5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Classic
This is a fragrance that I've been using since childhood. My mother would always put it on us after we took a bath, and later after we took our showers. It became a habit, and the scent of this product is - I think - lovely and classic, as the title says.

Published on July 15, 2008 by C. S. Belyea

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the "ORIGINAL"
Published on April 25, 2010 by E. Craighead

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the "ORIGINAL", April 25, 2010
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
Revlon changed this classic, timeless scent (NOT "ORIGINAL" as bottle says), and it didn't work!! I had seen the many comments on this and other sites, and decided to test it out for myself. I bought a new bottle, and splashed a handful of it on one arm, then splashed a handful from my old bottle on the other arm. I was amazed to find such a change - the new formula is awful! The fresh, spicy scent with the almost musky accent is completely gone. I could blend rancid lemon juice and some 50-year-old old talcum powder and produce something similar to this new scent. YUCK!! BAD JOB, REVLON! Maybe I'll come back to try it again in a year or so, though I doubt they'll listen to us and go back to the REAL ORIGINAL. I'm really going to miss my old Jean Nate!

1.0 out of 5 stars it stinks, April 2, 2010
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
I have been wearing Jean Nate for something like 45 years or so (I know its been a long time) Then I ran into it at Walgreens and bought a bottle of the Splash. I tried it and it STUNK! What happened???? I tried it again, same stink as before. Then tried it on my daughter and mom to see if perhaps my body chemistry changed and made it smell bad on me. But it stunk on my mom and daoughter too! So, now I am researching the smelly Splash product on line and see that more ladies think also like me: the new Jean Nate Splash STINKS. I have used it 2 days now and gotta take it back for a refund or return it to Revlon. All I know is that i cannot wear the new scent. Please bring back the ORIGINAL Jean Nate Splash...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars jean nate, what happened to you?, April 24, 2010
Maryann Taylor "cigalechanta" (Cambridge, Ma. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
like a previous poster said, they have destroyed the original scent of jean nate. I'm using it to clean up where my pup messes, SHAME ON YOU. the original was the best. There's almost a pepperey after fragrance, yikes!

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought something was... DIFFERENT!, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
I concur with the comments of some of the other Jean Nate Splash customers who, like me, have detected a noticeable change in their experience with this product.

I have used JEAN NATE splash for 25+ years and have always enjoyed the natural, light, fresh, long lasting scent. Over the years, many coworkers have inquired as to what type of fragrance I was wearing... even several hours into an eight hour workday. They described the scent as "subtle and refreshing"; not too overbearing.

Personally, I thought I detected a "change" in this product about 3 years ago. The scent did not appear to be the original light, "fresh" scent. Additionally, I thought the aroma had become very short lived; wearing off rather quickly... which may have been to my advantage as over the course of the day it appeared to develop an "off" scent, something akin to "vinegar". (On one occasion while waiting in line at the bank, a lady standing behind me had to step aside as she was offended by the scent.) Initially, I thought that perhaps my body chemistry had changed, making this product's scent interact inappropriately, however after reading other user's experiences, perhaps the problem lies with the manufacturer.

So, I guess my long love affair with Jean Nate Splash has come to an end. Others may try and appreciate this product, however I will not invest any more money in something that I feel has become inferior in quality.

I did so enjoy another of Revlon's offerings marketed several years ago... the Jean Nate (Blue) SEASCAPE scent. Perhaps Revlon might consider re-introducing this scent... if they haven't "toyed with" the ingredients of this product as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Jean Nate Has Changed, and Not For the Better..., June 30, 2011
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
I have always loved Jean Nate after bath splash. It's so refreshing particularly in the summertime. I had read some of the reviews saying the formula had changed, but couldn't think of a good alternative so I went ahead and ordered some. The other reviewers are absolutely right - the formula has changed! I still had a little bit of the "old" Jean Nate in a travel bottle and compared. The new stuff doesn't even smell remotely like the true original Jean Nate. I'm giving it two stars because there is one good quality that remains - when you splash it on it does feel cool (although I imagine rubbing alcohol, which smells as good as this stuff, would work as well and cost a lot less). I just can't understand why Revlon would change what was once a fantastic product, but I do know I'm now on the hunt for an alternative that smells decent.

1.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking?, September 30, 2009
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
I've been using Jean Nate After Bath Splash my entire life, and have loved it and introduced it to friends and family, but my recent purchase smelled completely different. REVLON, DON'T MESS WITH A CLASSIC!!! I will never buy this product again unless they change the formula back to the original. What would possess them to make this change? Either create a new product with a new name, or leave the original as is. Did you think we wouldn't NOTICE???

1.0 out of 5 stars What were you thinking?, June 17, 2010
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
I thought I was the only one out there who noticed the difference in the Jean Nate' until I started reading the other comments. I'm not alone! The new stuff is terrible compared to the old. Plastic, it smells like plastic. I was told for years how nice I smelled. Not anymore. So I switched to Philosophy's Amazing Grace. The firming body lotion is wonderful. Clean and refreshing the way Jean Nate' use to be. I have written Revlon several times and they said they changed the formula 2 or 3 years ago with no explanation as to why. In the mean time I bought at least 3 large bottles of the after bath splash and pretty much had to waste them. Don"t buy the new stuff. It's not the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Jean Nate Disappoints Big Time, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
My mom used Jean Nate, I used Jean Nate. Every time I used it I felt my mom with me, she's been gone since I was 21, I'm 55 now the last few years have been such a disappointment. Everything I've enjoyed about the lightness and freshness of the product is gone and the one thing that kept my mom near is now gone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same but not the same, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce (Misc.)
I have used this product for decades. Then one day, the flagrance lost its lightness, becoming a tad muskier as one reviewer puts it... I use it now very sparingly, but mostly on guests'finger towels when I serve a dish requiring their use use. Disappointing, yes... however for first-time users, if they like the flagrance, they would not know the difference. Why can Revlon leave something good ALONE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Classic, July 15, 2008

The fragrance was launched in 1935 by Charles of the Ritz (known for the Ritz-Carlton hotel) and has been pretty much the same the entire time, or so my grandmother tells me.

Revlon Jean Nate, 30-Ounce