Most helpful positive review
23 of 23 people found the following review helpful
This is by far the best styling tool I've purchased in the last 20 years
on December 22, 2014
This is by far the best styling tool I've purchased in the last 20 years. Hair dryer, straightener, Curling wand... the trifecta!
This thing is so damn easy to use it's almost unreal. I am never unhappy with how my hair has come out afterward. I get complimented on my hair almost every time I use it. The first two times I used it I held the hair in place too long ad the curls were way too tight. I was going for more of a beachy look, and the instructions CLEARLY say to hold the hair in place for only about 3-5 seconds. I have found that for a half inch section of medium thickness hair, with the tool set just below "max", 4 seconds is perfect.
1) Obviously the higher you have it set to, the less time you hold your hair in place on the iron
2) Hold the wand in the your right hand when dong the left side of your head, and the left hand when doing the right side.
3) Alternate how you twist the hair sections around the wand. Twist some towards your front, and some towards your back. This creates that uneven beachy look.
4) Divide your hair into two sections, and upper and a lower.
5) Do the lower first BUT only start the curling wand about 3/4 from the root. Don't start twisting right at the scalp... this will cause too tight of a curl and make that layer of hair appear shorter. Starting lower and not holding the hair in place for as long in that section will create a longer, looser under layer.
6) For the top layer, begin twisting as close to the scalp as you can get without hurting yourself. This will create lift and give that naturally wavy appearance. Do not hold the iron in place for too long on that top layer! Use thicker sections of hair if thats what you're going to do.
7) Stop the twisting with about an inch of hair left at the bottom of the section being left uncurled. This creates the beachy look. Wavy hair doesn't have tightly curled ends, so if you're looking for the wavy beach look this tip will make all the difference.
Move quickly. Grab a section, twist it, hold it and count for 4 seconds, let it fall loose, grab another section immediately and repeat. I finish my whole head in under ten minutes. The longer you take to do it, the less natural wavy it looks. Its imperfections are what make the style.
8) Juice it up with a little hair spray to hold in place and preserve cleanliness.
9) works best on hair thats a day dirty.
10) looks great with headbands, bandanas, bobby pins, and even a cute pony tail
11) lots of tutorials and reviews on this type of styling tool, and most of the reviewers use it incorrectly, hold it in for way too long, etc. The instructions say 3-5 seconds, and thats what you should do. Keep it moving quickly and it will come out great.
Hopefully this tips help you out! I friggin love this thing and I use it about three times a week. I straight my hair the day I wash it, and then i use the second the day. By now everyone at work knows I didn't wash my hair based on when its wavy hahah. Best took ever.
Oh and I used the glove ONCE. It's really not that serious of an undertaking that you should need to use that glove. Once you've done it a couple times, you'll know how your hair reacts and the tool is very consistent.
HOORAY FOR THE REVLOG CURL COLLECTION BUBBLE CURLING WAND!!