Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on January 22, 2010
Revivex water repellant for shoes is the best product I've ever used for waterproofing and I've used a few over the years. I bought my first bottle in a outfitters store. I used it on a pair a hiking boots that my son was going to wear on an away school trip that included hiking. Rainy weather was called for all weekend. I applied Revivex to the boots saturating them and then letting them dry. My son told me that the boots never even became wet! His feet stayed dry and warm the whole time! Yeaa Revivex! I won't buy any other product for our waterproofing needs again. I've also used it on my daughters well worn Ugg boots. She brought them camping and you know how shoes can become soggy from the morning dew around the campsite. After treating her Uggs they never became wet and her feet stayed dry. No more having to dry out the boots by the fire every night! It works wonderfully on the fabric as well as the suede parts of the boots and does not change the appearance at all or make it feel weird. I don't know how they do it but this stuff just works fantastic! I'm a Revivex fan for life!
0Comment56 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2011
This didn't discolor tan or black suede, but it did make 2 pairs of gray suede darker. I have a lovely new pair of gray suede heels, and I feel like the spray made the suede look "cheaper" and darker, but I wouldn't say it ruined them. I'll still wear them, but I feel like they looked better before using the spray. I did test it on the back of a heel first, and it didn't seem to make much of a difference in color, so I sprayed the whole shoe to find it did make a difference... so I'm not sure "testing" really proves much.

I sprayed a pair of gray suede Sperrys (slightly different quality of suede), and while they looked a bit darker, I actually preferred them that way. The suede didn't feel different afterward like they did for my gray heels. I'm not sure what "kind" of suede has this effect (are there different "kinds" of suede?).

I sprayed 5 pairs of shoes yesterday and I wore the gray Sperrys today. It happened to rain, and the spray seemed to do its job.

After spraying 3 pairs of flats, 1 pair of heels and 1 pair of boots, I felt like this bottle is nearly empty -- *maybe* enough spray for one more pair. I suppose that's reasonable, as it may be unreasonable for me to have 6 (actually 7... maybe 8) pairs of suede shoes... woops! ;)

Overall, I'd say it's good for black and tan shoes (not sure about dark brown yet), but be careful with gray shoes. Always test a spot, although my test spot wasn't an accurate portrayal of what happened after I sprayed the whole shoe. I would buy it again if I can't find anything with better ratings for a reasonable price.
11 comment38 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2010
There was enough in this bottle to saturate a pair of knee high suede boots and 2 pairs of suede loafers. It works great if you follow the directions and saturate the suede, don't just spritz it on. It dries quickly, doesn't discolor the suede and really waterproofs. I'll say again for those who complained of poor performance, follow the directions.
0Comment45 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2010
I think this product is great. I used it on 3 different suede shoes - tennis shoes, heels, and ankle boots. All three look and feel the same as before. And I wore the tennis shoes yesterday during rain and they still look perfect today. I am thoroughly happy with one slight hitch. The bottle doesn't last very long I did 2 applications (that is recommended for max results) on those 3 shoes and I only have a tiny bit of product left - definitely not enough for another shoe. So I recommend buying more bottles accordingly. But I am about to buy another one now - so obviously I think it is worth it.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2011
Used this spray to waterproof 2 pairs of sued boots. There was enough to do 2 pairs of women's size tens. The waterproofer worked. I used the boots in 10 inches of snow and also stepped out of the car into a puddle and my feet stayed dry.
on March 19, 2013
I used this on my Nike tennis shoes as well as my winter boots. One bottle was more than enough to do both pairs, and after 4 months of MN winter, both pairs still repel water like the day I applied it. Buy this product, you'll be happy with it.
on November 30, 2010
works great and goes on much easier than the aerosol or the pump from Ugg. We recommend it to friends.
on January 3, 2011
I ordered this product for my bearpaw boots. It works! We just recently had a blizzard and some of the snow drifts were about 3ft high. My feet never got wet. The suede on my boots did not get ruined like my pairs in the past.
on February 28, 2013
I was looking for my new uggs. I was afraid since these are my first pair. I read some reviewds to see if anyone had sprayed their uggs. The bottle is small and it made me wonder if it would be enough to spray my Etta espresso uggs. I sprayed a small spot and the next day I could not see where I had sprayed. So I sprayed the pair. I ended up having to rub the solution in. It made me wonder if ugg had already treated it for water proofing. I allowed it to dry over night as directed and they looked great. I tested them out by running water over them and the water just rolled off . I sprayed them again as directed. They dried quickly and look great. No discoloration.
on September 6, 2012
I hesitantly tested this spray on a hidden spot of a pale tan suede jacket, and light tan suede boots. After waiting 24 hours, the suede on both items was the same colour as the control areas. Success 1!

Water beads right off the jacket, and although I haven't tested the boots yet and might apply a second time before exposure to the elements, I am just happy that they are the same colour as before treatment. Success 2!

Ordered another bottle to treat my other suede shoes.