5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea kettle for everyday.
Published on November 11, 2006 by Nikki

1.0 out of 5 stars nice size
This is a nice sized tea kettle for brewing small amounts. It pours nicely, isn't too heavy and heats quickly. However, I bought one and in a few months, the spring to open the spout broke. I contacted Revere and they immediately sent a replacement. Excellent customer service and the replacement has been perfect.

One year later, the replacement broke and now...
Published on February 12, 2009 by L. Price

1.0 out of 5 stars nice size, February 12, 2009
This review is from: Revere 4-Cup Stainless Steel Bottom Easy Fill Tea Kettle (Kitchen)

One year later, the replacement broke and now I am on my third replacement which broke about a month after receiving that. Apparently there is some issue with the metal used for the spring. It cannot take the heat of boiling water for tea. How can you have a tea kettle that can't take the heat! I was really careful when heating water in this third kettle thinking if I heated it on a lower heat, it would be fine. The spring broke anyway. While customer service has been really good, I would not recommend this product and will be shopping for another brand. Revere does not have the quality it used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea kettle for everyday., November 11, 2006
Nikki (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This kettle is great for me. I use it to make tea for myself every day. I do not understand the review that says it gets too hot. I have never needed a pot holder to grab the handle. It easily handles tea for two, any more than that and you may want a bigger one. It heats fast on my "not so fast" electric stove and is easy to fill from the water dispenser on my refrigerator. I love this item and would highly recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, February 9, 2008
ukwildcat63 (IN, United States) - See all my reviews
I received this tea kettle for Christmas and was very disappointed with the craftsmanship of this product. The first time using it... it leaked water down the front of the kettle. The other day, I was heating some water and noticed that the whole front of the spout had cracked down the center. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. Keep looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best friend, January 28, 2008
This is now the second one of these that I've bought. I use mine at least every morning for my tea and I just recently bought one for my mother, who also loves it. I don't really know what the qualities of a good tea kettle are, but it whistles, it's easy to fill, and the handle is usable without the assistance of a towel of hot pad. This is the smaller one that my Mommie has. I'm personally a fan of the bigger size myself, but I drink a lot of tea.

Summary: great buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, not great, October 3, 2009
The whistle is hard to hear. Your AC fan is louder. Steam coming out around the fill cover heats the handle. It needs a longer pour spout. When you pour, steam from the pour spout hits your hand.

It pours great. No spill over or dripping.

Amazon "Product Features" says "Signature copper bottoms for quick heating". The bottom is stainless steel not copper.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great little tea kettle!, November 27, 2007
Native New Yorker (Currently in Texas.) - See all my reviews
Not only does this tea kettle look nice, but it is very comfortable to handle. Like another reviewer, I do not understand why one of the other reviewers stated that the kettle could not be picked up without a pot holder. I have an electric stove; I don't know if that would make a difference in how much the kettle heats up. It is not too heavy, even when full, and can be held comfortably in one hand, which is important to me since I have arthritis in my hands and wrists. I did not need anything larger than this tea kettle, anyway. Although the kettle does whistle, I can hear the water boiling and see the steam coming out of it quite some time before the whistle starts, so I don't usually wait that long before taking it off the stove. Although it would change the design/appearance of the kettle, the only thing I could have wished for was an opening large enough to put my entire hand through when cleaning the inside, but since the only thing to go in there is water, which I empty out once I'm through using the kettle, this probably won't matter. Overall, I am very pleased with this little kettle, and quite honestly, the moment I put it on top of my stove, it looked like it belonged there! :-) I hope to have it to use for many years to come.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, December 28, 2010
Received kettle looked cute and just what I wanted size wise I trust the Revere Ware name. But after 1 use it doesn't stay open/locked anymore & does not whistle anymore either. It's under warrantee for a year so I am going to contact the company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Design - Not Functional, December 18, 2010
Don't buy this tea kettle. It doesn't whistle past a whisper and the handle is too hot to touch when removing unit from stove and pouring hot water into the teacup.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't whistle, June 28, 2009
Flash (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Steam leaks out around the whistle spout cover instead of going through the hole in the top of the spout cover. Poor fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, April 7, 2010
I purchased this tea kettle as a gift and we are very unhappy with it. After just a few uses, it began to show signs of rust and corrosion around the bottom edge, so there must be a leak somewhere. The spout drips when pouring. I do like the off-set design of the opening for filling and cleaning, but it was hard for an older person to remove the lid (although I suppose that might get easier with more use.) If you have owned and used RevereWare products for many years (as I and the gift recipient have) you may find that this kettle does not nearly measure up to the quality of their older pots, pans, and kettles. It is not very well-made.