Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

VINE VOICEon August 18, 2010
This is the second book in the de La Vega Cats series and, I thought, the last one. However, the ending leads me to believe the story arc will continue maybe with a spin-off away from the de La Vega jaguars. Revelation started out with action and didn't let up until the very end. Kendra is a supreme alpha woman, secure in herself and her growing magickal abilities. Her love for her sister and her growing love for Max and her ability to handle the jaguar jamboree are testaments to her strong character and intelligence. Max is slightly spoiled and arrogant with good reason. Groomed to take over from his father as head of their jaguar jamboree, he exhibits his alpha maleness perfectly from the vehicle he drives to how his confidence in himself inspires loyalty from his pack. A lot of this story was focused on Max and Kendra but the author easily mixed in the exacerbating problem with Kendra and Renee's father and other mages who wanted to steal their magick. Revelation is very well written. The plot flows smoothly and the pacing keeps you thoroughly entertained. With all the problems they face, Max and Kendra do not have a problem with their sex life. The sex scenes were numerous, some humorous but always extremely sexy and sensual. I loved that Max's arrogance took a hit from the way he worried over Kendra when she knew she was perfectly capable of handling her problems. The book has laughter and excitement with alpha males being brought to their knees by their alpha mates, and bigotry and conflict as Max and Kendra battle the mages and others who want to stop the mating of witches and shifters. I thought the ending was rather abrupt. I was expecting the storyline to close with this book and it is left open so hopefully we'll read more about the de La Vega cats and the new Rodas Clan that was introduced. - Lisa Freeman
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
Max and Kendra's story for some reason was my favorite out of the whole series. I am a huge fan of Lauren Dane and don't think the woman could ever do any wrong but I once I got started on the Cascadia Wolves stories I had to purchase them all on the same day. I enjoyed the whole series but for some reason I love books about cat shifters and for some reason this book reminded me so much of one of my other books which I read repeatedly (Here Kitty, Kitty by Shelly Laurenston). I recommd the wholes series along with the Chase Brothers, Laid Bare Series, and of course Petal, GA (newest) for anyone who wants to read a great author !
on July 12, 2014
Yummy alphas !! Wow, I loved this fast moving story. Lauren Dane is an awesome writer. This is also cross referenced in Cascadia Wolf Pack books, and Bound By Magick stories, too. Those series books are super also. These men are so romantic, totally secure, strong, shifters. I love the way they talk to and treat their women. Total love and devotion and the women respond in kind. Max and Kendra just sizzle with love and sexy romance. Great characters, terrific story. I'm starting Beneath the Skin today !! ENJOY !!
on January 1, 2014
Kendra is very head strong and sometimes very irritating. Max is pushy and totally in charge. they are great together and as usual Gibson is in the background. Jack,Renee and Galen are back for support. Always a pleasure to see Jack. Loved this installment. keep them coming. an update on the Cascadia clan would be greAt too.
on February 3, 2014
Can be read alone, but does read best following the series, as the story lines are connected. I loved Kendra, she was strong and independent, but also vulnerable and caring, and Max is hotter than hot, strong, alpha, yet with a great romantic side. This was a reread already for me!
on October 9, 2014
This is book 2 in the De La Vega series. This was Kendra and Max's story. Kendra is a powerful witch and Max is the Alpha of the De La Vega Jamboree. There are Mages out to take the magick from witches. Kendra's father and step mother are involved. There is some serious magick being yielded here. I'm really into this author and this series. I can't wait to read the next book. I hope more books will be in this and the other series. I love this world as much as Anita Blake.
on February 17, 2013
There is not much romance, the story feels rushed, the plot feels a bit helter-skelter. There are some interesting ideas but glued to an overused motif. I'm not compelled to read any others. I also think mixing menage and straight romance in the same series is awkward.
on October 12, 2013
Where do I begin? The plot of this book was a pleasure. Well thought out, nothing was obvious and every step was intriguing.
The world if the Cascadia wolves is rich and deep and full of characters fleshed out with pasts and purpose. Max and Kendra are a wonderful couple. I really enjoyed the rough moments that really do happen in relationships. If you read any book this month, make it this one!
on January 2, 2014
I love Lauren Dane. I love how she waives and entwined her character's together from her paranormal books. You don't have to read them all to enjoy the storyline. It just makes you want to read them all. I'm a huge fan of all her books and series. She is one of my favorite author's and once you read one of her books you will be hooked!!
on August 17, 2010
I have just recently discovered Lauren Dane and this is one of my favorites! Well worth the money and it kept me engrossed from the first page. I can hardley wait for book 3. You won't be disappointed!!