5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Summer Red

1.0 out of 5 stars it was melted
Published 12 months ago by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Summer Red, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
I bought this lipstick from Amazon because by the time I had seen beauty bloggers raving about it Revlon had already discontinued it. The lipstick arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I will definitely be buying back-ups. The matte texture really helps this very bright color look sophisticated, but sometimes the formula can feel a bit drying. Before wearing it I make sure to really condition my lips with a good balm, then blot the excess off before applying. I like to use Weleda Everon lip balm over matte lipsticks, if my lips should get dried out during the day, because it has a matte finish also. Strawberry suede is a beautiful orange toned red, which is great for the spring and summer months. It's also nice to have a red that isn't dark or dramatic looking; it's a very cheerful, wearable color, especially with my pale skin. Other reds I have tried can make me look a bit goth, but never this color. I love wearing it during the day with a casual white top and loose beachy hair, or a messy bun or braid, and simple makeup elsewhere; just some concealer, mascara and well groomed brows looks very modern and pretty. I like to tap some of the lipstick color from the tube very lightly onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it in with fingers to make the look cohesive and keep me from looking too pale. I am in my mid-twenties, and I only started being interested in lipsticks in the past year or so. I almost passed on trying this lipstick because it was discontinued, but I am so glad that I gave it a try. I absolutely love this color and I wish Revlon would distribute it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super speedy delivery, June 21, 2011
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
the best lipstick out there - competes with all the high end products but doesn't dry out my lips like MAC does. Great summer product -hard to find in the drugstore.

1.0 out of 5 stars it was melted, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
I came across this discontinued lipstick thinking it was going to be fantastic since many of the reviews were saying how great the product was. The colour was nice, however, I was so disappointed when it came in the mail completely melted and smushed in the tube!! I tried everything to try and sculpt it back to a useable/ presentable way but I was just so annoyed I ended up trashing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect balance of coral and red, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
I found swatches of this lipstick on blogs and was bummed out when it discontinued before I had a chance to get it. I tried searching for similar duplicates but came out empty handed. The SLEEK true color lipsticks have one similar but a tad more pink called Papaya Punch, I guess you could make it make it more red by wearing a lip liner but the texture and color for the price is a steal. I am very glad I decided to get this and recommend it to anyone looking for a matte (but not overly dry) red-pink-coral lip

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, retro-inspired color, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
This is the perfect shade somewhere between coral, red, and orange. It is especially intense and beautiful if worn with a pencil underneath. LOVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best color ever!, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
I already own another red color of this matte range of Revlon so I knew how great the lipstick holds during the day.
It doesn't bleed! This color is marvelous because it changes with the color of your lip pencil. When you use a standard red the lipstick melts into the red and the general color will look redish. When you use a more coral color lip pencil the lipstick will definitively look coral! It is my new favorite color!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like nothing special, but is actually fabulous!, May 6, 2013
Yael Bolender (Los Angeles, CA 90041 USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
I bought this lipstick because a You-Tuber Beauty Guru said that it was fabulous. So, I was really curious to see what was all the fuss about. But when I received it, it looked more like a geranium red to me, nothing special, nothing to be excited about. I was a little disappointed but wore it anyway. And more I wore it, more I loved it, because it is much more than a simple geranium red, it is rather mat, and has something subdued, the color is not as simple as a geranium red, it really looks like suede (hence its name), I never had a lipstick like this one, and I actually love it.
I read some reviews saying that is was orange. It wouldn't have bothered me to have an orange one, but I can't really say it is orange, even not dark orange. It has a very special color that I never saw nowhere before. It is rather long-lasting, as much as a lipstick can be, all depends on how you treat it, if you go and eat right away, it will last less than if you do nothing special. I was actually pleased to see that it was staying a rather long time on my lips. And anyway, it is always possible to make touch-ups.
It is not drying on the lips, I didn't notice that. But don't hope it to be super-moisturizing either, it is a lipstick, not a balm or a lip butter. And it is rather opaque, with a very soft look.
I certainly don't regret to have it!
Let's say if you like Revlon, and the mat kind of subdued geranium red lipsticks which look like suede, then this thing is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lipstick!, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
I just luve red lipstick and I really luv this shade!

2.0 out of 5 stars more sheer then matte, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
No ma'am, the consistency of this lipstick is more sheer then anything and the color swatch is a no-no. I like revlon lipstick because they have a decent line of matte lipsticks but this is a dud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick (Health and Beauty)
Just the right color to go with my nail polish! Product is as advertised and is reasonably priced. Great for any gal who likes shades of red.

Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick