5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, April 14, 2005
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
I'm new to some of eastern influenced music. I've worked in the music business for many years with rock and pop artists, but I wanted to expand my horizons. Until I came across this Girish CD, my favorites have been Dave Stringer, Krishna Das, and David Parson. My new favorite of the genre is Reveal. The entire album is amazing. I especially can't stop listening to Hanuman.

I highly recommend this CD. I'm looking forward to seeing what Girish does in the future too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful CD, November 8, 2004
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
"Reveal" by Girish is a CD of articulate beauty, accessible devotion and amazing musicianship. Girish weaves ancient Sanskrit mantras with contemporary and inventive melodies to bring chant out of the ashram and into the living room.

I love this CD. I'm instantly enveloped by Girish's hypnotic vocals and lush arrangements every time I listen to it. His voice is deep and fluid, expressing the emotional calling of Kirtan through melodies that you come away singing. Yes, I find myself singing in Sanskrit, understanding the meaning even if I don't know what the words themselves mean, being connected to an ancient intelligence on a visceral level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, October 16, 2004
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
Girish's beautiful sound is overlain with a palpable sense of devotion that speaks to a place deep inside. When friends are over and I play it, it never goes unremarked, and this is true whether or not they are from a Hindu tradition. It's one of my absolute favorite cds.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best CD in my collection!, June 22, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
You could divide the average music-buying public into two groups - those who understand the meditative beauty of Sanskrit mantras and those who have yet to discover it. The music of Girish bridges the gap between these two groups, providing a modern spin on a form of devotion that goes back centuries. REVEAL, the artist's debut album, takes chant music in bold new directions, making it more accessible in the process. The album has a strong pop edge to it, yet never strays from its sacred intentions; this is music from the heart that reflects a deep reservoir of emotion. Girish's singing feels very intimate and passionate - his voice is one that echoes a wealth of knowledge and experience while at the same time offering a warm sort of comfort, as if to say "come, sit down... be at peace." What more could you want from a chant album? ~ Music Design

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTRA-ORDINARY!, January 18, 2005
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
Upon first listening to REVEAL, I found myself intoxicated by ancient sounds woven together by the modern hands of an artist who truly understands the soul's desire to experience something deeply transcendent. Strong, earthy tones permeate mantras often thought inaccessible are now open to many in this cross-culturally infused album. Girish's languid voice takes us on a journey where inspiring, heart-felt expression is mixed with a groove all its own. These subtle, jazz-like compositions set REVEAL apart from other chant albums, allowing those who may not usually swim in these waters a chance to dive in and feel immediately at home.

To create an album with a unique sound, both vocally and instrumentally, is rare. To uplift and heal the spirit as well is...extraordinary!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and spiritually grounding statement., June 8, 2004
Tim Watson, Yogi Times Magazine (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
Girish possesses a talent that comes along so rarely. His interpretation of ancient chants and oms touches the very core of the listener's being. The throaty timbre of his masculine voice,.....confident, strong and soulful. Donna DeLory also makes her presence known with her distinctive and melodic background vocals. The first track, "Ma," makes a beautiful and spiritually grounding statement. Multi-layered with wide and varied use of keyboards, percussion, and wind instruments, the entire CD is indeed a production with attention to detail and subtle layers. While expanding dramatically on these age-old chants, Girish somehow manages to keep everything crisp, deep and moving all at once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Sophisticated, September 8, 2007
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
I was stunned when I first heard "Reveal": it takes kirtan (yoga devotional chanting) to a whole new level. Girish is one of the kirtan movement's most brilliant artists. He's a fantastically gifted musician with a resonant voice that's both galvanizing and mesmerizing. "Reveal" and "Shiva Machine" (Girish's second, absolutely superb CD) are huge favorites of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcending!, March 15, 2007
N. Chew "Nolen" (Star Prairie, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
Open your heart and sink inside....Pure Bliss!

Girish redefines mantra. Donna De Lory's backing vocals are just stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
Lovely music. Blends rock and jazz into traditional eastern chanting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveal ROCKS!!!!*, November 26, 2008
This review is from: Reveal (Audio CD)
I must say, you won't be disappointed if you buy this CD: uplifting, upbeat... Inspiring. Soothing. a rare combination. Also, he's got a nice voice: playful with the tones, yet unpretentious.

I give it a 2 thumbs up!!

Kudos...well done, Girish!

Reveal
Reveal by Girish (Audio CD - 2004)
Rate and Discover Movies