Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

90%
10%
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon October 16, 2004
REVIVAL PRAYING is one of the best books on prayer. In fact, I would rate it just a bit ahead of Leonard Ravenhill's best known book, WHY REVIVAL TARRIES?. The book focuses not on revival as much as prayer. It is Ravenhill's firm belief that we lack a true sense and awe of God's holiness and majesty because we don't pray (Luke 18:1). Despite the church being very active in politics, programs, and everything else under the sun, the average church's prayer meeting is either non-existent or lacking. For example a local church near me boasts in their 500 members but only 6 usually come to their prayer meeting. How sad!

If you are a weak, defeated, sinning, dead in your sins, no hunger for God "Christian" then please don't read this book on prayer. Try a lighter book such as Bill Hybels' TOO BUSY NOT TO PRAY but don't read any books by Tozer, Wesley, Ravenhill, M'Cheyne, Morgan, Torrey, or any other of the older saints of God (Colossians 4:2; 1 Thess. 5:17; James 5:16). These books are not books on HOW to pray but are written to encourage those who DO pray (Matthew 7:7-11; Luke 11:1; Acts 2:42; Romans 12:12).
33 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This book, like all the others by this author has a powerful message that will stir you to the depths of your being. Len Ravenhill was a man most intimate with God. His manner of writing is biting at times, and frequently harsh. But it is never arbitrary harshness. It is inspired and inspiring. The harshness is from the raw conviction that the words convey. Clearly this, like Bro. Len's other books, is yet another message from the throne.
on February 3, 1999
I consider Leonard Ravenhill to be my spiritual grandfather. He discipled most of the men who discipled me. To say that Bro. Len was outspoken on the subjects of prayer and revival would be a gross understatement. Much more than writing on the subject, he was a man of much prayer. Pick up this book today, or any book he's written for that matter, and get ready to be challenged and convicted!
on December 21, 2003
This is one of Ravenhill's better books, and is a great treatment on prayer. Though I don't think this book quite takes hold of you as his masterpiece "Why Revival Tarries." However, it is still a great book on prayer that all would do well to have on their shelves, after having heavily read it and underlined it. Oh yeah, don't forget to put into practice what you read in this book, otherwise, you will have not gotten anything out of it.
on June 30, 2011
I was a 25 year old pastor fresh out of seminary when I first sensed God speak to me, "I want you to learn to pray." I knew there was a book on prayer out there somewhere that I needed to read that would teach or inspire me in prayer. I wasn't looking forward to the read, whatever it was, because a book on prayer sounded so boring.

I was a Methodist. During our annual conference I went to the conference denominational Cokesbury Bookstore, and starring at the devotional section I spotted the spine of a book titled "Revival Praying". I needed to learn how to pray and I certainly needed revival so I purchased the book by an author unknown to me as Leonard Ravenhill.

When I arrived back at my Methodist parsonage I started reading...and read the book eight times before I ever put it down! My life was changed, challenged, and my spiritual behind was charred by the fires of revival praying. I would never be the same.

That was 30 years ago and today I picked up my copy of Revival Praying again to browse through it's pages. I still have my original copy, although I have purchased a newer one as a show piece.

Revival Praying is one of most "need to read" books on prayer.

Read it and be changed!
on August 4, 2007
Leonard Ravenhill does not mince words. He is a man with a heart after God's heart. This books has been written from a place of prayer. It is
not a book of theory but of experience.

I recommend this book for anyone and everyone who has ever had the urge
to pray more. I believe we should read it and reread it until prayer has become a driving force in our lives. Let's heed the prophets call and step into the place of prayer a place where we can sense God's heart and lead changed lives for the kingdom. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
on December 5, 2009
"God gets the scraps of our lives. We pray to Him if we are not too tired; we go to prayer meeting if it is not raining; we pray for the heathen if we are constantly being jabbed by prayer circulars. Shall we render unto the Lord that which costs us nothing? We will have to sacrifice precious things in our lives if we are going to learn the great art of intercession. We are to offer to God sacrifices of righteousness (Psa 4:5), and one such sacrifice is named-"a broken spirit: a broken...heart, O God thou wilt not despise" (Psa 51:17)

So awesome! Get this book if you wish to have a heart of prayer!
on May 9, 2007
Some might see it as something prepared for a pastor or preacher, nevertheless, the message presented here is strong, and Ravenhill does a fantastic job by expressing the message of powerful prayer in a bold manner. Reading this text brings back the encouragement to express our prayer as is taught in the Scripture, and Ravenhill does a wonderful job backing his statements with Scripture. In short, read it, from this reader's perspective, any and every Christian should read it, seasoned follower or newly-converted, the power of prayer a true must, and is the most-powerful weapon a Christian can ever have!
on June 13, 2009
I truly liked this book. Though it is dated by the situations of the time it was written, the main point is timeless. When I was finished with the book I was challenge to not only evaluate my prayer life but, to really dig in and pray with my whole heart. I highly recommend this book.
on October 10, 2011
If you want a book that will challenge you to go further with God and a book that will show you God's heart for the lost and dying people around you then read this book. Every page was worth reading.