Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Price:$31.96+ Free shipping

on August 9, 2009
I had been using the ped egg for awhile when the blade started to wear out. I went to purchase the replacement blades when I saw this one by Revlon. It was the same price as the ped egg replacement blades, so I took a minute to way the pros and cons.

First, I love that you don't need to replace the blade with this. Second, the shape makes it easier to hold than the round ped egg. Another advantage is that it doesn't *look* like the ped egg. Whenever I'd have someone over, if they saw my ped egg they'd say, "GROSS!" because they'd seen the commercials where the girl empties a quarter cup of dead skin into a trash can.

Now the biggest reason why I chose this one over the ped egg is the file that's on the bottom of the case (you can't see it in the picture). On the ped egg, the file is like a piece of sandpaper which wears out quite quickly and also needs to be replaced. On this one, it's a metal file, which doesn't need to be replaced either.

So, for all those reasons, I chose this one over getting new blades for my ped egg. If I find that the blades on this one wear out, despite the 'lifetime guarantee', I'll come back and update the review.
on November 21, 2011
I was soooo surprised and impressed the first time I used this. I have rough, calloused feet from years of dancing and the fact that I don't have the time (or money) for frequent pedicures means my feet had gotten nasty. Like rough skin catching on fabric nasty (ewww, gross!!!!!); I wouldn't let my husband's feet touch mine because I was so self-conscious. I had tried all kinds of exfoliators, buffers, files, etc. and never got the kind of smooth finish you expect from a nice salon pedicure. The first time I used the Pedi-Expert, I was thrilled! My feet were super smooth and it was so easy to use.

A word to the wise - the system does catch a lot of dead skin, but not all of it. I still had to clean up a super fine layer of pedicure dust off the bathroom floor once I was done. So, you know, I wouldn't recommend using it in bed or anything like that (lol). It is both gross and gratifying to see just how much dead skin this thing removes. I actually got a little carried away the first time I used it after I saw the intitial results and kept polishing - long enough that the bottom of my feet were a little sore the next couple of days.

Anyhow, bottom line, this thing works and I am thrilled that my days of rough feet are over. If you want soft, smooth feet, get one of these. I am giving one to my mom and my sister for Christmas stocking stuffers this year and I know that they are going to be a big hit!
on December 24, 2012
I'm always barefoot and develop quite a 'crust' on my heels as a result. I've been using PedEgg but it just didn't take enough off and it seemed to lose it's sharpness quickly. However this Revlon product really takes it off and I mean RIGHT NOW. Just a few swipes and walla! I only have to use it every month or so and then apply Heel Tastic that same night. OMG they work terrifically together. Maybe not for those who don't have serious calluses though.
on May 17, 2014
I got this completely on a whim when I saw it in the store. I just happened to glance at it and remembered that I'd been trying to remind myself to get something, anything to get rid of my icky heels for weeks. I got home and just out of curiosity, decided to check the reviews and low and behold, they were fantastic. So I tried it out for myself immediately (I have no life and nothing better to do) and I don't think I've ever been so pleasantly surprised with a product in my life.

I mean, it's a pretty simple concept but I was not expecting much since I'd never used any similar products in my life. Just an impulse buy.

Oh and who could say no to a little pink nail file and some clippers as a little bonus.

tl;dr: It does the job, and it does it right. No nonsense about it.
VINE VOICEon August 3, 2009
Previously I've owned a couple of Ped Eggs but then read that this one has a lifetime guarantee on the blades that they won't wear out or need replacing so I decided to give this one a try.

Unfortunately, this one just doesn't work as well as the original ped egg. The blades on the original Ped Egg seem finer and more gentle than this Revlon Pedi-Expert. The Ped Egg takes off more of the dead skin without damaging the skin underneath. After using this one I had to apply the foot file quite vigorously after using and even after doing that my feet weren't as smooth as I can get them using the Ped Egg.

I'm definitely going back to using the Ped Egg because even if I do have to replace the blade about every 3 months or so (depending on how often you use it), it's worth it to me to get much smoother, softer feet and it's still less than I'd have to spend to go get a pedicure.
on July 8, 2013
Works great -- better than the Ped-Egg! Be careful though, if you are used to the Ped-Egg you'll find that these blades are set a little more aggressively than the Ped-Egg, so take off more skin with each pass. You can easily shave off more than you intended if you scrape as much as you're used to.

Hopefully these blades will last longer than the ones on the Ped-Egg. Seemed like Ped-Egg blades were purposely designed not to last too long -- doesn't seem right that shaving skin should cause blades to dull after 10-15 uses.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with my new pink savior for my cracked heels.
on September 1, 2013
i bought this product off of the strength of the reviewers comments and i do agree that it is a better product than the ped egg. it sloughs away the dead skin quickly and easily in about 1/3 of the time and effort.

the file is very sharp on the unit. you have to be very careful that you do not take off too much skin or nick yourself as it's really painful both scenarios. I would buy this again.
on October 28, 2015
I've tried other ped eggs and tools and when I found this one, it was a last stop for me. I love that it has a chamber for the dead skin, I bleach mine after each use and it doesn't rust, it doesn't cut me yet it's sharp enough to do a great job. Can be used on a wet foot or dry foot. Inexpensive for a two pack. You won't need two, so you can keep one in your travel kit, or give it away as a gift. I've been using mine for over 7 years, and recently someone stole it! That's how great this product is, that someone tried it and stole it from me! Personally I think that's kind of gross because it's a personal care item, but I missed it so much I had to buy another one. I got the two pack because Amazon didn't have any single packs. I gave the other one to my 30 year old daughter and she loves it. She has very calloused heels and now they're smooth as a babies bottom. I'll never try another brand and I'll never stop using this one. Great product, you won't be sorry.
on December 11, 2012
The cheese grater type filer is FANTASTIC! It's better than getting a pedicure. My heels actually feel the floor. That doesn't even happen after pedicures. Be careful not to get too aggressive but I would highly recommend this product. I got the set for less than $10 at Walmart. A set of two would be worth it for $20 - his and hers for your husband who wont go get a pedi!
on July 9, 2013
I needed something to smooth out my callused heels. When I saw this I liked the shape and the depth (and the extras) and decided that I would give it a try. I love it! It works quickly and I don't have to be in the shower (like my other one requires) to use it. The only thing that I don't like, it's hard to get open - but the other pluses far outweigh that one small negative.

See 1 answered question