5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
I Love this Flat Iron! I have other great ones, but this is the one I must have!!! after so many years of using mines, it was pretty old and finally stopped working. I freaked out and was so glad to find it here again on Amazon!. so I am happy indeed with my lovely purchasee yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published 6 months ago by Yaneida Gutierrez

2.0 out of 5 stars I did not think this product was designed well.
I bought this because it was on sale at target, and it donated a portion of its profits to breast cancer research. However, now I really want to return it because it just doesn't do its job very well. I bought it as a replacement for my Conair, but my Conair still has a better design.
Cons:
When I turn the heat dial past 20 (because my hair just doesn't...
Published on January 22, 2011 by Sharon W

2.0 out of 5 stars I did not think this product was designed well., January 22, 2011
Sharon W (Cerritos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon RVST2015C Perfect Heat Ceramic Straightener, Pink, 1 Inch (Health and Beauty)
Cons:
When I turn the heat dial past 20 (because my hair just doesn't straighten on anything lower) the handle part gets uncomfortably hot. If it's past 25, it's already too hot to touch.
When I clamp down on my hair with my hand, the straightener nips the skin of my palm and it hurts, so I have to hold it with my fingers only. But, because of that I can't use much strength to clamp. It's rather inconvenient.
Sometimes strands of my hair get stuck between the ceramic plate and the plastic as I straighten... it hurts.
It says that the ceramic plate has some kind of oil that acts as a protectant and it will come over after using the straightener a few times. It also said that it will create some kind of smell while the oil is still on there as you straighten. So when I tried straightening, I smelled that oil alright - IT STINKS. I really didn't like that smell.

Pros:
It's cheap.
Revlon donates a portion of its profits to breast cancer research.
Some people may like the pink color.

I don't even know if I can return it. I already cut open the plastic case..

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, May 7, 2010
I bought this straightener hoping for something good, and that's what i got, the first day. After the first use it basically broke down, not really straightening my hair and leaving an icky brown residue all over the ceramic plates. The handle also heats up and it is impossible to use this product without burning yourself. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. PRODUCT.

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but not the best., February 21, 2011
This pink hair straigtener is appealing to the eye, and workis wonderfuly on it's schedule, buit not mine. Yes it would heat up to addiquit tempuraturess but It would not straigten very well after the first few uses. I was impressed, not only with the price, but with the look of it. Thinking, and trusting, that the fabulous brand, REVLON would delevier a high quality product, I bought it with inentions that i would use it everydsy but noooooo, it couln't give me that. Stupid satan straightener. this stupid piece of junk. DONT BUT HTHIS pLEASE itis simply the most awefully ugly piece of crap that i have ever used. never touch this THING TO your delicate glistening hair, u will much regret this terribly aweful decision. no buy. that means don't buy this. I hate myself so much for buying thistty. I cryied when it stopped working cause it looked so pretty!!! I juts want a new straightener!!!!! DO NOT BUY this! I repeat! you will be highly disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 18, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, horrible product, March 19, 2014
I bought this at Target when it was on sale. It is the worst product I've ever used. The so-called "tangle free swivel cord" does not, in fact, swivel. My cord is a constant tangled, knotted mess. The dial for changing the heat is easy to bump around, especially if I'm trying to curl my hair. One curl it will be at a 20 to 25 and then my thumb accidentally hits the knob and the heat is down to 5 or 10. I never get even heat distribution. The plates are really weird so the iron gets snagged on my hair whenever I use it, regardless if I'm curling or straightening". The handles frequently get too hot to touch and so I burn my hands often. All around, this has got to be one of the worst designed products I've ever wasted money on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, February 10, 2014
It leaves my hair both perfectly straight and shiny. I've never experienced any "snagging". I love how the border makes it almost impossible to burn yourself. I've had it for 2-3 years and it's never given me problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blah, February 4, 2013
It takes a very long time to heat up, and leaves hair frizzy instead of sleek like flat irons should do. Also, once the iron is on for a while, the plastic handle burns my hand. For the same price of this I could've gotten something a lot better. Next time I'll read the reviews haha.

1.0 out of 5 stars effen sucks, September 12, 2012
this straightener freakin sucks DO NOT BUY. the heat dial doesnt even go that high and it just moves how ever it pleases, after normal use it wouldnt stay put on one certain heat level. i only use it for my bangs because i hate it. it will not straighten all of my hair and it leaves it looking frizzy and the black part in the middle gets really hot on ur fingers and its like ridges so its very uncomfortable and after using it for such a long time for a job that doesnt even get done, your fingers will hurt. yeah it supports breast cancer but no wonder why it was on sale cause IT SUCKS, this is a cheap straightener. like the price

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE, January 26, 2011
I also bought this as a replacement for my former flattening iron that broke after 5 years of wonderful hair straightening and was INCREDIBLY disappointed. I want to return it so badly but I lost the receipt and and still going to try. Not worth one penny I paid for it. The plastic gets too hot to touch and the plates do NOT line up properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, July 22, 2014
I just bought this straightener a few weeks ago, but I had the same one for three years before that. It worked very well for me, just the cord casing broke and it couldn't be used anymore. I'm very satisfied with it, though, evidenced by the fact that I went and got the same one again after my old one broke! For what it costs, it does the job well (and I have very thick hair).