4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied
Published on February 24, 2006 by Tanya M. Parker-Kittell

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unhappy
Published 19 months ago by MGRtist

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, February 24, 2006
This review is from: Revlon RV261 20-Roller Ionic Professional Hairsetter, Purple (Health and Beauty)
I had read the reviews on several other hot roller sets so I really was skeptical about buying these. I was pleasantly surprised, however. Even though I would like a case that is more travel friendly, I would make the extra space in my suitcase for these. The rollers took only one time for me to get used to using them. They are a bit hot on the ends, and i could use about 5 to 7 more rollers, but overall they work well and the curls come out shiny and bouncy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Rollers!, September 5, 2009
Having read all reviews, I decided to try this set based on positive feedback and price. I am so thrilled with the results from my first use! My hair is shiny, has held the curl
( even on a summer day with an outside temp of 95 and major humidity!!). My previous set was Conair Velvet rollers and they never held the curl. The plastic on that set broke immediately, I feel this Revlon hairsetter is durable and easy to use. I recommend it highly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unhappy, February 5, 2013
The lid is not attached, so when you carry it anywhere, if you don't have a good grip all over it, the lid slips off and scatters the clips all over the floor. The ends are NOT cool - I have burned my fingers every time I used them. The clips are not tight, and adjusting them makes your fingers burn more. I'm online now trying to find another, different set. Don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this set of hot curlers!, March 26, 2007
These hot rollers are easy to use. They heat up quickly. They have an off/on switch which I love. The lid is easy to take off and on. The clips hold the rollers securely in my hair. My only complaint is the holder for the clips is not large enough to hold the clips properly. This is not enough of a reason in my opinion to not purchase these rollers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Curls Rock!, December 5, 2007
Easy to use. Great curls for me. I am new at using hot rollers, I have always used a curling iron. I thought they were simple, fast, and produced a wonderful bounce. I save myself at least 15 minutes in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars These work great!, November 21, 2009
I love these rollers. They take a good 10 min to heat up, and they aren't too hot to handle. I also like how the rollers have little teeth on them instead of velvet. It makes them stay on your hair better. The storage compartment is too small to hold the pins, but I just keep them in the plastic bag they came in and then I separate them by size on my counter when I'm ready to use them. I don't see what the big deal is that the lid isn't attached. You just take it off when you use them and put it back on when you store them. It's not like the rollers would fall out anyways. They snap down onto each metal prong. When I travel, I just wrap the cord around the middle to keep the lid on. I also love how you can leave these plugged in because it has an on/off switch. Overall, I think these are great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, May 17, 2013
This is plastic junk that overheats, burns your head, hair, can't compare to its predecessors. The plastic top falls off. Don't buy it. It's garbage and a waste of money. Get the velcro rollers and use them on dry hair for an hour instead.
I had a Clairol curler for 30 years and regret throwing it away for this. I threw this away after two months. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!, December 11, 2010
I notice that it takes a long time to heat up. Now, it doesn't work at all! I hate the clip. Do not buy this product....

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too practical, March 9, 2007
The rolls are very hot to handle well when you put them in your hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot and ready to use, March 18, 2013
I'm happy with the roller sizes and heat. I have had a simailar model when Revlon first came out with them. This model is more finger friendly and the curls are great. If you fingers are very very sensitve you shouldn't use them. The rollers do have an area where you can hold the roller to roll it on and pin it. The rollers from the past did not have this finer protection so for me this works great!

Rate and Discover Movies