5.0 out of 5 stars Still The Best Set Around!
My husband and I just purchased a ceramic top stove. After finding out that we could no longer use our old, much loved, Revere copper-bottomed pots and pans on the new stove, we began to look for new cookware.

Published on November 12, 2005 by Book Lover

2.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy this again
Published on August 13, 2008 by CF

5.0 out of 5 stars Still The Best Set Around!, November 12, 2005
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)

So much of what is out there is terribly expensive and I don't like stainless steel handles -- they are too long to store the stuff easily and the pots and pans too heavy. In addition, the "sets" of cookware available left too much out - not enough sauce pans -- too many fry pans.

Thankfully, we found this 14-piece Revere 2000 set here at Amazon. It has absolutely eveything I want in a cookware set. I like the "pistol grip" stay cool handles and round lid knobs. Everything in the set is easy to store (nice, short handles!), easy to use on the stove top, and easy to clean.

The cookware heats up quickly and efficiently - I have been able to boil water in a short time on medium heat - never having to turn the stove knob to "high". Food stays good and hot on the stove with the lids on and the stove turned off.

I have had no problem cleaning anything - I just put a drop of dish detergent in warm water and let the pan soak for a short while. Using a "tuffy" plastic scrub pad and a little bit of "Barkeepers Friend" on a sponge keeps this cookware looking new.

I am very pleased with this set and plan to purchase more accessories in this line. The set is practical, highly useable and easy to store. Plus, it didn't cost a fortune! I'm delighted!

2.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy this again, August 13, 2008
CF (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
Twenty-five years ago, I got a set of Revere Ware pots that I still use but that are getting a little "long in the tooth." A few years ago I looked for some replacements but couldn't find Revere anywhere. So I was excited to recently see this set on Amazon, and I bought it. However, whereas the old Revere was made of high grade (18/8 or 18/10) stainless steel, this set is not. Given that, I don't think it's worth the price. For a comparable price, you can get "classic" Farberware pots, which are still made of 18/10. It's sad, though, because I much prefer the flat lid knobs on Revere, which prevent the lid from rolling around when you put it on the counter during cooking. Perhaps Farberware could buy the rights to the Revere design...

4.0 out of 5 stars Revere Pots and Pans size., September 29, 2006
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
This is a good and well made set. I like it, however, the size of the frying pan and the largest pot could be a lot bigger. though for the price you cannot go better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, April 14, 2008
Beverly McCarty (Columbia, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
I love these pans. I did a lot of research on stainless steel cookware before I decided to purchase the Revere Ware and I am glad I did. I have had various brands of stainless steel cookware in the past, but this is the best. It heats fast on low and medium heat levels and heats evenly. The pans are not heavy, but they are sturdy. There is a pan size in this set for every need and the bowls are great to have. The price is right, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revere Ware rules!, January 15, 2007
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
I ordered this set to complement a few pieces of Revere Ware that I have had for years. Though it's true that these pans are made of lighter weight material than in past years, the quality is still good. I chose these because of the many options in size and I haven't seen any other cookware that is so light in weight without being low in quality. So many cookware sets today weigh a ton and have long, metal handles, making them hard to store and use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget starter set, January 5, 2009
Bhavin Parikh (Berkeley, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
This set offered most of the kitchen essentials I needed after moving into a new apartment at a very reasonable price. I wanted stainless steel for it's non-reactive qualities with an aluminum base for good heat conduction and that's exactly what I got.

PROS:
- Cooks well for everyday tasks
- Stainless steel with aluminum base
- Relative low price for many items
- Handles do not get hot when cooking
- Easy to clean with scrub brush, soap, and water (I do not have a dishwasher)

CONS:
- The aluminum disk does not cover the entire bottom of the pans, therefore food on the edges of the pan does not cook as evenly. You also need to be mindful of the flame on a gas stove such that it does not exceed the aluminum base.
- The lids on the mixing bowls crack if refrigerated
- You probably do not need all 4 sauce pans. A smaller fry pan or larger saute pan would have been more useful.

If you don't need the mixing bowls and stainless steel handles are okay with you, I suggest this set, currently at a comparable price: Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless-Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set which offers a larger stockpot and offers a saute pan and small fry pan instead of the 2 additional saucepans. To my knowledge, the aluminum disk covers the entire bottom on these pans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality After All These Years!!, October 2, 2008
M. Loekle (Middletown, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
I have been a revereware fan since I was a little girl in my mother's kitchen. Being recently divorced I found myself in the market for new pots and pans. I am just as happy with this set as I was with the ones I had for over 30 years in my married life which he got in the settlement. :).

5.0 out of 5 stars No copper but even better, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
This pan set is as thick as my old 50's copper bottoms, but have a thicker stainless steel bottom (It extends down like a cylinder about 1/8" on the bottom) That is very nice for heat distribution. I would buy these again, as this set is a great value for quality hardware. My wife says they are better than the copper bottoms because they don't get hot spots as bad. More even heating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revere ware, the best, January 15, 2009
J. Lane (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set (Kitchen)
I've owned Revere ware for more than 20 years, and even though I have added odd pots and pans to my collection over the years it remains my favorite.

Revere 2000 Line 14-Piece Set