Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on April 7, 2012
I bought this lipstick from Amazon because by the time I had seen beauty bloggers raving about it Revlon had already discontinued it. The lipstick arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I will definitely be buying back-ups. The matte texture really helps this very bright color look sophisticated, but sometimes the formula can feel a bit drying. Before wearing it I make sure to really condition my lips with a good balm, then blot the excess off before applying. I like to use Weleda Everon lip balm over matte lipsticks, if my lips should get dried out during the day, because it has a matte finish also. Strawberry suede is a beautiful orange toned red, which is great for the spring and summer months. It's also nice to have a red that isn't dark or dramatic looking; it's a very cheerful, wearable color, especially with my pale skin. Other reds I have tried can make me look a bit goth, but never this color. I love wearing it during the day with a casual white top and loose beachy hair, or a messy bun or braid, and simple makeup elsewhere; just some concealer, mascara and well groomed brows looks very modern and pretty. I like to tap some of the lipstick color from the tube very lightly onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it in with fingers to make the look cohesive and keep me from looking too pale. I am in my mid-twenties, and I only started being interested in lipsticks in the past year or so. I almost passed on trying this lipstick because it was discontinued, but I am so glad that I gave it a try. I absolutely love this color and I wish Revlon would distribute it again.
on May 6, 2013
I bought this lipstick because a You-Tuber Beauty Guru said that it was fabulous. So, I was really curious to see what was all the fuss about. But when I received it, it looked more like a geranium red to me, nothing special, nothing to be excited about. I was a little disappointed but wore it anyway. And more I wore it, more I loved it, because it is much more than a simple geranium red, it is rather mat, and has something subdued, the color is not as simple as a geranium red, it really looks like suede (hence its name), I never had a lipstick like this one, and I actually love it.
I read some reviews saying that is was orange. It wouldn't have bothered me to have an orange one, but I can't really say it is orange, even not dark orange. It has a very special color that I never saw nowhere before. It is rather long-lasting, as much as a lipstick can be, all depends on how you treat it, if you go and eat right away, it will last less than if you do nothing special. I was actually pleased to see that it was staying a rather long time on my lips. And anyway, it is always possible to make touch-ups.
It is not drying on the lips, I didn't notice that. But don't hope it to be super-moisturizing either, it is a lipstick, not a balm or a lip butter. And it is rather opaque, with a very soft look.
I certainly don't regret to have it!
Let's say if you like Revlon, and the mat kind of subdued geranium red lipsticks which look like suede, then this thing is for you!
on June 21, 2011
the best lipstick out there - competes with all the high end products but doesn't dry out my lips like MAC does. Great summer product -hard to find in the drugstore.
on December 18, 2015
I tend to use this as a highlight lip stick. For a light tint without the heavy look, I would put it on for a couple minutes and wipe it off leaving a pinkish tint- then use chapstick to moisturize. Its a pretty heavy lip stick. But if you can work the red, then this is perfect. just make sure you moisturize every now and because it does apply dryly.
on April 19, 2016
This has been my favorite go-to red for years now, only just now being overshadowed by my Colourpop "Creeper." If you like bright reds, this one is for you. Not only is it super highly pigmented, it's also fairly long lasting. I bought it a few years ago after discovering bright mattes for the first time, and it became one of the default lipsticks I would wear. It stays fairly well, and only really needs to be reapplied once a day, potentially twice if you're consuming a lot of soups of other beverages. The color is, as named, "Strawberry." It's very red, with a slight orangey undertone. It looks really nice on me, because I have a pinkish undertone, and because of this the oranges cancel out any yellowness in my skin. Also, for those with green eyes, or blue eyes, as is my case, the orangey red really makes those two colors pop, so I would highly recommend for anyone interested in brightening the appearance of their eyes.
on December 5, 2013
The color is not great on me and I thought a matte lipstick would look better on me than it does. The price was great, but I mix it with something else to get the color and texture I want or need.
I don't recommend if you have lip lines or porousness around your lips, it'll definitely bleed but it would look much better on someone younger (probably).
on April 16, 2013
Had to try this after hearing rave reviews from several youtube beauty vloggers. Was so sad to hear it was discontinued, but that doesn't mean anything if the internet's on your side! Wore it to work on a whim the day I got it, and could not stop getting compliments. Just the perfect red, and as per usual, just a beautiful quality matte lip from Revlon. I love it, want to buy two more before they become impossible to find.
on June 23, 2012
I found swatches of this lipstick on blogs and was bummed out when it discontinued before I had a chance to get it. I tried searching for similar duplicates but came out empty handed. The SLEEK true color lipsticks have one similar but a tad more pink called Papaya Punch, I guess you could make it make it more red by wearing a lip liner but the texture and color for the price is a steal. I am very glad I decided to get this and recommend it to anyone looking for a matte (but not overly dry) red-pink-coral lip
on July 28, 2013
I really like this lip stick because of the color it is such a beautiful warm red but when I put it on my lips it doesn't go on smoothly. It makes my lips looked chapped even if I put lip balm on before. It looks better when I add a bit of lip gloss after applying the lipstick.
on November 25, 2013
This is THE BEST red!! Sometimes with a matte finish your lips can look dry but it's extremely moisturizing and makes lips look gorgeous without the use of any gloss. Every time I wear it, I get so many compliments and "what color are you wearing?"s. I recommend this- the color is just one of those colors that will look good on just about every one. FYI, it is a bit of a pinkish red - (thus the "strawberry" in the strawberry suede). Wear it boldly for retro red lips or lightly for a beautiful natural "blush" color.