4.0 out of 5 stars Good Review, but not useful alone
I read this book from cover to cover - twice - and did well on my second try of the practice exam. I felt pretty good about the knowledge I had learned. However, this did NOT prepare me for the CLEP Exam in Natural Sciences. The questions were much broader than what is covered in this book. I suggest that this book definitely be used as a beginning to study for the...
Published on April 5, 2002 by Tandala R. Nobles

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs More
I took the CLEP using only this book as a study guide, figuring because I have a medical and biology background I would be fine. I passed, but I did not do as well as I thought I would, and there were a lot of questions on the exam that were not covered in the study guide. Also, all the Comex books need to be updated. They all present the test in it's old form. I...
Published on June 24, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for recalling old knowledge, January 14, 2008
J. Reuter (Burbank, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Review For the CLEP Natural Science Examination (Paperback)
The COMEX guide is 1/2 inch thick and you've got to have paid attention during High School Life/Physical Science or have read a one dollar thrift shop college text book to have an expectation of passing any of the CLEP exams. I went 13/14 and 54 semester hours in 2006, only failed the Public Speaking DSST because I didn't go three minutes. The COMEX books aren't cram guides but they are among the best available for those with needing to recall old knowledge or make sense of new material from a used textbook. I found the Rudman to be the most difficult to understand while the Barrons, Princeton Review, Peterson's are somewhere in the middle.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY outdated material, save your money and don't buy!, November 21, 2008
Though the publishing date listed is 2005, be warned that this is just a reprint of a 1978 book, not an update of a 1978 book. As such, it is very outdated; for instance, it still lists the solar system as having 9 planets, the purpose of the thymus as 'unknown', etc. If you were to memorize all the outdated material in this book, it would make it very difficult to actually pass the CLEP NatSci exam.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point for the test, but plan a few more items, September 20, 2007
I used this book for the CLEP natural sciences exam. This book is a good starting point for your review, but it's not enough. I used this book as the primary resource, followed by the Official Study Guide 17th edition for review of test questions. I also bought Barron's Review Course Series, Let's Review Earth Science book for review. It covers a lot of stuff in more detail. Be prepared for the Biology and Chemistry portions of this test. I studied the CLEP guide I'm reviewing here and found the questions in the back to be pretty good, followed by testing myself with the CLEP Offical study guide and the Barron's book for thumbing through for review areas. I studied for 2 days, maybe 5 hours total and scored a 68 on this test. I hope that helps and good luck if you plan to take this test.

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of Date & Incomplete, May 21, 2014
If you need a CLEP Natural Sciences study guide, this one will not be all that useful. Thankfully I remembered a lot of my high school science classes, but there was a majority of stuff I couldn't remember, or we didn't even cover. This book is too rudimentary for the current CLEP exam. If you;re going to CLEP out of your Natural Science class using this book, you had best know more than what is in this study guide.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't contain the right info, April 30, 2014
I bought this book in preperation for my clep exam on natural sciences. However, the actual exam covered so much more information than was included in the study guide. I literally had to guess on 75% of the questions asked. I don't feel that this study guide helped prepare me at all for the clep exam. I suggest not buying this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, December 2, 2013
Beautiful book in new condition, arrived early. This is perfect as a study guide with the most complete and up to date info in comparison to current college entry exams.

4.0 out of 5 stars CLEP PREP, April 19, 2008
Lady T (Central NJ) - See all my reviews
book was a great help for studing. exactly what i was looking for at the time. i hadn't taken any science for well over 10 yrs and this gave me a good basis of everything.

Review For the CLEP Natural Science Examination
Review For the CLEP Natural Science Examination by James R. A. Frendak (Paperback - May 1, 2005)
Used & New from: $0.01