5.0 out of 5 stars None better!
Published on January 22, 2010 by A. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not recommended on gray
Published on October 26, 2011 by MT

5.0 out of 5 stars None better!, January 22, 2010
A. Collins (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gear Aid ReviveX Nubuck, Suede & Fabric Water Repellent, 4-Ounce (Sports)
Revivex water repellant for shoes is the best product I've ever used for waterproofing and I've used a few over the years. I bought my first bottle in a outfitters store. I used it on a pair a hiking boots that my son was going to wear on an away school trip that included hiking. Rainy weather was called for all weekend. I applied Revivex to the boots saturating them and then letting them dry. My son told me that the boots never even became wet! His feet stayed dry and warm the whole time! Yeaa Revivex! I won't buy any other product for our waterproofing needs again. I've also used it on my daughters well worn Ugg boots. She brought them camping and you know how shoes can become soggy from the morning dew around the campsite. After treating her Uggs they never became wet and her feet stayed dry. No more having to dry out the boots by the fire every night! It works wonderfully on the fabric as well as the suede parts of the boots and does not change the appearance at all or make it feel weird. I don't know how they do it but this stuff just works fantastic! I'm a Revivex fan for life!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not recommended on gray, October 26, 2011
MT (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This didn't discolor tan or black suede, but it did make 2 pairs of gray suede darker. I have a lovely new pair of gray suede heels, and I feel like the spray made the suede look "cheaper" and darker, but I wouldn't say it ruined them. I'll still wear them, but I feel like they looked better before using the spray. I did test it on the back of a heel first, and it didn't seem to make much of a difference in color, so I sprayed the whole shoe to find it did make a difference... so I'm not sure "testing" really proves much.

I sprayed a pair of gray suede Sperrys (slightly different quality of suede), and while they looked a bit darker, I actually preferred them that way. The suede didn't feel different afterward like they did for my gray heels. I'm not sure what "kind" of suede has this effect (are there different "kinds" of suede?).

I sprayed 5 pairs of shoes yesterday and I wore the gray Sperrys today. It happened to rain, and the spray seemed to do its job.

After spraying 3 pairs of flats, 1 pair of heels and 1 pair of boots, I felt like this bottle is nearly empty -- *maybe* enough spray for one more pair. I suppose that's reasonable, as it may be unreasonable for me to have 6 (actually 7... maybe 8) pairs of suede shoes... woops! ;)

Overall, I'd say it's good for black and tan shoes (not sure about dark brown yet), but be careful with gray shoes. Always test a spot, although my test spot wasn't an accurate portrayal of what happened after I sprayed the whole shoe. I would buy it again if I can't find anything with better ratings for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, September 30, 2010
B. Ferm (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
There was enough in this bottle to saturate a pair of knee high suede boots and 2 pairs of suede loafers. It works great if you follow the directions and saturate the suede, don't just spritz it on. It dries quickly, doesn't discolor the suede and really waterproofs. I'll say again for those who complained of poor performance, follow the directions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 18, 2010
D. Huntsman "dani54" (Baton Rouge, LA United States) - See all my reviews
I think this product is great. I used it on 3 different suede shoes - tennis shoes, heels, and ankle boots. All three look and feel the same as before. And I wore the tennis shoes yesterday during rain and they still look perfect today. I am thoroughly happy with one slight hitch. The bottle doesn't last very long I did 2 applications (that is recommended for max results) on those 3 shoes and I only have a tiny bit of product left - definitely not enough for another shoe. So I recommend buying more bottles accordingly. But I am about to buy another one now - so obviously I think it is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well on sheepskin, February 9, 2013
I gave in and bought Uggs. Swearing never to live anywhere cold long enough to need such hideous boots, I ended up in Pittsburgh. Rainy and cold and snowy and cold and...did I mention cold?

Anyway, the suede boots are all I wear now. I slop through rain and mud and crap. This product makes the water just bead up and roll off. It didn't discolor the leather at all. We used it on tan and black suede boots and it worked extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, November 29, 2011
Dot (FL United States) - See all my reviews
Used this spray to waterproof 2 pairs of sued boots. There was enough to do 2 pairs of women's size tens. The waterproofer worked. I used the boots in 10 inches of snow and also stepped out of the car into a puddle and my feet stayed dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best protective application and applicator., November 30, 2010
works great and goes on much easier than the aerosol or the pump from Ugg. We recommend it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in a blizzard, January 3, 2011
I ordered this product for my bearpaw boots. It works! We just recently had a blizzard and some of the snow drifts were about 3ft high. My feet never got wet. The suede on my boots did not get ruined like my pairs in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 10, 2013
I used this on my suede Clark's desert boots. I followed the directions on the bottle and applied it once, and let it dry and applied again. It does a great job of protecting the suede.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and didn't darken my suede, September 6, 2012
I hesitantly tested this spray on a hidden spot of a pale tan suede jacket, and light tan suede boots. After waiting 24 hours, the suede on both items was the same colour as the control areas. Success 1!

Water beads right off the jacket, and although I haven't tested the boots yet and might apply a second time before exposure to the elements, I am just happy that they are the same colour as before treatment. Success 2!

Ordered another bottle to treat my other suede shoes.

Rate and Discover Movies