Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

on August 11, 2011
This is by far the best hairdryer I have ever used. I have a VERY sensitive scalp and after using my sisters hairdryer once I had a blistery rash on the back of my head, I never want to go through that again! This hairdryer BLOWS teehee, strong enough for my thick hair, distributes enough heat so I don't have to get close to my scalp at all. The back pops off so you can clean it to keep the air circulation as strong as the first use, also you can't beat the price! Great product.
on February 28, 2013
I purchased this and received it two days later! As always Amazon.com shipping is superior! Ive never had issues with an items sold from amazon.com although I have with their third party sellers. I thought this was a safe bet. I attempted to use it for the first time today and it caught on fire!!! I was using it in a bedroom in a safe outlet that I use for chargers and other items with no issue! It was not around any water! My hair was dry and was using it to help make it straighter. At first it had a smokey smell and I thought maybe this is like a new hair dryer smell. My straightener sometimes smells like this if I use with my hair wet so I thought this was fine. I turned it out waited 5 mins then tried again and luckily I cautiously turned the hair dryer away from hair to make sure it was safe and sure enough fire came out I turned it off unplugged it and it patted it down with a blanket till I stopped. I was sooo scared! luckily I wasn't burned but my blanket had to be tossed! Amazon.com was helpful with processing a return and I still think revlon products are great but something must have been wrong with this particular one so be careful with this!
on January 26, 2013
I needed an inexpensive hairdryer. When it arrived, it was not as large as I thought it would be...that's a good thing when you're tight on storage space. I would say this is a mid-size hairdryer. Not the full gigantic salon-sized version nor the mini travel version. It doesn't seem too noisy when on and the volume of air it blows is pretty decent.

The overall construction is as you would expect for the price...a glossy smooth plastic outer shell surrounding the internal heating/electrical/mechanical workings. The switch is easy to manipulate into the desired setting: down for low and up for high. The cool shot button allows the hairdryer to ramp up into the high mode but blow out cool air. The filter cover on the end of the hairdryer is easy to remove by twisting off. I prefer this type of filter cover over the hinged version that you cannot run under the sink for a good cleaning. If you ever rinse the filter cover, make sure it is absolutely dry before putting it back on the hairdryer as water and electricity do not mix! On the topic of electricity, the hairdryer also features a GFCI plug in case your bathroom doesn't have a GFCI outlet. This feature trips the power off to your hairdryer in case it comes into contact with water, preventing electrocution.

The weight is decent and lightweight, not too heavy to hold while drying your hair. The handle could be a bit more comfortable, but for the money I cannot complain that much.

I don't know about durability, but I think it was a decent purchase and very utilitarian.
on January 15, 2013
For $7.77, it's fine. It blows hot and cold as well as a more expensive unit.

But be aware that the cord is only 4 feet long. That's pretty short.
on February 18, 2013
I have been using it a couple of times and so far it s good! quite powerful for its small size.

UPDATE a year after :
The Turbo dryer just spontaneously "exploded" a couple of days ago. It has been a bit more than a year that I bought it and the
warranty is one year only. I used it max twice a week and went away for about 3 months during the past year. So basically
I did not overused it!

A couple of days ago, while using it my partner heard a loud noise and it just stopped working ! Now we can still use the slow speed that basically does not dry things well.
Too bad! I thought this was a very good dryer until this event happened!
on March 29, 2012
Used once for 2 minutes on low heat. Second use was on high, fan stopped almost immediately but the heating element stayed on. STINK to high heaven and extremely hot. "Safety Plug" did NOT trip off and neither did my GFCI. BEWARE: this is very dangerous! This piece of garbage going back tomorrow. Not even worth the 8.62 I spent.
on March 20, 2013
I don't use hair dryers all that much. My last hair dryer, I think I easily had 5 years. I have long hair, so on winter mornings, I like to partially dry my hair before going out in the cold. I decided to get a new dryer because my old one was starting to get the weird burning smell. I figured I didn't need an expensive dryer, so I bought this one. Within a couple of weeks, using it less than 3 minutes a day, I have already started to get the burning smell. I have taken off the back vent to see if there is hair caught, and I can't see anything. It dries my hair, but I don't like the smell of burning motor/hair.
on January 14, 2015
I'm a guy with medium length hair that needs a hair dryer to speed up the process.

My last hair dryer was a vidal sassoon similiar to the size of this one and just very basic. Worked great for several years then just quit putting out heat.

This one had good reviews and was cheap. So I bought it.

Although it worked to dry my hair and was basic and did the job, exactly what I wanted, it smelt like burning plastic. Maybe it's jsut a new hair dryer? Regardless, I am returning it due to another review where someone had a larger issue arrive from this.

I plan on purchasing a much more expensive hair dryer to get a better quality product. Wish a company could make a small, powerful hair dryer for $20 that just worked and was durable.
on January 18, 2015
If you're looking for bells and whistles, this isn't the hair dryer for you, but if, like me, you just need something super basic that will blow hot air on your head for a few minutes, this is perfect.
on April 7, 2015
A Cheap, Hairdryer ! I got what I paid for. Do yourself a favor and open your wallet and pull out about another $5-$15 for a quality hair dryer, that will arrive fast and free and last a few years of faithful service . Don't be a like me and be a cheap skate and buy a dryer that will be lucky if it lasts 4 months. Because of it's terrible design, if you buy this Revlon Rvdr5034 and are under the assumtion that the dryer has power, stability, easy use, sturdy and years of uninteruptive service. You are purchasing the wrong item.
After the first week of dealing with the above 1875 watt hair dryer, I through it away. It had the power of a quick breeze, not 1875 watt hair dryer.The lesson I had lerned from this mistake is just because a hair dryer is backed by a "quality" company at a good or cheap price. Does NOT mean you are purchasing a "quality" hair dryer. Look at others that are few dollars more, and always check the reveiws of prevoius purchasers.