1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT THE FRIGATE USS UNITED STATES !!!, May 23, 2011
This review is from: Revell Germany Frigate United States Model Kit (Toy)
In 1976 the Revelle model company produced a 1:96 scale model of the USS UNITED STATES with the poop deck and railing as called the roundhouse. I have several of these models and one is at the Ben Franklin Museum I donated in Philadelphia.
THIS rendition does not have the poop deck structure. It could be the USS Constitution or the USS President, but without the poop deck structure IT IS NOT the USS UNITED STATES. It appears that Revell made a cheap rendition of this gallant frigate to save cost in production. Revell cannot even claim ignorance about the structure.
I do not recomend this product to anyone and I seriously suggest anyone who purchased this rendition 1:150 scale to get their money back. And I suggest that any vendor selling this product to take it off the market.
We are not talking about how many bolts or copper plates are on the hull, the planking on the sides or any trivial detail. We are talking about a major structure that distinguished the USS UNITED STATES from, and was not on any of, her other sisters.
Selling this rendition would be missleading the public in the way of education. It would be like buying a model of the TITANAC with only three stacks instead of four; or buying a B-17G without the chin turret. Revell should have known better than to produce this version of the USS UNITED STATES.
I also accept the full responsibility of all the above as being true to the best of my resourses coming from over 30 years of research of the frigate USS UNITED STATES, her history, and her construction data. THIS MODEL IS NOT THE USS UNITED STATES!!! Personally I wish they would take me to court but they wouldn't dare...they know they will loose.
I have written documentation, plans, and eye witness accounts of the existance of the poop deck and roundhouse, and the models Revelle produced with the cover of the boxes showing both renditions....a foolish move by Revell.
A formal complaint was presented to the Consumer Protection of the US Federal Government about this case, but they fail repeatedly to follow through. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT !!!
USS UNITED STATES Foundation
Edward C. Zimmerman, Jr.
Founder, President, CEO
USSUNITEDSTATES@Yahoo.com

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE CONSTITUTION, March 15, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Revell Germany Frigate United States Model Kit (Toy)
I have the ship model the USS United States and the Constitution,and this is just a smaller scale fo the Constitution 1/96 scale.the gentelman with the other review is quit right this is NOT WHAT IT APPERIES TO BE. It is a misleading iteam and should be corrected.It is a nice model but it is NOT what it says on the box.

Revell Germany Frigate United States Model Kit