my copy of Reunion to The Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn Public Library
for catalog consideration. To me, the best place for a book to be is in the library
where it can be shared with people of all ages. This book needs to be shared with as
many people as possible.

My name is Professor Irene Brodsky. I teach writing skills (thesis & essay) and write
books.

Author of:
"Poetry Unplugged"
"The Adventures of Silly Kitty, Princess Jasmine and First Puppy"
"Queen Esther's New Coloring Book"
and the upcoming "16 Candles Shine Forever" In memory of Johnny Maestro

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad I paid a dollar for this., December 27, 2011
This review is from: Reunion (Paperback)
This book is awful. It is not well thought out or written. The author adds in unnecessary details, so you're left reading a paragraph and wondering what the point to a random sentence was... for example at the end, "She went on to finish her art degree." Awesome, good for her BUT what in the world does that have to do with absolutely anything? The author tried way too hard to wrap everything up with a neat little bow and, as a result, cheapened the whole book. Readers are not stupid, we can read between the lines to figure out a character's thoughts and reasoning. It was entirely too unrealistic and poorly written for me to enjoy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Dollar Ever Spent, June 2, 2012
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
If I'd remembered that I'd paid only a dollar for this book, I would have deleted it from my Kindle midway through. But I forced myself to finish it, which took forever, and I was sorry. I can't fathom the positive reviews for this book; I thought it was badly written, with undeveloped characters, weak dialogue, and unoriginal ideas. It was a complete waste of my time, and I'll never buy anything by this author again.

4.0 out of 5 stars School Rage!, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Very real the incident of mass killing of students, something you see on the Headlines often. The author gives you the backstage pass to a school shooting, the run up to the day and lives of the survivors after. As the community tries to pick up life again as if it never happened an idea of a school reunion comes up but are they really prepared for what is to follow this one quite strange reunion of sorts.
Written in good haunting pace with few surprises round the corner.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Frustrating Read, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Reunion (Paperback)
The problem with Reunion is that it seems to want to be four or five different books at the same time. Is it a book about the psychological ramifications of a school shooting? A horror novel with religious overtones? A thriller? Chick lit? In the end, it attempts to be all of these things... and as a result does none satisfactorily. The descriptions of the shooting are horrific, and at times, the look into the psyche of the survivors interesting. But the ending feels both rushed and contrived. Worse, the characters often feel like caricatures. For example, a reporter interviewing the survivors becomes upset when the interview (which had been about as interesting as paint drying) takes a chaotic turn. What reporter shuts off the cameras when things get interesting? People keep secrets for no apparent reason, and the resolution raises a huge, gaping hole that -- without giving anything away -- I'll simply put this way: Why didn't "it" do that before? The writing is crisp and the story moves along at a clipped pace... I only wish that it had gone somewhere more interesting.

Reunion: A Supernatural Thriller