5.0 out of 5 stars Great Revit Resource
Published on January 21, 2010 by Darin Aguilar

1.0 out of 5 stars beware! less helpful than the online help!
Published on January 15, 2011 by reviteer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Revit Resource, January 21, 2010
This review is from: Revit 2010 - Family Standards and Best Practices (Paperback)
This book gave me exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a book that was not a tutorial because they only tell you how, not why. This book explains why to do many necessary things in family creation. I already knew how to create a reference plane, dimension, and a solid. With this book, I now also understand the best way to bring them all together, as well as tips and tricks that can make my job easier. I no longer have to alt/tab between help pages and websites. This book brought all that I needed to know the in-depth processes needed to make the highest quality families. Thank you for writing this, it is the best book I have in my Revit library.

5.0 out of 5 stars best practices, best references, January 19, 2010
This book is now my favorite reference when creating families. It gives me a detailed enough guide without being too wordy when I just need an answer. It also gives great references to topics that are otherwise difficult to understand or find good information on. Great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars beware! less helpful than the online help!, January 15, 2011
This book is a bit of a joke to be honest. Complete sections/examples are actually a 1:1 copy of the online help which comes with revit for free! And there is actually not much content at all. Pretty useless super basic stuff for the first half and then the last quarter is full of useless conversion/unit tables that you can get for free via google/ wikipedia, too.... I seriously can't understand those 3 (good)reviews above, they must be affiliated with the author...Seriously, just go to something like [...] or similar and you will get 100x better hands on info about revit families than in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start at a standard..., August 8, 2011
This is for the more advanced family developer or for use in a large company installation. Following these guidelines will simplify debugging and create better families. Some very useful tidbits hidden within, but not really good for a novice who might be scared-off by another layer of rules (needed layer, but might be frightening to the novice).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practice guide, July 11, 2011
While this doesn't walk you step by step through creating a family, it does provide excellent standards and practices to follow when creating Revit families. I got one as a gift and another when I attended a class on Revit families so I shared it with a friend. Excellent reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, December 23, 2010
Rusty (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
If you don't find something in here that will save you hours of time and trouble in family development, you are either a Revit Family Genius, or you are barely scratching the surface.

Revit 2010 - Family Standards and Best Practices
Revit 2010 - Family Standards and Best Practices by Integrated Content Solutions (Paperback - November 14, 2009)
Used & New from: $344.81