5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and efficient
Published on May 8, 2012 by NYNHCA

1.0 out of 5 stars Pirate edition!
Pirate edition!! Bad text and paper quality. Hard to read some diagrams.
Published 1 month ago by Ikko

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and efficient, May 8, 2012
NYNHCA (SF, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ARE Review Manual (Architect Registration Exam) (Paperback)
I found this book to be the best resource for getting my studying started and understanding the scope of all the exams. I also used a few Kaplan guides, which I found to be overkill. For a few of the exams, I used the specific Ballast books, but I only used them because I was able to borrow them for free. They were great as well, but provided more questions and exams than I could have ever found the time or desire to pursue.
If you're preparing to start taking exams, this book is the best resource, and will save you a lot of time. If you think you're weak in a particular area, use this book first, and then consider supplemental information/books from Ballast or Kaplan.
btw, I passed all my exams the first time around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Study Book but may be best to Buy Direct from Publisher, December 31, 2011
This is an essential resource for the ARE, but please be aware that the publisher PPI / Ballast sells this book directly [maximum list price is $240+s&h as of 12/10/2103] and it is almost always cheaper than anywhere else new plus there are AIA / AIA Associate member, student, and other discounts if you call and ask. Make sure you are buying the 2010 copyright since the 2007 book has older contract documents. Amazon's constantly fluctuating price and many sellers trying to recoup more than this study material costs do not make it easy to decipher what is newest and for the best price.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Need to Pass these Exams?, March 16, 2013
Look no further. Great book, has all the information for all the exams in one. I actually like it better than Kaplan guides, and much cheaper too. Kaplan and Ballast has two different styles of teaching the information, and I prefer this one. Everyone is different, try to get your hands on both if you can. Check out your local AIA office and see if you can take a peek at either one and see what fits best. I personally read both materials from Ballast and Kaplan for each exam, and so far so good... knock on wood. Good luck future architects!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, March 11, 2013
The item was delivered promptly in perfect condition.
It is a great resource for anyone studying for the ARE. Although it does not contain any practice questions, it covers all the sections of the ARE is a concise and easy to understand manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars This over Kaplan, September 18, 2012
I have purchased Kaplan books and this Review Manual. I have gotten more quality study material from the Ballast book. The newer Kaplan books, after I reviewed previous versions, have removed information from the books that people still need to review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pirate edition!, June 27, 2014
Pirate edition!! Bad text and paper quality. Hard to read some diagrams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for ARE preparation., June 21, 2014
This is a must have for ARE preparation. This book supplemented with Kaplan prepares you adequately for all 7 ARE tests. If you know this book end to end you will definitely pass your exams. Only issue is sections are set up for each exam but study materials overlap for all exams. Be sure to cover as much as you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ARE Study guide, May 23, 2014
Kevin C. (Palisades Park, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my office,
great book which I highly recommend

good companion to the KAPLAN ARE (Exam) study guides (expensive, around $1k)

5.0 out of 5 stars No practice questions, April 14, 2014
This book provides a pretty good overview of information. Defiantly a good outline more than anything.

Can't wait to see if it was worth it when I take my exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Choice, April 14, 2014
It's got everything! Or at least that's what I've seen thus far. I'm currently studying for the Programming and Planning Exam which means I get to jump through out the book. It has streamlined the study content for me.

ARE Review Manual (Architect Registration Exam)
ARE Review Manual (Architect Registration Exam) by Steven E. O'Hara (Paperback - December 8, 2010)
$384.00 $259.46