5.0 out of 5 stars Best Compromise Bag
These bags are a great example of just what you need and nothing more. And I love that, because I'm an engineer. Embrace the 80/20, baby!

Published on October 6, 2010 by Mandy L

3.0 out of 5 stars Small Tote
A little too small for many purchases. Have to tuck it back into bag when done. Seems durable but haven't used it much.
Published 15 months ago by Robert G. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Compromise Bag, October 6, 2010
Mandy L (Central Mass) - See all my reviews

Some reviewers complain that the bags are small. But that is the point! To have a bag small enough to carry ALL the time. So you use it ALL the time. Guess you'll have to carry that 36 pack up toilet paper under your arm, sorry! Plus they are so sturdy you shouldn't worry about loading them to the max.

I saw one reviewer complain that the grocery items were getting crushed in this bag. How about not putting the bread at the bottom and the milk on top? Engage brain while shopping, please.

I saw one reviewer complained about wrinkles from the stuff sack... give me a break! Is that the best you've got? Have you evaluated your priorities lately?

These bags rock! Here is my top 10 list:
1) They are small! You can hide them in your purse, glove box, jacket pocket, etc.
2) They fold inside of themselves. Saves you time of folding or rolling. Neat freaks beware!!!
3) They have a clip! Hook them to your purse, jeans, keys, dog's collar, etc.
4) They hold soooo much! Pack it full to the brim with all sorts of heavy stuff. No problem! I'd never do that with the flimsy "reusable" bags I got from my grocery store.
5) They last a looooooong time. Even after two years of torturous use, my mango Chico bag is going strong. The seams look like they will split at any moment. But don't be fooled, the material is very durable... I just overload the weight and stretched out the thread holes.
6) The long life can pay for itself. For those of you with $$$ on the brain: My grocery store rewards me with 5 cents off for every reusable bag per trip. After 120 trips my Chico bag has paid for itself (based on Amazon cost at time of purchase). I go shopping about every 3 days because I like fresh stuff, I usually only have 5 minutes to shop, and the store is not out of the way of my commute. Soooooo... What I'm saying is that if I get 5 cents every time I shop, these bags are free after a year! Than they start PAYING me back for using them to shop!!!
7) When I ordered the 4 pack it was eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping, but the 4 pack was less than $25 dollars so I *had* to order a second item. Tehe!
8) They make great gifts for people interested in being more "green" or for people you have no idea what to get for Christmas.
9) There are many other styles available if the original does not fit your needs.
10) Chico's BagMonster... go ahead Google it! You can even get him on a bag from Chicobag.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Chico Bags - Great Tote Bags, April 14, 2009
So practical...the little bags are reusable and washable. Folded up they hardly take up any space at all. They are great for grocery shopping or any kind of shopping for that matter!! I like the tote bags so much that I have given them out as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the environment - use these great re-usable bags!, March 28, 2010
C. Schmidt (Colorado Mountains) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These bags are great! We originally got a few of them at our local grocery store. They are very strong and able to hold a lot of weight and lots of items. They hold a LOT more than you would expect. I use one to carry piles of library books and the corners of the hardback books haven't punctured the bag, nor caused any problem. The bags are very small when rolled back into their integrated stuff sack. It's true that you can stick it in your purse, pocket, etc. Or hook it on the outside with the attached clip. These bags are a great and easy way to help the environment by cutting back on your use of non-degradable plastic shopping bags. And, as an added bonus, the ChicoBag company who makes the bags will take them back to recycle if/when you wear it out! Not sure what else we can ask for! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful in MANY situations, January 20, 2009
Nancy D. Owen (Bartlett, IL United States) - See all my reviews
These bags are the best. I usually keep two of them hanging off of my diaper bag and I use them whenever I purchase an item. Who needs all those plastic bags? I have pretty much beaten mine up and they are still in great condition. The fit in the it's carrier bag very easily and it is so small. The hook is great because you can attach it to anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, sturdy bag, July 23, 2011
I think it's awesome that these bags have a clip attached to them and they're extremely easy to store. You don't have to worry about losing the pouch because it's attached to the bag, and it takes all of 2 seconds to squish the bag back into its storage pouch. These bags also hold a pretty significant amount of groceries. I recently made a trip to the grocery store and sent just one Chico bag down the belt with my groceries. The bagger asked me if I wanted it all in one bag (perhaps a bit skeptical that everything would fit). Sure enough, all my groceries fit in the one bag, and he seemed somewhat amazed.

That said, the super-capacity of these bags is also their downfall. Depending on what types of groceries you're putting in them, you can easily fit more than 25 lbs worth of stuff. I think I've probably overloaded my Chico bag a few too many times--along the bottom seam I can see where the fabric has been stressed and is thinning/pulled away from the stitching. The bag still functions but I'm just waiting for the day when that seam becomes too weak and fails (unless I re-sew it...not sure if mending it by hand would really do the trick). I don't think it's a defect or anything--pretty sure I've just exceeded the 25 lb capacity of the bag a couple times.

All in all, a great option for re-usable grocery bags. I'd recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Portable Bags, March 25, 2013
We bought 2 sets of these bags in the 8 different colors since our county has banned plastic and the stores are charging for paper. I had a similar bag but it was flimsy, thin and ripped after a few times using. These are sturdy, a great size and so convenient with the carabiner that hooks on the side of my purse and out of the way. I have recommended to friends and given them as gifts...Chico Bags ROCK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome so far!, March 22, 2013
Kariana (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
My home town recently banned plastic bags at all retailers, so I've been pushed into carrying reusable bags (not that it's a bad thing, I'm just forgetful). I opted for fold-away bags, since I KNOW I will forget to take larger/non-collapsible bags with me when I shop. These are fabulous, because they fold up small enough that I can always have a few in my purse, so I don't have to remember to bring them with me to the store. And they hold an amazing amount for their size. I've even taken to using one to carry my lunch to work, since I can collapse it and not have to deal with an empty lunch bag after my shift. And it's great that there's no fancy, specific folding required. I just wad them back up into the internal pouch when I'm done.

I've been using them for about two weeks now. And I'm loving my set of four (in green) so much I ordered my mom a set in blue. She always forgets to bring bags, and ends up buying the large canvas ones that don't fold up in themselves at least once a week, and never re-uses them, since they stay home after that first visit to the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars This eco-company 'gets it'., February 24, 2012
In a recent seperation with my girlfriend I was lucky enough to acquire one of these awesome Chico bags, and let me tell you, I'm stoked. Well,

in all truth, I'm about as excited as any human being should be with 'Just a bag'. But there is literally a million uses for it everyday. It

isn't just a produce bag. It's a lunch box, its a face mask, it can hold your swimtrunks after a day at the spa. I actually cut legholes (Yeah,

I mean, its durable) in mine so I can plop in the newborn (Yes I have a video of it on youtube). It is way cheaper than a baby-back-pack! Make

sure you read the DESCRIPTION! I mean, made with recycled plastic, GENIUS! What it really is though, is a clue. A clue to the next

generation of products will be designed. Product design like this is password to: TheFuture. Whats not to love? They are affordable, lovable,

and absolutely positively the best bag I never had to buy, woohoo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Chico Bags, January 15, 2012
Always getting compliments on my chico bags, ordered this four pack for gifts and myself...
The first two chicobags that I own were the large size, but this 'original' size is still very nice....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, July 13, 2011
Misty (Ashburn, VA) - See all my reviews
For the price you can't beat the quality of these bags. The design is very functional and simple. I wish they were a *little* bigger (the only reason I didn't give 5 stars) but I'd still purchase them again. I've been using reusable bags for about 6 years now and this is one of the best deals I've found.