Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Shop Now HTL

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on November 16, 2010
Jackpot! Reuters on the Kindle is a gold mine of all the news I'm not getting on my local newspaper's Kindle version. My first edition 11/16/10 is wonderfully formatted with the "Sections List" that my local paper and many Kindle papers use. This makes it easy to find content by section (15 of them!) or scan through the list of article titles (102 articles today).

My North Carolina paper's Kindle edition has most of the local news, but rarely has national and international stories that would come from Reuters or AP. Not only does Reuters Kindle deliver U.S. News (6 articles) and International News (10), but today has 13 other sections: Top News (8), Politics (7), Business (8), Deals in Business (4), Green Business (3), Global Markets (6), Personal Finance (4), Science (7), Technology (10), Environment (5), Health (8), Entertainment (10), Oddities (4). What's missing? Sports! So I'll continue to use the web for non-local sports content.

I don't need comic strips and some of the other picture-laden content that others miss on their Kindle. I would like to have some charts and graphs, particularly for stock news, but my keen interest is to have "ALL the news that's fit to [display]" and now I'm going to get it via Reuters on the Kindle. It's a terrific supplement to your local paper on the Kindle, moderately priced, and sure to please if you are seeking news from a well-qualified source.
on March 9, 2011
When I got my Kindle I tried out all sorts of newspapers. I went through so many 14-day free trials that I'm sure Amazon thought about taking back my Kindle.

I wanted an affordable newspaper with weekend editions and great coverage of USA and international news. Reuters has all that, plus business, personal finance, global markets, science, technology, health, entertainment, odd news, environment, personal finance, and even green business. I get enough articles on varied subjects to keep me reading for hours. And, finally, NO articles on sports (thank goodness). I've had no problems with delivery; every morning when I wake up, I fire up my Kindle and there's my news. I'd give them 6 stars if they were available!

Reuters is a daily newspaper for thinking persons. Its articles are in depth, timely, and more enjoyable than other papers I've read. I subscribed immediately and encourage others to do so. In my opinion, they're a sleeper newspaper and destined to move up the ranks at Amazon. The price is right and the coverage is great. Thank you, Reuters (and Amazon).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
I've subscribed to the paper editions of both the WSJ and NYT in the past, and I think that Reuters is a great replacement for either one. The daily edition is comprehensive, with strong business and international coverage.

What's missing? Just the obnoxious editorials and fluff that you find in most newspapers these days.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
If you are looking for straight forward news, then this is your best source for national and international news articles. There are no opinionated columnists, no baised editorals and no boring sports sections. Most of the major news stories have photographs accompaning them, but the focus is more on the written word than the graphic content. Although this is not a real life hardcopy newspaper (but rather a news service) the Kindle content is setup just like a regular newspaper which makes locating and reading the news a pleasure.

Truly, fair and balanced news!
on August 31, 2011
There's something missing in this on-line newspaper, everything but news. I've become greatly disillusioned with my local paper as well as most newspapers that I pick-up during my travels due to lack of content. I subscribed to this paper to fill in the missing gap of National and International news, scant in the typical newspaper. I've enjoyed the prompt electronic delivery, good content and color photographs but have had a nagging thought that something was missing that I just couldn't put my finger on. Today as I sat on a return flight, enjoying the instant gratification of having my paper electronically delivered to my Kindle reader on IPAD, I solved the mystery of the void. The missing content is junk advertisements, want ads, obituaries etc. This paper is just news, the reason I purchase a newspaper! This paper is well written, easy to navigate and provides my daily fill of National and International news, Business, Finance, Politics etc. less the other junk that takes up sixty percent of most printed papers. I never quite realized the pleasure in simply reading an article from beginning to end without having to begin on page A1 and continued on A7. In my humble opinion the format, content and delivery of this electronic paper by Reuters should be the model others should try to achieve.
on January 13, 2012
Four days into my 14-day trial and I'm convinced this is the eContent to subscribe to. Reuters offers informative and intelligent reading every morning consistently at 5:30 as a whip and reliable delivery. As a professional in Washington DC, access to intelligent content is never hard to come by, and certainly, becomes easy to spot. Well, Reuters has what you're looking for...choice, intelligence, organization, and relevant articles that are never recycled from one day to the next. While the topics may remain the same across some categories, the writing is never recycled. Considering that Reuters clocks in at $3.00 cheaper than The Washington Post's eContent, you're getting more for your money here. Plus, you'll get an edition daily, not just 5 days a week like other eNews subscriptions out there that are considerably more expensive. Considering that your daily edition costs .33 cents per day (that's right, do the math and it sells itself), I'd be surprised to hear that you wouldn't see the value. Try it out for the free 14-day won't be disappointed.
on December 21, 2011
This is my first foray into electronic periodicals and I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. The articles are very good and without opinion or slant which is what I was looking for. When I want opinion, I'll read an opinion piece but when I want excellent news reporting, I'll read Reuters.
on August 11, 2011
I picked up Kindle over a month and a half ago by rationalizing the money I could save by buying the paper and reading it through Kindle. I love the fact that they let you sample them for fourteen days without payment. While I am still sampling, I just had to give Reuters the nod for the best paper so far and have subscribed. Tried NY times, Globe and Mail out of Toronto, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Financial Times, Irish Times (which I still pick up on Saturdays). Lots of articles in lots of areas and without much apparent bias. No obituaries or sports or metro page but I'm ok with that. I probably will continue to sample others, but sometimes you need to put your money where your mouth is, and my mouth is saying Reuters is my daily read. At $9.95 a month, instead of the $26 I've been paying at the news stand, I'll have the Kindle paid off from newspaper savings in about 8 months.
on May 26, 2011
After trying many trial subscriptions to the major newspapers, I can say that Reuters has been the best one of them.

The news are presented in articles of about 400-700 words each, which is enough to both provide new information and take a stroll down memory lane to explain the history of the events. Pictures are sparse, but used in the articles where they are needed the most.

The fact that the price tag is a fraction of the larger newspapers (New York Times, I'm looking at you.) just sweetens the deal even more.

There's also the amount of content you get every day - my latest issue had 114 articles.

Hardcore fans of in-depth reporting, editorial lovers as well as sports fans might find the smaller news articles cramped, but for people who just want short, concise, fair and balanced news - this is the paper to pick for your Kindle!
on November 25, 2012
Absolutely the BEST news source that I finally found after wondering around for weeks. Has the balance between News and BUSINESS NEWS that I wanted but could not find. Price IS RIGHT too. I like the Financial Times also but not for the price.
I have the LA Times delivered daily and if it was not for my wives need of a TV guide and mine for sports news I'd drop it tomorrow.
I would have discovered Reuters earlier but thought it was strictly a news gathering agency catering to newspapers.