Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Revlon ColorSilk #48 Burgundy
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: 48 Burgundy|Change
Price:$5.20+ Free shipping

on January 21, 2015
This is my go to brand. It's cheap, but the color doesn't look it. Even coverage and it covers my grays.
review image review image
on April 17, 2015
It's been an excellent alternative to Perfect 10 that was damaging my hair horribly. I've used Revlon Colorsilk about 5 times now (every 2 weeks). The last 2 times I have mixed Light Ash Brown 50 with the Dark Blonde 61 to a get an in-between color -I'm still looking for the best proportions of each. I leave it on for 35 minutes and it covers my gray roots perfectly. It doesn't itch, it doesn't smell bad. I feel that my hair is recovering from the damage done from Perfect 10. I do recommend this product.
on August 11, 2014
I just colored my hair this morning with Colorsilk #50 Light Ash Brown. I didn't buy here on Amazon as it was cheaper at my local Rite-Aid ($3/box), but wanted to write a review as I couldn't find many here on Amazon for that specific color. Just want to say I LOVE IT! My hair in my younger years was this color, but with age (mid-40s now) I have been getting more and more grays, especially around my top hairline. I have had some horrible colorings over the years, my hair never took the color like it was supposed too (always ended up brassy, reddish, etc.). I had been using Natural Instincts 9N dark blonde, but noticed this past time that after the color was washing out, it was turning brassy and I really had to color every month as it washes out quickly, so I decided to try a more permanent color and went with Colorsilk after reading the reviews. I couldn't be happier! I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to end up red like so many times in the past, but decided to bite the bullet and went for it!

I didn't leave it on the full 25 minutes, just shy, like 20 minutes as I could see it turning dark and didn't want to be black like some reviewers mentioned (my hair is fine so it absorbs color like a sponge). I probably could have gone the full 25, but I really love it the way it is now. It looks completely natural, no brassiness or reds whatsoever! My hair is incredibly soft and shiny with some highlights (from the grays I suppose) but it looks nice with highlights and lowlights. This is my new color from now on! And it's so cheap...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Look 20 years younger...well maybe not 20, but still look younger :D

(BTW, make sure you cover your vanity. Just from putting the bottle down while I spread the color thru my hair, my vanity is stained. I'm sure it will come off with some bleach, but just beware). Oh and my hair was pretty much "tri-color" before I colored it. Dark blonde with light brown roots (new growth) and some "reddish/brassiness" streaks, light blonde/gray around hairline, darker brownish ends with about 30% grays mixed throughout (more around my face). The length is just past my shoulders (1 box was plenty) and it is fine in texture. This covered the gray wonderfully! Looks almost the same as the picture on the box.
on May 10, 2015
I started to color my hair myself at home over a year now, normally every 4 months approximately. I always use revlon and never had any problems with hair damage or scalp burning. The price is good too. I'm 30, no greys to cover yet, but I have naturally black hair so I like to add a splash of color. I used number 60 and 50, dark ash blonde and light ash brown. One box of each mixed together, as I need 2 boxes for my hair. See pictures for color results. Please note the dark smudge on the picture is the shadow of the person taking the picture, no I didn't miss a spot😊
review image review image review image review image
on June 22, 2011
I've had black/blue-black hair for a while now, and have become somewhat of an expert in the field of cheap-o boxed drugstore hair color. I keep coming back to this color! I was suspicious at first to be honest because its SO cheap, I figured my hair would fall out or turn an ugly color... but I tried it anyway. I have long, super thick hair but there was enough dye to get everything - no streaks. It lasts the longest out of any boxed hair color I've tried and it looks SO good!
OK, yeah, it comes with cheap crappy gloves and the world's smallest packet of conditioner, but those are minor issues. You can get 50 pairs of latex gloves at rite-aid for 2 bucks (a good idea anyway so you dont have to keep reusing the dirty color-stained gloves from the box) and if you don't already have conditioner to supplement the conditioner in the box, you shouldn't be dying your hair anyway.
The only drawback I've experienced is the color DOES run when I wash it and I have definitely stained my bath towels/pillowcase a few times. It could be something I'm doing wrong though...
66 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
I use this for touch up on my roots, since I have sensitive skin and nose. It doesn't smell like others. It is gentle. You can use this if you are not ash,more warm tones blonde to add as a low light.I use this then highlight with a bleach blonde with cap. But this is a nice rich color. Again it is a golden brown.but for me it's just not a drab brown that is what I like. More natural,easy to use and lasts until next touch up.I also love the shampoo and conditioner. Wish they would bottle it!!! Just remember anytime you are on medications it may not be a good time to color hair.
on May 15, 2013
I absolutely love this color. Of course, I had my hair bleached months before using this. I originally started out as a medium ash blonde but decided I wanted it lighter and I love this color. It does fade a bit quick for me. After two washes it did. But I would recommend this to someone wanting to dye there hair light blonde.
on April 25, 2014
So happy to have discovered this ammonia free dye. It works! I have grey roots that appear every 2 weeks that must be colored. I had been using full-chemical permanent dyes, but wanted to try something less harsh since I dye my hair so often. Surprisingly, this covered just as well as the full-chemical dyes but without the harsh smell and less time! The first time I used this I only left it on for 20mins per the directions, but the root were still grey. The second time I left it on a full 27 minutes and the greys covered beautifully!!!
on March 12, 2015
I have had the worst hair dying experience of my life with this product! I dye my hair every 4 weeks, and it had always turned out well before, so I certainly know what I am doing. This product left my hair damaged. My hair feels like STRAW!!! No conditioner i tried is making this any better. This product is a disaster! Do yourself a favor and use a different brand. I had great experiences with L'Oreal and Kerastase.
on January 18, 2016
I used this primarily to cover the pre-mature white hairs that have unfortunately started growing in sparingly around my face. I was using Clariol Natural Instincts for the last few years to give me a dark red tint to my naturally dark brown hair, but it is semi-permanent and was not covering my whites very well for very long. I decided to try a permanent dye and this one seemed to fit the bill. It has excellent gray/white coverage (at first) and matched my color pretty well. The golden hue is definitely accurate; it's a very warm looking brown and a pretty color.
Why 4 stars? - I hated the smell of the conditioner included in the package and it was only so-so for making my hair feel soft after - I much prefer the one that comes with the Natural Instincts dye. Also, it has been about 2.5 weeks since I colored, and I can see that the white hairs are starting to lose the pigment (and that's with using Herbal Essences color safe shampoo/conditioner and only washing my hair every 2-3 days).
In all, I will likely try an ashy-hue next time to see if that helps with longer-lived white coverage but would use this dye again.