5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Ped Egg
I had been using the ped egg for awhile when the blade started to wear out. I went to purchase the replacement blades when I saw this one by Revlon. It was the same price as the ped egg replacement blades, so I took a minute to way the pros and cons.

Published on August 9, 2009 by Laura I

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Stand Up to the Original Ped Egg
Previously I've owned a couple of Ped Eggs but then read that this one has a lifetime guarantee on the blades that they won't wear out or need replacing so I decided to give this one a try.

Published on August 3, 2009 by K. McGee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Ped Egg, August 9, 2009
Laura I (Fairchild AFB, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)

First, I love that you don't need to replace the blade with this. Second, the shape makes it easier to hold than the round ped egg. Another advantage is that it doesn't *look* like the ped egg. Whenever I'd have someone over, if they saw my ped egg they'd say, "GROSS!" because they'd seen the commercials where the girl empties a quarter cup of dead skin into a trash can.

Now the biggest reason why I chose this one over the ped egg is the file that's on the bottom of the case (you can't see it in the picture). On the ped egg, the file is like a piece of sandpaper which wears out quite quickly and also needs to be replaced. On this one, it's a metal file, which doesn't need to be replaced either.

So, for all those reasons, I chose this one over getting new blades for my ped egg. If I find that the blades on this one wear out, despite the 'lifetime guarantee', I'll come back and update the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over pedi-egg, Revlon's got you beat!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I was soooo surprised and impressed the first time I used this. I have rough, calloused feet from years of dancing and the fact that I don't have the time (or money) for frequent pedicures means my feet had gotten nasty. Like rough skin catching on fabric nasty (ewww, gross!!!!!); I wouldn't let my husband's feet touch mine because I was so self-conscious. I had tried all kinds of exfoliators, buffers, files, etc. and never got the kind of smooth finish you expect from a nice salon pedicure. The first time I used the Pedi-Expert, I was thrilled! My feet were super smooth and it was so easy to use.

A word to the wise - the system does catch a lot of dead skin, but not all of it. I still had to clean up a super fine layer of pedicure dust off the bathroom floor once I was done. So, you know, I wouldn't recommend using it in bed or anything like that (lol). It is both gross and gratifying to see just how much dead skin this thing removes. I actually got a little carried away the first time I used it after I saw the intitial results and kept polishing - long enough that the bottom of my feet were a little sore the next couple of days.

Anyhow, bottom line, this thing works and I am thrilled that my days of rough feet are over. If you want soft, smooth feet, get one of these. I am giving one to my mom and my sister for Christmas stocking stuffers this year and I know that they are going to be a big hit!

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Stand Up to the Original Ped Egg, August 3, 2009
K. McGee "KayJay" (Beautiful Idaho, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)

Unfortunately, this one just doesn't work as well as the original ped egg. The blades on the original Ped Egg seem finer and more gentle than this Revlon Pedi-Expert. The Ped Egg takes off more of the dead skin without damaging the skin underneath. After using this one I had to apply the foot file quite vigorously after using and even after doing that my feet weren't as smooth as I can get them using the Ped Egg.

I'm definitely going back to using the Ped Egg because even if I do have to replace the blade about every 3 months or so (depending on how often you use it), it's worth it to me to get much smoother, softer feet and it's still less than I'd have to spend to go get a pedicure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 'hooves'!, December 24, 2012
Robin (Mesa, Az USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I'm always barefoot and develop quite a 'crust' on my heels as a result. I've been using PedEgg but it just didn't take enough off and it seemed to lose it's sharpness quickly. However this Revlon product really takes it off and I mean RIGHT NOW. Just a few swipes and walla! I only have to use it every month or so and then apply Heel Tastic that same night. OMG they work terrifically together. Maybe not for those who don't have serious calluses though.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST foot treatment EVER!, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
The cheese grater type filer is FANTASTIC! It's better than getting a pedicure. My heels actually feel the floor. That doesn't even happen after pedicures. Be careful not to get too aggressive but I would highly recommend this product. I got the set for less than $10 at Walmart. A set of two would be worth it for $20 - his and hers for your husband who wont go get a pedi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., May 17, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I got this completely on a whim when I saw it in the store. I just happened to glance at it and remembered that I'd been trying to remind myself to get something, anything to get rid of my icky heels for weeks. I got home and just out of curiosity, decided to check the reviews and low and behold, they were fantastic. So I tried it out for myself immediately (I have no life and nothing better to do) and I don't think I've ever been so pleasantly surprised with a product in my life.

I mean, it's a pretty simple concept but I was not expecting much since I'd never used any similar products in my life. Just an impulse buy.

Oh and who could say no to a little pink nail file and some clippers as a little bonus.

tl;dr: It does the job, and it does it right. No nonsense about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic product for dry heels!, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I have had hard/dry heels forever. This works so well it puts the Ped-Egg to shame. Really amazing...way to go Revlon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than Ped-Egg, but be careful, July 8, 2013
P. Lee (philadelphia, pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
Works great -- better than the Ped-Egg! Be careful though, if you are used to the Ped-Egg you'll find that these blades are set a little more aggressively than the Ped-Egg, so take off more skin with each pass. You can easily shave off more than you intended if you scrape as much as you're used to.

Hopefully these blades will last longer than the ones on the Ped-Egg. Seemed like Ped-Egg blades were purposely designed not to last too long -- doesn't seem right that shaving skin should cause blades to dull after 10-15 uses.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with my new pink savior for my cracked heels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Results!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
Let me start this off by saying that, previous to this, I never used a Ped-Egg or anything like that. The most I ever used was a pumice stone and lotion. I never wear shoes or socks if I can help it, and I had some dry, thick, cracked skin at the ball of my foot that I could never quite make go away with those products... It was gross. I hated dragging my feet across fabric and feeling it snag because of my dry and cracked skin.

So, I saw this in a grocery store and picked it up- AMAZING. I had no idea what I was missing. I just used this for around 20 minutes straight, and all that dry, thick skin is gone. Completely. My feet haven't been this soft in... Forever. The amount of skin that came off was both disgusting and oddly gratifying, concrete proof that this product really works.

It was very easy to use, even for a beginner like me. It fits into the hand nicely, and is easy to open and close, but secure. I was scared it was going to hurt, since it feels sharp to the fingertip, but I didn't feel any pain when using it. It didn't take long at all! I will warn you though, do this over a trash can- only half the dead skin makes it into the hollow interior, the rest will fall all over wherever you're sitting.

I am in love with this product. I can't stop touching my feet. I feel the bizarre need to buy a few spares, just in case. Buy this, you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it!!, August 2, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
Bought this at a store. This beats ped egg hands down. Super sharp blades and almost no effort! However, with the super sharp blades, as commented by others, I plan on doing a little bit at a time. I know there is a little more that I could have taken off in my first pass, but I'm going to moisturize well for a couple of nights and repeat again. My feet already feel and look 100% better! So glad I gave it a try!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Revlon Pedi-Expert (Pack of 2)
$19.98 $18.15