4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
I've had black/blue-black hair for a while now, and have become somewhat of an expert in the field of cheap-o boxed drugstore hair color. I keep coming back to this color! I was suspicious at first to be honest because its SO cheap, I figured my hair would fall out or turn an ugly color... but I tried it anyway. I have long, super thick hair but there was enough dye to...
Published on June 22, 2011 by Grace M.

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible For Hair
I only buy this when money is tight. It colors fine but leaves your hair like straw and washes out almost like a rinse would do. The gloves are horrid to use compared to higher priced colors. Don't buy it if you don't have to.
Published 6 months ago by bamboochik

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on grey!!, April 25, 2014
So happy to have discovered this ammonia free dye. It works! I have grey roots that appear every 2 weeks that must be colored. I had been using full-chemical permanent dyes, but wanted to try something less harsh since I dye my hair so often. Surprisingly, this covered just as well as the full-chemical dyes but without the harsh smell and less time! The first time I used this I only left it on for 20mins per the directions, but the root were still grey. The second time I left it on a full 27 minutes and the greys covered beautifully!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up, April 22, 2014
Last Sunday l went to a near by store, bought this product. At first l was afraid it was not going to turn right but l said why not take a risk. After l was done coloring my hair and blowing dry it l was very happy it turned nice yay!!! And, l love price very inexpensive product lm sticking with this color for awhile..Revlon colorsilk #48 is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, November 12, 2011
Revlon Colorsilk in Ultra Ash Blonde is my best kept secret. My hair is naturally medium brown, but this lifts it up to the lovely light blonde of my dreams... and it's only $3-5 per box! If your hair is long, like mine, you will need two boxes. I have tried more expensive products, but this is honestly the best there is. I have also tried Ultra Sun Blonde, which is a bit brighter and great for the summer. Colorsilk in Strawberry Blonde is great as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the color and conditioner smells heavenly!, August 19, 2011
I have natural medium brown hair with natural silver streaks through it(age 45). I have colored, bleached, toned, dyed, straightened, highlighted my hair well since I first discovered as a teen that my dark blonde hair could be bleached with a lemon at the beach.

fast forward to this past week. I wanted to lighten my roots and skip the orange so I choose ash.
Ash in blonde colors works best. Gold in browns work best btw..
Tried Blonde hair color and too much orange?? You picked a golden shade, next time go ash.

back to last week. I had brown roots as well as silver roots. I also had highlights which had grown out 2 inches. The rest of my hair was a light brown from a dye I had put on over... get this (bleached hair almost barbie blonde).

I picked up 2 boxes of Revlon - Colorsilk Hair Color in Ultra Light Ash Blonde. I have waist length very thick hair and knew I would need 2 boxes. I washed it the day before. I mixed the bottles, applied gloves and starting with the crown of my head worked outwards making sure all roots were covered. Then I combed the product through my hair making sude the bangs were in the direction they go. I applied the remainder through the rest of the hair. My hair is curly so I did not comb this through, if it were straight i would have. I left it on 30 minutes and rinsed it in the shower and aplied the conditioner and combed all that through and left it on while i showered then rinsed.
I was quite shocked that it removed the permanent brown dye I had used 3 months ago. While my hair did not go light ash blonde the total lack of orange is great. My hair is a blonde, sort of like [....] It maintained my highlights both natural ones and ones I had put in several months ago

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilled with #30 Dark Brown, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color 30 Dark Brown (Health and Beauty)
I'm new to home hair color, having recently returned to hair dying after trying my natural salt/pepper for nearly a decade. I was a salon-color girl prior to that, but these tough times just make spending $$$ month on hair dye out of the question. About six weeks ago I had my virgin hair dyed at a low-cost, walk-in hair salon because I was too afraid to color my hair myself. I asked for dark brown and left way too red/brassy ( ! ). I tried to correct this myself with a semi-perm color by Ash Brown Natural Instinct, which improved the sitch a bit. Two weeks ago, I shelled out the money at another salon where they did a fairly good job of getting me to dark brown...but still there was an undertone of brassy red.

I knew I wouldn't be able to continue to keep up with salon prices, so I began to hunt for an at-home solution. My hair grows very quickly, so since my hairline was already very white, I figured I'd just give this Revlon a go since the reviews were so go. This $5.00 box has saved me. My hair is finally dark brown, exactly matching the model's color on the box. I expect the color to fade, as I've read that even permanent color does fade, but at least I know that I have found a brand/color that works. More good news: with all this coloring that my poor strands have been through in the past several weeks, Revlon did not fry my hair - amazing.

Note to those wanting to remain in the brown family - this is truly a very dark brown, approaching black, which is what I wanted. If you're searching for a chocolate brown, this may be too dark for your taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this color. So natural., April 5, 2014
This color is great! It starts off a really dark brown, but lightens up after a couple of days. Once it lightens, it looks so natural that noone could even tell I dyed my hair. It is the perfect shade of brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars 03 Ultra Light Sun Blonde, August 4, 2014
I purchased color 03 Ultra Light Sun Blonde. I am a natural brunette and I have for the past 1 1/2 years spent over $200 on every visit to the salon to have a pretty bleach blonde colored hair and platinum highlights. Every lady out there who is not a natural blonde knows the frustration of roots starting after just about 2 weeks. This was my first experience with box color. I was a bit skeptical purchasing this because of it's amazing price and my fear of becoming brassy, but I desperately want to find something to save me money. I used it to cover my roots only, as I did not want to mess up my entire head if it did not work. This actually worked great! The color is almost identical to my current blonde color. I made sure to follow up after coloring with my violet/blue shampoo to tone out any brassiness. Fingers crossed the brassiness stays away. I noticed a few places where I missed but that's my own fault. I'd say my only complaint is that the conditioner that you use afterwards doesn't smell that great to me, but who cares for the price of this. I will definitely be purchasing this again so I can space out my salon visits more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, November 6, 2012
this is for the burgundy. This color looks really nice on brown hair. I have med to dark brown hair and it really jazzes it up. In the sun it is so vibrant. I get TONS of compliments on the color. When I tell people it is from a box they are shocked. I stopped having my hair colored in the salon because I could not afford it anymore. I am talking $70.00 everytime, and I am a constant colorer. The price is ridiculously cheap. I have used dye from Sally's, Loreal, Garnier, John Freida, Nice & Easy you name it. For the price you can not go wrong. Covers all my gray and leaves my hair super shiny. My hair never feels dry after coloring. Sure the gloves are cheap and the conditioner is not the best. But for $3.00 a box, how could you possibly complain. The color is gorgeous, it last just as long as the expensive color. I get about 3-4 weeks out of it. I would say probably closer to 3, but I am the kind of person that as soon as I see a few grays I am dying my roots. Try it, I dont think you will be disappointed. I hope they never stop making this brand or this COLOR.

5.0 out of 5 stars like this color, May 9, 2014
I was trying to avoid the reddish brown colors that I have always had. This is a pretty brown. I have received compliments in this color.

5.0 out of 5 stars revlon light auburn # 53, February 3, 2014
love this color. been using it for many years. why do they keep taking it off of the shelf in the stores? it is so natural looking.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›