5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Rebel Tulip Flower Lens Hood
Published 21 months ago by Danette

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
The lens hood works fine on the zoom setting but when the lens is at the wide angle, the edges of the hood show on the pictures.
Published 11 months ago by MajDGH

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Rebel Tulip Flower Lens Hood, October 9, 2012
This review is from: 58MM Reversible Flower Lens Hood (2013 Update) for CANON REBEL (T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XT XTi XSi SL1), CANON EOS (700D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 1100D 100D 60D) + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)
Item was exactly as shown and described. The hood fit my Canon Rebel T3i camera perfectly. I am very pleased with the quality of the product v. price. Its light weight and sturdy, yet doesn't take up a lot of room in the camera bag. I would order from them again - in fact, I have. The down side of this hood I discovered is that when my lens focuses, the highs and lows of the hood rotate with the lens. I am told it will be handy for lenses that don't rotate, but I have also now ordered the rubber lens hood too - In fact, one for me and one for my husband for a stocking stuffer. The freebie gift of the cleaning cloth is a very welcome item also. Nice size and cleaned well.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, July 27, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad grade plastic, inheritantly defective., December 16, 2013
The hood is made of what seems like sub-standard plastic. A few minutes after getting it out of the bag and trying to attach it to my Nikon camera the hood itself broke in half so I unhappily super-glued it and after a few minutes when the glue dried I tried it again and part of the plastic that runs along the threads broke into a long shard! I super-glued it again and it finally managed to stay in one piece long enough for me to mount it to the camera but that wasn't the end of my woes; the hood causes some terrible vignetting and I suspect its because of the size of the mounting base and to make matters worse I am unable to mount a filter in the front of the base so I have to screw the base into the filter pushing the hood out further making the vignetting even worse.

I don't like to be a harsh person but after my experience I would not recommend this hood to anyone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Threading is off, November 29, 2013
The lens hood does not fit securely on my lens and often falls off. I doubled checked and its the right thread size but seems to not thread on right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Descent for the price, August 17, 2013
The price for the product is really good but the issue that I am encountering is that I am able to see the fringe of the hood in some of my pictures. I am not sure if others are like that so it is hard for me to judge...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hood, September 26, 2013
Item work great on an T3 Rebel. Little bit tight, but works great. Really helps to keep the sun out on bright days to make those great outdoor shots possible.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does fit, read directions, October 25, 2013
This lens hood is NOT meant to mount directly onto your lens. It is meant to screw onto a filter. (clear, ND, polar).
It mounts to the filter and the thin nut that is spun on is used to lock down the hood base even more. (by rotating the nut back towards the lens it acts as a double nut, giving better hold)

The hood seems like it is pretty durable and can withstand some beating.
I haven't had a chance to test this in real conditions yet, (going hiking soon and if anything changes, I will try and update this)

Because this is a pedal hood it will not work with the old 18-55 mm lens (the one I got with my T1i kit) because the focusing mechanism rotates the lens/filter, thus rotating the hood as well. Obviously this applies to any external focusing lens.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Nikon 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6g ED VR lens, December 22, 2013
I purchased this 67mm hood for Nikon 18-140mm lens. But unfortunately at 18, 24 mm all images corners are blocking. This is coming due to the hood can't mount directly on lens, you have to use hood ring for this.

So I recommend not to buy this 67mm hood for Nikon 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6g ED VR lens.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt connect directly to lens, January 14, 2014
I had to use the included adapter ring on my Canon 17-135 lens and the adapter ring caused shadowing in the coners of the picture. I feel the hood should make a bayonet connection directly to the lens, no adapter ring needed. Yes the shadow will disappear if one zooms in but I do not want to have to worry about that when taking a pic and forgeting and then ruin a good photo

1.0 out of 5 stars FLOWER LENSE, January 5, 2014
Mounted it on my Canon SL-1, shadows on every photo, difficult to screw on (plastic). Threads will not last. doubt it would last, I threw it away

Rate and Discover Movies