5.0 out of 5 stars No Plastic, No Trash, AMAZING coffee!!!!!
Published on June 20, 2011 by J in Dallas

1.0 out of 5 stars Literally shoots out boiling water!
Published on June 5, 2012 by mdefel

5.0 out of 5 stars No Plastic, No Trash, AMAZING coffee!!!!!, June 20, 2011
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
I specifically purchased this filter at the same time I purchased my all glass Chemex Coffee Brewer because I have been searching for a way to eliminate plastic and toxins from my food preparation/storage routine. I was thrilled to find this filter because there is NO PLASTIC. It is made with food-grade stainless steel and since it is reusable, there is also NO TRASH or further expense. It was a bonus to me that it is made in the USA. It is a good investment, for sure! I have used the filter daily for a few months now. First and foremost, the coffee made using this filter tastes AMAZING- smooth, not bitter, my husband and I love it! The filter is quite durable and easy to use and easy to clean. After use, I just dump the contents in my compost bin (or trash) and rinse under warm water and let air dry. I usually let it cool first, but either way works. I don't anticipate needing another one any time soon, since there is no sign of wear and tear, but if I ever do, I will buy again. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the cleanest, most delicate cups I've had, October 14, 2011
Troy D (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
I've been really happy with it. I've been using it with a Chemex as well as just sitting inside a pourover/Melitta cone (where it basically is the brew method).

It brews an extremely clean cup, but with more (sometimes much more) body than I've seen with other clean cups (siphon, Chemex w/paper filter).

One reviewer mentioned grit and that it was hard to clean. I've had the exact opposite experience. I've been using the same grind setting I do for pourover (notch 14 of 40 on a Virtuoso) and there's no grit at all. The cup is completely empty after I drink it, and I'm not drinking grounds.

It takes me about 20 seconds to clean. I turn it upside down and run the faucet for 20 seconds. It doesn't seem any more delicate than anything else handmade. I've taken the same care with it that I do with a French press.

I'd gladly buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save Money-Great Coffee, April 28, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
My adventures with Chemex began when our fourth drip coffeemaker in as many years died a sudden death. Weary of planned obsolescence, we decided to look for another, less mechanical option for brewing.

We have a small French press, and enjoy the coffee it produces, but I've never been able to avoid the grit. A bit of reading led me to the Chemex sub-culture of lovable coffee snobs. A few video brewing demonstrations later and I decided to give the Chemex a try. We were not disappointed. Velvety, rich, clean coffee flavor. The only drawback were the expensive filters. I tinkered with several tricks involving standard coffee filters (origami folds, knitting my own, etc.), but each failed when making more than 8 ounces.

No need to fear Chemex fans...the K250 Reusable Filter is here! Easy to use, easy to clean and makes a deliciously smooth, grit-free cup of coffee.

Here's my simple cleaning method for the K250:

1. After brewing place the filter (with grounds) upright into a cup. Go about your day. The grounds will dry a bit.

2. Take the filter and shake the dry grounds into the trash (or compost if you're into gardening).

3. Turn the filter point side up and rinse the filter under warm water from the outside.

4. Set the filter upside down on the cup used in step one to dry. Ta da!

Thank you K250 Reusable Filters. You're the frugal brewer's friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee, no waste!!, January 26, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
I have had this filter for less than a week and I love it. The filter fits in to the Chemex perfectly and makes a great cup of coffee. Also the design of the filter makes it incredible easy to clean, at most one minute. I also enjoy the benefit of not having to throw away paper filters anymore. Great product and a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pour-over Tastes better than Paper Filters, February 17, 2012
Peter Nigh (SEATTLE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
I had been using my Chemex pour-over with the Chemex branded paper filters, and the coffee tasted a little too weak. Don't get me wrong, it still tastes much better than drip or french press, but it didn't have that traditional boldness of coffee. I got this because I was referred to it by the owner of a great coffee shop in Seattle (Cafe de Lion). The taste is amazing. It still doesn't have the bitterness of coffee, but it is much darker and tastes like bold coffee. You get the best of both worlds, the undercurrent of fruit flavors from the beans and the bold richness you expect from coffee. This is the way coffee is meant to taste.

The clean up is really easy. I don't use soap because I am too lazy. I simply turn the filter upside down in the sink and run water over it. It's that easy. The material is different than what you would expect from a metal filter. It is metal, but it feels like fabric. It is very soft to the touch and there is no sharp edges that will cut you. Even if you were to try, it isn't rigid enough to create a sharp enough edge.

This is a great product and I highly recommend it if you enjoy a good cup of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, June 7, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
Just received my K250 filter. We have been using Chemex paper filters for years. Now with the K250 all the oils from the coffee go directly into your cup of coffee making it the best coffee you will ever have.

The K250 mellows and smooths out the coffee. There is no harsh bitter bite that you WILL have with the paper filter. Cleaning is as easy as turning on the faucet.

If you have a Chemex and do not have a K250...you have now idea what your missing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Literally shoots out boiling water!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
I was super excited to get this filter, to replace the paper filters. However, it does not fit snug enough in the funnel, and as a result air bubbles in the side get trapped and must escape. I have quite literally had boiling water spurting out the top at me. It leaves a huge mess all over the counter. Also, the mesh does not hold the water as nice as the paper, so I can see water streaming out the side of the filter as i am pouring it, and travel down the sides of the chemex (as opposed to simply draining through the bottom of the cone) , diluting the coffee. This is a huge disappointment, I was really hoping it would work out, but it looks like I will have to order more paper filters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, April 14, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
I am very pleased with the K250 filter! No paper waste and the coffee tastes great! I've been using a gold filter (designed for an automatic coffee maker) propped up in my Chemex with a wooden spoon. Well, that worked OK, but it sure is nice to have a filter that fits perfectly. By the way, Kaffeologie's shipping service is great: the filter arrived quickly, at no extra shipping charge--and that's saying a lot because I live in Alaska.

3.0 out of 5 stars acceptable, nothing more., February 22, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
This says it should fit a standard 6 cup chemex, and it does fit, but not as snug as a paper filter would. It doesn't quite touch up against the glass of the chemex, however it is stable enough by itself that I can typically create an acceptable coffee cone when I pour. I think the coava kone would probably have been a better alternative, but it's substantially more money. Time will tell if this was worth it. If it can last for 300 brews (approximately the cost of the same number of paper filters) then it's worth it.

Cleaning is more difficult since it is actually 2 layers of mesh bonded together, so grounds sometimes get in the middle.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, August 4, 2012
This review is from: K250 Reusable Filter for Chemex Coffee Makers
We've used chemex paper filters for years. Love the coffee but hate to keep throwing away or recycling all that paper. This product works beautifully. Good price. Easy to clean up. Garden plants love the grounds. And no more paper.

Rate and Discover Movies